Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Tom Ince? Really?! 

Moved the wages stuff here so as to declutter the rumours thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3032300#Comment_3032300
    So this gets moved to stop clogging up the thread but the XL’s and all the other bollocks on here stays … this place 🤣🤣🤣

Never mind the bollocks.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    236 posts since yesterday and not one rumour. Let's see if we can get to 1000 !!!
    Source? 

I've always wondered what he is tugging in his hand...
    Roland, presumably 
  • edited July 2021
    Morning Chaps....Any legit rumors today? And if not, massive panic attacks on a nuclear level? 

Either way...heres to hoping for some signings over the next couple of days and England to the reach the Euro final! 
  • Look at me being patient.
    Prediction based on current squad: - Heroic failure.
    We await further developments
  • Wigan have signed Wyke
  • PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Wyke
    They are going for it
  • Valley11 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Wyke
    They are going for it
    I think they're assembling a squad that will be around the playoffs at least. But the signings don't scream 'running away with the league.' They're getting them done early, which is obviously good for them. I think all things being equal, and presuming that the teams aiming for the top 2 positions end up bringing in players of comparable quality, it will come down to which manager can the best tune out of his squad (which sounds obvious.) Of course, like last year, you might get a contender or two that didn't make any particularly big-name signings, but were very well drilled, like Blackpool and Lincoln.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Wyke
    They are going for it
    I think they're assembling a squad that will be around the playoffs at least. But the signings don't scream 'running away with the league.' They're getting them done early, which is obviously good for them. I think all things being equal, and presuming that the teams aiming for the top 2 positions end up bringing in players of comparable quality, it will come down to which manager can the best tune out of his squad (which sounds obvious.) Of course, like last year, you might get a contender or two that didn't make any particularly big-name signings, but were very well drilled, like Blackpool and Lincoln.
    Yes, I don't think they've signed anyone I'd want us to bring in.
  • Valley11 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Wyke
    They are going for it
    Are they you saying Wyke a better signing then Stockley ?
  • Wigan are building a proper strong side. They’re gonna be top 6 minimum
  • edited July 2021
    Valley11 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Wyke
    They are going for it
    Funny, because almost everyone on here wanted Jordan Cousins back.

For the record I didnt.
  • Valley11 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Wyke
    They are going for it
    Nope. I’m saying they’re signing a lot of players, which is a big turnaround from the mess they were in last season.

Why are people so touchy on here? Laughable. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Wyke
    They are going for it
    Nope. I’m saying they’re signing a lot of players, which is a big turnaround from the mess they were in last season.

Why are people so touchy on here? Laughable. 
    Some people don't like to hear the truth.
  • Sponsored links:

Being good on paper doesnt mean you will be a good team.
  • No signings today then? What about any this week? 
  • Valley11 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Wyke
    They are going for it
    Funny, because almost everyone on here wanted Jordan Cousins back.

For the record I didnt.
    And in any case, we signed George Dobson instead.

They might be. 

Depends on how well the manager can knit the new team together after their massive clear out of players and incoming players.
    Even though they've now signed Wyke, you can bet they've not yet finished their squad rebuilding.

But just because they've already signed a shed load of incoming players is no guarantee of success either.

• Rothko said:
    Wigan finished 20th last season, they need to rebuild on a massive scale, and are just throwing money at a problem. 

We've recruited well so far, and will continue too. 
    Just googled them, owned by some guys from Bahrain. This was one of the comments when they took over........

"I selected Wigan Athletic because of its great history, wide fanbase and excellent infrastructure".

Did they mean to buy the rugby league team?

Surely any research would tell them that throwing money at a poorly supported club isn't going to work long term?
    Maybe they're just determined to get out of this poxy league as soon as possible, get into the Championship & see where they go from there. They may be paying over the top but sometimes that's what you have to do in the short term to get the players you want. Maybe they're going to blow through this league but just haven't told anyone yet. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Wigan are building a proper strong side. They’re gonna be top 6 minimum
    They might be. 

Depends on how well the manager can knit the new team together after their massive clear out of players and incoming players.
    Even though they've now signed Wyke, you can bet they've not yet finished their squad rebuilding.

But just because they've already signed a shed load of incoming players is no guarantee of success either.

You could say the exact same thing about us.....only we haven't really signed enough players to even be able to "knit" a team yet.

So, in those stakes, Wigan are ahead of us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!