Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Well this is all developing to form...
  • VFR4life said:
    Been informed by my pal that the team now will be travelling to the Celtic game Friday and not staying up there for a tour due to some covid issues, there won’t be any trialists and the squad is looking the same, was told a player failed a medical recently aswell
    Ah, at least the game is going ahead now, as I heard at one point the tour and game was cancelled!
  • Laddick01 said:
    not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    If anyone pays 10k a week for Wyke they should be questioning their recruitment policy. Wow.
    Ok he's not exactly Lewandowski but is he that bad for a league one side trying to build a squad?

15-16 season - 15 goals
    16-17 - 25 goals
    17-18 - 16 goals

Admittedly didn't play well for 2 years, but then got 31 goals last season and was their POTY.

Whilst i agree that 10k a week is ridiculous, he's not as bad as people might think.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    I find it odd that 3 players that HAD been linked that Cawley said we are not interested in, haven't signed for anyone yet? Tucker, Mullins and Pigott?  Did pigott come through our youth? Is he a Charlton fan?
    Pigott was allegedly a joke. 

Tucker and Mullins the poster seems insistent on. 

Blackpool through a link to Joe's brother has already stated that Joe and Cafc are history. 
    Tucker and Mullins remain rumours with no real substance.
    Spoke to his brother only a few days ago. 
    He ain't coming to Charlton. 

Dazzler does this make me in the know 

I'd say so Blackpool. And I'll have a treble too for confirming that I have been categorically informed by Messi's aunt, Ronaldo's gran and Mbappe's cousin three times removed that none of those are joining us either.
  • Laddick01 said:
    not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    If anyone pays 10k a week for Wyke they should be questioning their recruitment policy. Wow.
    Ok he's not exactly Lewandowski but is he that bad for a league one side trying to build a squad?

15-16 season - 15 goals
    16-17 - 25 goals
    17-18 - 16 goals

Admittedly didn't play well for 2 years, but then got 31 goals last season and was their POTY.

Whilst i agree that 10k a week is ridiculous, he's not as bad as people might think.
    I don’t think he’s a bad player at all. But 10k a week seems steep for this level. I guess that’s just where prices are right now.

• Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:

15-16 season - 15 goals
    16-17 - 25 goals
    17-18 - 16 goals

I don’t think he’s a bad player at all. But 10k a week seems steep for this level. I guess that’s just where prices are right now.

WHAT’S YOUR CAPTION?…
    And I've got all them Brits thinking I'm going to spend all this money & get them out if League 1.
  • Chris Maguire is having a medical at Lincoln. Didn't someone say he was having a trial with us? 
  • How do we get out of league one by luck?.
    I would say by getting more points than the team that finished 3rd. It’s just a guess though.
    You can say that again
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Chris Maguire is having a medical at Lincoln. Didn't someone say he was having a trial with us? 
    No, just that he'd been released and wondered if we were looking at him. Clearly that's a no as it turns out.

• WHAT’S YOUR CAPTION?…

Do you think Walking is Brilliant Thomas ?

Not on match days by our players Nigel !

• Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:

15-16 season - 15 goals
    16-17 - 25 goals
    17-18 - 16 goals

10k at this level is crazy.  No disrespect to any of the players, but I don’t think anyone down in league one should be getting more than 2/2.5k a week.  Certainly not after Covid 
  • AndyG said:
    What happened for Two for Tuesday ?
    Which Tuesday?

• edited July 2021
    Wigan putting the rates up in league 1 by going all out for an average player who had one good season. Would much rather Stockley, I can see it going wrong there if they don’t go up. 
  • Not convinced Covered_End_Lad has a clue to be honest. Doesn't say a word about who it is, then someone pipes up and yeh its him!
    Harsh wording!

I'm a bit surprised he moved so quickly from a stance of protecting a source to willingly opening up about the player's name after a stranger mentioned a name.
  • thenewbie said:
    sam3110 said:

The power of Henners

By the power of Greycardy!
    I know I’m a bit behind but did wonder where the photo of Skelemurr was

• Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:

15-16 season - 15 goals
    16-17 - 25 goals
    17-18 - 16 goals

10k at this level is crazy.  No disrespect to any of the players, but I don’t think anyone down in league one should be getting more than 2/2.5k a week.  Certainly not after Covid 
    If your looking at it from a cost/revenue point of view the players should actually pay the club to play.

But then you open up a whole can of worms about what's the actual point of any of it. 
  • Valley11 said:
    sam3110 said:

The power of Henners
    That is hilarious 
    Charlton Athletic are monitoring the transfer availability of Kylian Mbappé, who is understood to be unsettled at Paris Saint-Germain and open to a move to League One in England. It is understood that Charlton have already made initial contact with the French striker, and that Mbappé was impressed with what Addicks manager Nigel Adkins had to say to him about the club's long term ambitions, and the chance of winning the EFL Trophy this season. 

Charlton will face stiff competition though, as both Wigan Athletic and Sunderland are also interested in the PSG star, with Sunderland rumoured to have offered Charlie Wyke as part of their bid. Ipswich Town had been another club interested in Mbappé, but have now switched their attention to Raheem Sterling.
    Gordon Bennett, Ronnie got pelters for missing that penalty, Mbappe, no thanks!
    What position does Gordon Bennett play.
    Gord knows 
  • edited July 2021
    I get that some people want to make up rumours and pretend they are in the know. We all know who they are by now and I now skip their posts if I can knowing it’s a load of old bollocks. But come on, if you are going to make stuff up at least make it somewhat believable. I mean 9k a week for some average winger from Gillingham? Do you think we are all stupid?
  • edited July 2021

WHAT’S YOUR CAPTION?…
    So Nige, What happened with that guy Steve you saw on your walk last Saturday..
    Well, he was cheap, keen and ready to go, so he starts Saturday, great eh.
  • edited July 2021
  • How do we get out of league one by luck?.
    I would say by getting more points than the team that finished 3rd. It’s just a guess though.
    You can say that again
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!