Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Rothko said:
    Wigan are at present close to having a decent starting 11, they don't have anything that looks like a competitive squad
    At least they have a starting 11...........
    Can’t wait for the season to start, so you can cheer up…oh wait, that’s not going to happen. 
    I'll cheer up when the owner follows through on his "promises'. 

At the moment there isnt a lot of difference between TS and Duchatalet in terms of team building. 

It's easy to talk the talk. The club now needs to walk the walk. 
    Is there a lot of difference between TS and Jiminez?
    Only time will tell. With Jiminez the funding ran out iirc. Might happen with TS. Who knows. 

That's the one great thing with life - nothing is certain or guaranteed. And it is always throwing up surprises 
  • Rothko said:
    Wigan are at present close to having a decent starting 11, they don't have anything that looks like a competitive squad
    Can’t wait for the season to start, so you can cheer up…oh wait, that’s not going to happen. 

At the moment there isnt a lot of difference between TS and Duchatalet in terms of team building

I’m sorry, what 👀
    I'm certain under Duchatalet we brought in a number of decent players......some decent enough to be now playing in the Premier League.

I'm not for 1 moment suggesting Duchatalet is better than Sangaard. Of course not. But no-one can deny that he funded player acquisitions,.....although sometimes that meant selling the crown jewels with the likes of Kermorgant. 
  • Rothko said:

At the moment there isnt a lot of difference between TS and Duchatalet in terms of team building. 

Is there a lot of difference between TS and Jiminez?
    Only time will tell. With Jiminez the funding ran out iirc. Might happen with TS. Who knows. 

That's the one great thing with life - nothing is certain or guaranteed. And it is always throwing up surprises 
    Sinister
  • I am amazed at how many people don't understand the 'it's coming home' song or the irony of it. Kaspers comments were ignorant and nothing more than a way to wind up English players. Hopefully they'll use that today against a keeper who has been carried his whole career to anything he's won. 

This sort of misunderstanding gives England fans a bad rep. The song has nothing to do with winning a trophy, that's the ironic part. Song is in reference to a football tournament being in our country, infact it's entirely relevant right now with all the semis and final being at Wembley. Really bugs me this does as too many people go and encourage it, sort of like when people say we forced Curbs out. 

I've got nothing wrong with the song, I like it and have sung it plenty of times

I just think its the press who are twats to take it into interviews and ask opposition players the question... What next, Louis Mendez asking Ben Thompson the next time we play Millwall how they feel about Charlton fans singing: "Build a bonfire"

No Football songs should ever be taken seriously 
    Apart from.

A palarse fan hanging on a string.
    Wasn't that by Loose Ends?
    Im not your plaything.
  • shine166 said:

Latest from Cawley nothing sounds close or as people have said he poss isnt being updated much
    His last comment sums it up, its as if people think they are more clued up than those running the club.
    I think that's an important point.

It's frustrating for us that there hasn't been more movement but it'll be even more frustrating for the recruitment team, TS and Adkins as not only do they have to actually work on these deals but if they don't get it right it makes their job for the coming season harder too.

People would do well to remember that they're as desperate for success as we are.
    One of them has approx £20m reasons mate. Shrewd, slightly mental, cold blooded scandie ( that isnt an insult all scandies are cold blooded it is a medical fact lol ) I'm sure he will be doing whatever he can to get us promoted and moving up the leagues
  • shine166 said:

Latest from Cawley nothing sounds close or as people have said he poss isnt being updated much
    His last comment sums it up, its as if people think they are more clued up than those running the club.

It's frustrating for us that there hasn't been more movement but it'll be even more frustrating for the recruitment team, TS and Adkins as not only do they have to actually work on these deals but if they don't get it right it makes their job for the coming season harder too.

People would do well to remember that they're as desperate for success as we are.
    It is a good point and Cawley has said deals are being worked on. I do understand Golfie's point too. He isn't attacking Thomas, but waiting to see what happens to the recruitment before he is happy with it and he feels we should be further down the track than we are given what we were told. 

My view is, I am expecting good recruitment and I appreciate it might be difficult and delayed due to a variety of reasons, but I will judge it when I see it in its totality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Rumours Wyke is on close to 10k p/w. If so that's ludicrous for a player of his quality. Scored a fair few last season but didn't think much whenever I saw him. Chucking money at the league doesn't often work at this level. Hopefully England get the win tonight and a few will sign prior to the friendly against the scum Saturday. 
    For that money I’d want a player that I was confident could step up to the championship.

From what I’ve seen of Wyke he’s a good league one finisher at best.
    Isn't that what PNE fans said about Stockley 
  • shine166 said:

It is a good point and Cawley has said deals are being worked on. I do understand Golfie's point too. He isn't attacking Thomas, but waiting to see what happens to the recruitment before he is happy with it and he feels we should be further down the track than we are given what we were told. 

