Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021
  • Here we go again
  • Another day refreshing Charlton life and Twitter it is then 
  • What happened for Two for Tuesday ?
  • thenewbie said:

This thread in pictorial form.
    Is that a hint that Escher is signing for us?

Getting on a bit but sure he could do it a league 1 level (pun intended)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luiz_Jeferson_Escher

• will there come a time when fans forums die out purely for the deja vu factor? what will replace them? should posters honourably retire after say 10 / 15 years so others can start the same threads but not bore everybody? should this post be on this thread? probably not 
  • shall i say something controversial just to liven things up? probably not 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm more than happy to go into the season with the squad we have now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger players step up in the next year. For me the most important thing is for the club to try and become as solvent as possible. I know it's pretty hard in League 1 to achieve but with a some creativity and thinking outside the box from a marketing strategy point of view I do believe the club and fanbase can make it happen. If I was being greedy I agree with thenewbie a centre back of Famewo standard will be an added bonus. We will be in and amongst the promotion shake up of this I have no doubt.

Jesus I hope not, we're still about 8-9 short (minimum). The squad wasn't good enough last year for promotion and as things stand we're significantly weaker. 

For me we still need:

GK (If AMB is loaned out)
    RB (If Matthews goes)
    CB x 2
    LB
    CM x 2
    Winger x 2
    Striker
    This in spades & glad its not just me.

I know I may came across as a negative Nancy & always moaning, but please just take a minute & look at where we are currently, where we need to be to be better than last season & ask yourself.....are you happy.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Thing is we all know we need more players and we've all known that since the season ended.  And the closer to the season start the greater that need becomes. We all realise that.

But you've been moaning about it all summer, in fact every summer. And every January. And every month in-between.  You never stop moaning.  Even when we do sign a player you moan that is the wrong player or in the wrong position or that it's only one player.  If we signed 10 players today you'd probably still find something to moan about ("no time to gel/why did we wait so long?/It's Tuesday and so they missed training on Monday")

So when you actually make a valid point, such as we need more players which 100% of posters agree with, it just gets lost in the sea of moaning.
    Yeah, but you’d miss him if he stopped posting. Or even worse, changed to being Positive Golfie. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Would anybody like me to rap? Lighten the mood a little bit 
    No!!

do you requests for opera?
  • Dizzle said:
    Got some presents if you want to rap those for me?
  • edited July 2021
    Chunes said:
    FFS, our prospects are a lot bloody brighter this summer than if TS hadn't taken over. 

The lack of perspective is unreal! Bunch of entitled whiners
    I totaly agree & for the record I dont lack perspective. However, it might have been better all round if TS hadn't have said all the things he has (around Premier League ambitions & getting out if this division) as its given some people false hope. I, for one, am not expecting anything different this season than what we saw last season. 

We’re all grown-ups, and when a new owner comes in and expresses ambitions that might be a tad unrealistic we can surely just give a wry smile and say ‘we should be so lucky’ rather than taking his words as a cast iron promise. 
    If we’re not playing European Football in ten years I for one will just be happy to still be alive 🙂

Lucas Ness was announced yesterday Henners. 
  • I'm more than happy to go into the season with the squad we have now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger players step up in the next year. For me the most important thing is for the club to try and become as solvent as possible. I know it's pretty hard in League 1 to achieve but with a some creativity and thinking outside the box from a marketing strategy point of view I do believe the club and fanbase can make it happen. If I was being greedy I agree with thenewbie a centre back of Famewo standard will be an added bonus. We will be in and amongst the promotion shake up of this I have no doubt.

Jesus I hope not, we're still about 8-9 short (minimum). The squad wasn't good enough last year for promotion and as things stand we're significantly weaker. 

For me we still need:

RB (If Matthews goes)
    CB x 2
    LB
    CM x 2
    Winger x 2
    Striker

I know I may came across as a negative Nancy & always moaning, but please just take a minute & look at where we are currently, where we need to be to be better than last season & ask yourself.....are you happy.

Thing is we all know we need more players and we've all known that since the season ended.  And the closer to the season start the greater that need becomes. We all realise that.

