Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Suddenly everyone and their Auntie knows the wages clubs are offering ?

Do you know the signing on fee as well ?

I know certain wages down the football pyramid where a top striker can receive 25% of the overall wages for a squad. Surprised when I first heard this then it was repeated at another club. This is part time football where the star striker may be content to be part time as he has tried full time but at 30ish is happy to be a big fish in a small pool as able to continue with another job as most have two evening training sessions, Tuesday and Thursday plus midweek and Saturday games.
  • How do we get out of league one by luck?.
  • I'm more than happy to go into the season with the squad we have now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger players step up in the next year. For me the most important thing is for the club to try and become as solvent as possible. I know it's pretty hard in League 1 to achieve but with a some creativity and thinking outside the box from a marketing strategy point of view I do believe the club and fanbase can make it happen. If I was being greedy I agree with thenewbie a centre back of Famewo standard will be an added bonus. We will be in and amongst the promotion shake up of this I have no doubt.

Jesus I hope not, we're still about 8-9 short (minimum). The squad wasn't good enough last year for promotion and as things stand we're significantly weaker. 

For me we still need:

GK (If AMB is loaned out)
    RB (If Matthews goes)
    CB x 2
    LB
    CM x 2
    Winger x 2
    Striker
    This in spades & glad its not just me.

I know I may came across as a negative Nancy & always moaning, but please just take a minute & look at where we are currently, where we need to be to be better than last season & ask yourself.....are you happy.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Thing is we all know we need more players and we've all known that since the season ended.  And the closer to the season start the greater that need becomes. We all realise that.

But you've been moaning about it all summer, in fact every summer. And every January. And every month in-between.  You never stop moaning.  Even when we do sign a player you moan that is the wrong player or in the wrong position or that it's only one player.  If we signed 10 players today you'd probably still find something to moan about ("no time to gel/why did we wait so long?/It's Tuesday and so they missed training on Monday")

So when you actually make a valid point, such as we need more players which 100% of posters agree with, it just gets lost in the sea of moaning.
    I stopped reading his posts some time back because of his ‘contrived’ OTT negativity.
    He’s simply an attention seeker?
    I assure you I'm not. I just say what I feel and am nobody's yesman.  I'll be happy to eat humble pie if we sign another half a dozen decent players who are going to make us better & give us a fighting chance of getting out of this division. 
  • Good that we aren't signing players who are crocked hey!
  • edited July 2021
    Suddenly everyone and their Auntie knows the wages clubs are offering ?

I know certain wages down the football pyramid where a top striker can receive 25% of the overall wages for a squad. Surprised when I first heard this then it was repeated at another club. This is part time football where the star striker may be content to be part time as he has tried full time but at 30ish is happy to be a big fish in a small pool as able to continue with another job as most have two evening training sessions, Tuesday and Thursday plus midweek and Saturday games.
    I made all my numbers up TBH. That’s what happens on here isn’t it? Just make any old bollocks up and post it. If you guess right you go on Dazzlers list and win nothing, and if you get it wrong, you go on dazzlers list and win nothing. 

One thing I do know is that Colin’s numbers are definitely wrong. 
  • thenewbie said:

This thread in pictorial form.
    Terribly sorry, but that’s not a set of Penrose steps. The step nearest to us is clearly the highest step. 😎

This is maybe what you were after:

Came to post similar. This gets a green. 
  • edited July 2021
    Rudders22 said:
    I find it odd that 3 players that HAD been linked that Cawley said we are not interested in, haven't signed for anyone yet? Tucker, Mullins and Pigott?  Did pigott come through our youth? Is he a Charlton fan?
    Pigott was allegedly a joke. 

Tucker and Mullins the poster seems insistent on. 
    Why luck? We all saw a team bereft of confidence last season, despite putting together a decent run. Bowyer blamed the players, yet it was his job to manage them. Some of those same players have gone up a level this summer. 

Under Adkins, I've not seen any miracles yet, but he had time to assess his needs and this season he will give it a good crack. He has a good management record at this and championship level. 

I think playoffs should be a bare minimum in the WORST case scenario. Ideally it should be autos, but so long as we go up, I don't care. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    @Stefco
    that Mr Golf post rates as one of the most impressively ingenious posts ive ever read on here!
    Deserves a promote!
    Depends if you're the one being abused or not I suppose.
    Where was the abuse?
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    @Stefco
    that Mr Golf post rates as one of the most impressively ingenious posts ive ever read on here!
    Deserves a promote!