My view is, I am expecting good recruitment and I appreciate it might be difficult and delayed due to a variety of reasons, but I will judge it when I see it in its totality.
    Thank you & said it more eloquently than I ever could.

With that I'll leave it there & try not to comment further until we get news of some signings.
  • shine166 said:

Thank you & said it more eloquently than I ever could.

With that I'll leave it there & try not to comment further until we get news of some signings.

Is that a promise?
  • Fraser hasn't been announced by anyone yet , Piggott gone back to training with AFCW, it doesn't look like there is a huge amount of business being closed at the moment, apart from Wigan. To be fair they were starting from scratch again and had to sign a few reasonable players early to attract others in the same way that we landed Stockley. 

• shine166 said:

I am with you Muttley. I DO appreciate getting recruitment right and securing the right players in a competitive market is not easy. As supporters we owe a lot to TS and it's a real shame for him that the economic impacts of COVID have reduced club turnover when he wants to invest in the playing side of the club. So I will be patient and hope they can assemble a strong enough squad to have a good stab at promotion this season.

In saying that I don't see why a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to give Golfie such a hard time. He simply adopts the policy of saying "Show me" and that actions speak louder than words. I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate does it? 
    You could argue, that Golfie's expectations of Thomas are a compliment. Had Thomas came in and said, I can't promise great signings, but safety and stability so fans will still have a club to support in 5 years, I'm sure Golfie and others would be positive about that. But he has come in promising the Premier league in 5 years and blowing the league away this season and the compliment is believing him. When people promise, some take that and have expectations around it that disappoint if they don't come to pass. 

But we don't know they won't come to pass. I am still expecting them to. Only recruitment has been a bit slower than many of us expected. As I have said, most of us accept more players will come in, and Cawley has confirmed we are working on that, so we can judge that when in happens.

• I don't remember TS ever saying that we would have a squad capable of storming the Division assembled by 7th July. I do recall a previous CEO promising us a marquee signing that manifested itself 24 hours or so before the window closed and that was Omar Bogle - who delivered 2 goals in 17 appearances (funnily enough his record for Doncaster is identical).

So can we please judge this squad based on the signings to date such as Stockley (a massive improvement on Bogle) and those that are concluded between now and the beginning of the season. I reckon that we probably make something like 5 more permanent signings and probably 3 loan deals especially as I can see Adkins giving more opportunities to the likes of Demspsey, Vennings etc etc in the same way that he has done with youngsters at other clubs.

I'm confident that we will secure those signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not saying that this is necessarily the case but it follows that the better the players a club goes for, the longer those negotiations will take.
  • shine166 said:

In saying that I don't see why a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to give Golfie such a hard time. He simply adopts the policy of saying "Show me" and that actions speak louder than words. I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate does it? 
    Agree with that if he had posted it once or twice, but he's posted continuously, several times a day, for the past three weeks, moaning about the lack of signings.

To be honest, it's getting rather tiresome. 
  • edited July 2021
    I don't want to become the Golfie defence league, but I suspect he meant in terms of the quality of the squad at this stage, not that Thomas isn't a much better owner than Douchebag.
  • Leuth said:.
    ButtleJR said:
    Rumours Wyke is on close to 10k p/w. If so that's ludicrous for a player of his quality. Scored a fair few last season but didn't think much whenever I saw him. Chucking money at the league doesn't often work at this level. Hopefully England get the win tonight and a few will sign prior to the friendly against the scum Saturday. 
    Can we not do this sectarian bullshit in here please.
  • edited July 2021
    shine166 said:

But that's the exact opposite he is doing. He's set himself some unrealistic expectations based on TS's ambitious plans, and because those have not been met yet he's making sweeping judgments on how he feels things are going.

There is literally no waiting to see what happens going on. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ah I see what you’re doing there. I’m not clicking on it ! 
  • edited July 2021
    shine166 said:

I am with you Muttley. I DO appreciate getting recruitment right and securing the right players in a competitive market is not easy. As supporters we owe a lot to TS and it's a real shame for him that the economic impacts of COVID have reduced club turnover when he wants to invest in the playing side of the club. So I will be patient and hope they can assemble a strong enough squad to have a good stab at promotion this season.

That’s fine & dandy until he goes & says things like ‘I don’t see much difference between TS & Douchbag’.
    Then I just want to rip his head off & shit down his neck!

Sorry, but I’m a tad wound up today & he ain’t helping 😫😫😫😫
    Mods, can you please ask this poster to amend or delete this post.

It is very abusive & not in the spirit of this board.

Someone on here the other day mentioned the word "mental" and the thread went into overdrive calling him out on it.

I dont think wanting to rip my head off & shit down my neck is very pleasant.

I think I will take myself off here & wont add to this thread until posters can be civil to one another.

Oh please, what's the complaint here, you want to spout off without being called out?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!