Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cheers, didn’t think so. 
  • I don't think we'll be reckless on the signings or wages front. There's obviously money there for the right players as evidenced by Stockley but there's also going to be a lot of free agents around judging by the amount of players released from the Championship. 
  • Jacob Roddy has signed with U18s from Bradfield College after being released by Southampton two years ago.

No idea if he’s a relation to Ged… I would guess so?
    I assume that is the same Bradfield college that financially supported Bradfield boys club in Peckham.
  • Was told last night by a friend of JFC that he had substantial Championship interest before injury. 

Also told that the contract offer is 12 months but there is haggling over an option for a further 12 months.

Club not keen to be used to get fit for 12 months and for him to leave, JFC not sure 2 years at same wage is a good deal so looking for the 2nd year option to have an increase in salary if key conditions met.

Seen as a bit of a gamble by both parties but expectation is it will be sorted.
     You're green... Addicks59 enters the red for a second time. 

• Scoham said:
    Agree with the sentiment, but I'd say we're missing a new solid CB to have a proper 'spine', without that I think we've got a slipped disc!
  • Laddick01 said:
    Wonder what time Cawley will tweet telling us to expect nothing today. I’m going for 11:44.
    10:36
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Agree with the sentiment, but I'd say we're missing a new solid CB to have a proper 'spine', without that I think we've got a slipped disc!
    At LEAST one. Honestly I'd like to see two, perhaps one a loanee a la Famewo of necessary. Currently I believe we are one injury to Inniss away from having to recreate the legendary Pearce/Gunter CB pairing as not only first choice, but only choice... McGillivray may very well be an excellent keeper but that's asking a lot of him.
  • The best rumour overnight is that capacity crowds return from 19th July, great news for the club and might help the recruitment process 
  • barstool said:
    The best rumour overnight is that capacity crowds return from 19th July, great news for the club and might help the recruitment process 
    Do you think we only had 12 players so they could keep to two groups of 6?
  • sam3110 said:

The power of Henners
    That is hilarious 
  • @Dazzler21 - can you add the "Paul Mullin signed on Saturday" rumour to the table?
    I'd be very disappointed if @Addicks59 didn't get credit for it.
    Updated
  • To be honest I’m not bothered what other teams have or have not done. I am though concerned at what we have done so far. Maybe naively I was expecting more. I wasn’t expecting us to go around throwing money at it here, there and everywhere and spending millions but I was expecting us to assemble a more than capable squad, a squad that I could look at and say ‘yes, we can definitely finish top two’. I know it’s early days and I know they are working hard to achieve this but by this stage I expected more. My expectations have been fuelled by comments such as ‘that will be us next year’, ‘I want the majority of the squad assembled by pre season training’ and ‘we are going to blow through this league’. I don’t think it’s bedwetting to be concerned and neither do I think we will start the season with the current squad but I can’t believe there are many out there that are not disappointed with where we stand at the moment.
    Its still  early days- but I agree expectations are high ,raised by these NA/TS comments and fans own aspirations

• Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    Wonder what time Cawley will tweet telling us to expect nothing today. I’m going for 11:44.
    I think he basically did it with that piece in news online. Nothing new in that & although dated today was talking about last week. When journos have nothing new to say they like to rehash old news. Either to please their editors or to keep themselves noticed.....or both.
  • edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    I reckon that article was written a week ago, before Dobson was signed.

Cawley has been saving that for a slow news day. You've been warned! :wink:

Edit: sorry, Golfie. I now see you had beaten me to it. I hadn't seen your post before writing.

• edited July 2021
    I'm more than happy to go into the season with the squad we have now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger players step up in the next year. For me the most important thing is for the club to try and become as solvent as possible. I know it's pretty hard in League 1 to achieve but with a some creativity and thinking outside the box from a marketing strategy point of view I do believe the club and fanbase can make it happen. If I was being greedy I agree with thenewbie a centre back of Famewo standard will be an added bonus. We will be in and amongst the promotion shake up of this I have no doubt.

Jesus I hope not, we're still about 8-9 short (minimum). The squad wasn't good enough last year for promotion and as things stand we're significantly weaker. 

For me we still need:

GK (If AMB is loaned out)
    RB (If Matthews goes)
    CB x 2
    LB
    CM x 2
    Winger x 2
    Striker
    Your spot on but the urgency is the CB, CM and Winger.  Assuming we are going to play 433 or some version of.  Get those 3 "in the building" and a lot of minds will be put at rest.

Charlton can not be solvent, by any messure, in league 1.  Unless we sell North of 5 million quids worth of players.  I don't think we could sell the whole squad for anywhere near that...... 
  • edited July 2021
    barstool said:
    The best rumour overnight is that capacity crowds return from 19th July, great news for the club and might help the recruitment process 
    How will it do that ? Or do we recruit  supporters as well. 
    Matchday revenue for the spreadsheets 
  • I'm more than happy to go into the season with the squad we have now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger players step up in the next year. For me the most important thing is for the club to try and become as solvent as possible. I know it's pretty hard in League 1 to achieve but with a some creativity and thinking outside the box from a marketing strategy point of view I do believe the club and fanbase can make it happen. If I was being greedy I agree with thenewbie a centre back of Famewo standard will be an added bonus. We will be in and amongst the promotion shake up of this I have no doubt.

Jesus I hope not, we're still about 8-9 short (minimum). The squad wasn't good enough last year for promotion and as things stand we're significantly weaker. 

For me we still need:

GK (If AMB is loaned out)
    RB (If Matthews goes)
    CB x 2
    LB
    CM x 2
    Winger x 2
    Striker
    This in spades & glad its not just me.

I know I may came across as a negative Nancy & always moaning, but please just take a minute & look at where we are currently, where we need to be to be better than last season & ask yourself.....are you happy.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!