But you've been moaning about it all summer, in fact every summer. And every January. And every month in-between.  You never stop moaning.  Even when we do sign a player you moan that is the wrong player or in the wrong position or that it's only one player.  If we signed 10 players today you'd probably still find something to moan about ("no time to gel/why did we wait so long?/It's Tuesday and so they missed training on Monday")

So when you actually make a valid point, such as we need more players which 100% of posters agree with, it just gets lost in the sea of moaning.
    I stopped reading his posts some time back because of his ‘contrived’ OTT negativity.
    He’s simply an attention seeker?
  • thenewbie said:

This thread in pictorial form.
    Terribly sorry, but that’s not a set of Penrose steps. The step nearest to us is clearly the highest step. 😎

This is maybe what you were after:

I stand corrected and will duly go to the naughty corner once I can find it.
  • not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
  • DOUCHER said:
    shall i say something controversial just to liven things up? probably not 
    Oh go on then….
  • Dizzle said:
    Moonwalk?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    I'm more than happy to go into the season with the squad we have now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger players step up in the next year. For me the most important thing is for the club to try and become as solvent as possible. I know it's pretty hard in League 1 to achieve but with a some creativity and thinking outside the box from a marketing strategy point of view I do believe the club and fanbase can make it happen. If I was being greedy I agree with thenewbie a centre back of Famewo standard will be an added bonus. We will be in and amongst the promotion shake up of this I have no doubt.

For me we still need:

RB (If Matthews goes)
    CB x 2
    LB
    CM x 2
    Winger x 2
    Striker

Yeah, but you’d miss him if he stopped posting. Or even worse, changed to being Positive Golfie. 
    Speak for yourself JS.🤨
  • not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    Seems a lot but if they offered him £10K a week for 2 years thats a 1 million pound investment. We paid c.£500K for Stockely and have given him a 3 year deal on c.6K a week which equals an investment of c.1.4m.
  • JamesSeed said:
    I'm more than happy to go into the season with the squad we have now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger players step up in the next year. For me the most important thing is for the club to try and become as solvent as possible. I know it's pretty hard in League 1 to achieve but with a some creativity and thinking outside the box from a marketing strategy point of view I do believe the club and fanbase can make it happen. If I was being greedy I agree with thenewbie a centre back of Famewo standard will be an added bonus. We will be in and amongst the promotion shake up of this I have no doubt.

For me we still need:

RB (If Matthews goes)
    CB x 2
    LB
    CM x 2
    Winger x 2
    Striker

Speak for yourself JS.🤨
    If I was here every day it might get on my …. a bit more I guess
    Seems a lot but if they offered him £10K a week for 2 years thats a 1 million pound investment. We paid c.£500K for Stockely and have given him a 3 year deal on c.6K a week which equals an investment of c.1.4m.
    Damn. You’ve let the facts spoil a good story CEL…
    If anyone pays 10k a week for Wyke they should be questioning their recruitment policy. Wow.
    Makes what Ipswich offered Rhodes look even more incredible.  Wyke is a very poor footballer, you must be able to get someone better than that for 10k a week. 
  • Starting to really show how shallow our ‘playable’ squad is! 

Obviously hope we have AT LEAST 2 in within the next week, but time is slipping away…

get the impression a lot of the transfers will happen once a few ‘make the first move’ In move players on etc
  • Valley11 said:
    sam3110 said:

The power of Henners
    That is hilarious 
    Charlton Athletic are monitoring the transfer availability of Kylian Mbappé, who is understood to be unsettled at Paris Saint-Germain and open to a move to League One in England. It is understood that Charlton have already made initial contact with the French striker, and that Mbappé was impressed with what Addicks manager Nigel Adkins had to say to him about the club's long term ambitions, and the chance of winning the EFL Trophy this season. 

Charlton will face stiff competition though, as both Wigan Athletic and Sunderland are also interested in the PSG star, with Sunderland rumoured to have offered Charlie Wyke as part of their bid. Ipswich Town had been another club interested in Mbappé, but have now switched their attention to Raheem Sterling.
    Gordon Bennett, Ronnie got pelters for missing that penalty, Mbappe, no thanks!
    What position does Gordon Bennett play.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!