We all love you really mate. 
    This thread would be worse off without you that's for sure. 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    @Stefco
    Deserves a promote!

if i were you i would take it as a compliment. there's an old saying for this but can't for the life of me remember it
  • not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    Seems a lot but if they offered him £10K a week for 2 years thats a 1 million pound investment. We paid c.£500K for Stockely and have given him a 3 year deal on c.6K a week which equals an investment of c.1.4m.
    Plus we offered Graham 9k a week but he got over double that at Birmingham 
    You've got to be on a wind up... surely
  • VFR4life said:
    Can now confirm it was Solomon otabor, been told it was a problem with the knee which he played on after a limited amount of rehab
    Very interesting, he is the player I was told signed on Thursday. Would make sense why there has been a delay, potentially we are now renegotiating a lower deal off the back of the medical. I’ll try to find out more.
    That would be a shame, in my opinion. 

Absolutely bang average League One winger, who’s now carrying a knee problem. I suppose there’s not much risk as he’s a free, but you’d hope he’s not the one we’re going to rely on week in week out. 
  • Suddenly everyone and their Auntie knows the wages clubs are offering ?

I made all my numbers up TBH. That’s what happens on here isn’t it? Just make any old bollocks up and post it. If you guess right you go on Dazzlers list and win nothing, and if you get it wrong, you go on dazzlers list and win nothing. 

One thing I do know is that Colin’s numbers are definitely wrong. 

I'm normally too busy laughing at your posts Ricky, but I meant Ronnie Moore and Covered end lad, who TBF may have a hot line to Agents, Players, accountants, club officials or just repeat what they hear on social media. That the beauty of the rumours page. Smoke and mirrors, big whoppers and folk craving to be the first to break a transfer.

What's not to like.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    I find it odd that 3 players that HAD been linked that Cawley said we are not interested in, haven't signed for anyone yet? Tucker, Mullins and Pigott?  Did pigott come through our youth? Is he a Charlton fan?
    Pigott was allegedly a joke. 

Tucker and Mullins the poster seems insistent on. 

Blackpool through a link to Joe's brother has already stated that Joe and Cafc are history. 
    Tucker and Mullins remain rumours with no real substance.
  • Interesting that we had Solomon-Otobor in for a medical. I’m sure he was one that Cawley said wasn’t on our list?
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:

This thread in pictorial form.
    Terribly sorry, but that’s not a set of Penrose steps. The step nearest to us is clearly the highest step. 😎

This is maybe what you were after:

I stand corrected and will duly go to the naughty corner once I can find it.
    Just keep walking up. You’ll get to the naughty step eventually…
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    Why is it every player that signs for someone else, we’ve suddenly missed out on and it’s a disaster?😂, I think patience is the the word needed. Thomas hasn’t done anything wrong to make us mistrust his methods.He wants out of this shit league as much as us!!. Let’s keep the powder dry!!.
    Thomas hasn't done anything wrong? Schwartz?
    Bloody hell mate!!! Tough crowd!!😂

• Good to know we managed to nick him off Sunderland though, even if it doesn't fully go through.
    I would say by getting more points than the team that finished 3rd. It’s just a guess though.
    I would say by getting more points than the team that finished 3rd. It’s just a guess though.
  • not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    Seems a lot but if they offered him £10K a week for 2 years thats a 1 million pound investment. We paid c.£500K for Stockely and have given him a 3 year deal on c.6K a week which equals an investment of c.1.4m.
    2 things - do you genuinely believe that we would offer a player 9k a week? And do you genuinely believe Graham is on 18k a week at Birmingham? 

Leko is on a reported £7k a week and he signed from a (then) premier league club. No way has Graham has left a middle of the table league 1 club and got a deal that is 11k a week more than him. Also, Graham was on just over £2k a week at Gillingham - so he goes from £8k a month to £72k a month…. Ok. 
    Championship wages seem to have increased a lot in the last few years 
  • RedRobin said:
    Interesting that we had Solomon-Otobor in for a medical. I’m sure he was one that Cawley said wasn’t on our list?

Here's Rich's tweet which was very coy, didn't outright deny it just said we weren't close
  • doronron said:
    not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    2 things - do you genuinely believe that we would offer a player 9k a week? And do you genuinely believe Graham is on 18k a week at Birmingham? 

Leko is on a reported £7k a week and he signed from a (then) premier league club. No way has Graham has left a middle of the table league 1 club and got a deal that is 11k a week more than him. Also, Graham was on just over £2k a week at Gillingham - so he goes from £8k a month to £72k a month…. Ok. 
    Championship wages seem to have increased a lot in the last few years 
    Absolutely - but £18k for Jordan Graham is ridiculous 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!