Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I could post one of my abbreviated tomes - bugger all to do with rumours though
    Matches 99.9% of all the other posts on this thread then.
  • I could post one of my abbreviated tomes - bugger all to do with rumours though
    Well you'd be in the right place then as there's no rumours hete
  • AndyG said:
    What happened for Two for Tuesday ?
    It's changed to Four for Fursday 
  • AndyG said:
    It would be much better if we had a "Friday 5". Long time since we had one of those

• Wigan want Wyke 
    Sheff Wed just lost £24m.
  • not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    Seems a lot but if they offered him £10K a week for 2 years thats a 1 million pound investment. We paid c.£500K for Stockely and have given him a 3 year deal on c.6K a week which equals an investment of c.1.4m.
    Fair way of looking at it, spending £10k/wk on a player in the third division just seems ludicrous to me. Have we had anyone near earning that?
  • not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    Seems a lot but if they offered him £10K a week for 2 years thats a 1 million pound investment. We paid c.£500K for Stockely and have given him a 3 year deal on c.6K a week which equals an investment of c.1.4m.
    Fair way of looking at it, spending £10k/wk on a player in the third division just seems ludicrous to me. Have we had anyone near earning that?
    Tex was on more wasn't he?  Nabby and BFG? Igor?

I wonder how much Semedo was actually on.   Not sure who else we had in that relegation team that could have been on good money?  Burton and Bailey maybe? 
  • AndyG said:
    It would be much better if we had a "Friday 5". Long time since we had one of those

Saturday six?

Sunday seven?

Monday moan?
  • AndyG said:

Saturday six?

Sunday seven?

Monday moan?
    I am still waiting for meltdown Monday that was promised about 2 years ago. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s very quiet tbf. Thought we’d have had some news of more new arrivals by now, since Dobson. 
    This is based on no insider knowledge nor any inner workings of the transfer industry. Before anyone leaps on it. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    If anyone pays 10k a week for Wyke they should be questioning their recruitment policy. Wow.

Charlie Wyke was a big reason we beat Sunderland as he was so mediocre at Wembley, as opposed to Josh Maja who left after 24 games and 15 goals to go to Bordeaux that season.

Yet last season Wyke scored  25 in 43 matches as opposed to:
    2018/19 =4 in 24
    2019/20= 5 in 27

Charlie Wyke is moving on from Sunderland for a bigger wage despite only having one good season in the last 3 because it's the improved player that clubs want.

At 28 he have a chance of a big upgrade on wages if not statue of club.
    Plus we offered Graham 9k a week but he got over double that at Birmingham 
  • VFR4life said:
    Can now confirm it was Solomon otabor, been told it was a problem with the knee which he played on after a limited amount of rehab
    Do you know if that is the signing off then ? As im sure someone else mentioned the player / medical was being investigated more since the fail?
    Plus we offered Graham 9k a week but he got over double that at Birmingham 
    You been on the sauce? You do realise the England game is tomorrow right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    Would anybody like me to rap? Lighten the mood a little bit 
    a ha!!!  that gives you away together with your moniker.  Who knew Dizzy Rascal was an Addick?
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Dizzle said:
    Would anybody like me to rap? Lighten the mood a little bit 
    a ha!!!  that gives you away together with your moniker.  Who knew Dizzy Rascal was an Addick?
    Must be bonkers to support CAFC.....
  • VFR4life said:
    VFR4life said:
    Can now confirm it was Solomon otabor, been told it was a problem with the knee which he played on after a limited amount of rehab
    Do you know if that is the signing off then ? As im sure someone else mentioned the player / medical was being investigated more since the fail?
    I’m not sure mate, my source won’t know that much in depth…
    Ok mate thanks for sharing anyway
  • VFR4life said:
    VFR4life said:
    I’m not sure mate, my source won’t know that much in depth…
    Heard of anymore incomings?
  • I find it odd that 3 players that HAD been linked that Cawley said we are not interested in, haven't signed for anyone yet? Tucker, Mullins and Pigott?  Did pigott come through our youth? Is he a Charlton fan?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!