Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    CAFC net transfer spend since TS' arrival..... -£1.833M
    Days since last incoming where £1 (or more) was spent on a player..... 319

We bought Stockley didn't we? Had 12 months left on his PNE contract.

Also Jaiyesimi in January.

Also what about sign on fees?

What is it with people making this shite up.

Just quoting the Charlton summary on Transfermarkt.
  • Don't forget Ronnie the rocket, the minister of not getting a game. He wasn't free either.

But apart from him, DJ and Stockley will still haven't bought anyone...... 
  • We paid a fee for Stockley 
  • edited July 2021
    Cut Napa some slack he’s probably still hung over from American Independence Day celebrations 🍔🍗🍻🍻🍻🎉😉.
  • edited July 2021
    So we’re certain that we paid a fee for Stockley then 😉.
  • Crispy said:
     I think we will sign Ryan Viggars from Sheffield United. 
    JFK has signed as well
    Who’s next? Lee Harvey Oswald?
    John Wilkes Booth, cousin of Andy Booth
  • RedChaser said:
    So we’re certain that we paid a fee for Stockley then 😉.
    Just a rumour at this stage
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021

• CAFC net transfer spend since TS' arrival..... -£1.833M
    Days since last incoming where £1 (or more) was spent on a player..... 319

We spent 450,000 on Stockley recently.. plus around 700,000 for Schwartz and DJ in Jan 
  • RedRobin said:
    Sheffield Wednesday fans seem to think they are getting Kwado Baah on loan from Watford, defo a player we should be looking at getting in on loan. 
    Think this is a example of signing someone based on one game. Looks a prospect but how well did he do all season? He would be a huge risk. 
  • Congrats Dylan....we like a good Irish player in the squad!

• RedRobin said:
    Sheffield Wednesday fans seem to think they are getting Kwado Baah on loan from Watford, defo a player we should be looking at getting in on loan. 
    Think this is a example of signing someone based on one game. Looks a prospect but how well did he do all season? He would be a huge risk. 
    That’s true but you have to factor in he was playing in an awful team so he was targeted every game. In a better team he’ll have a lot more joy - he’s certainly talented. 
  • RedRobin said:
    That’s true but you have to factor in he was playing in an awful team so he was targeted every game. In a better team he’ll have a lot more joy - he’s certainly talented. 
    Possibly, I dont know as I didnt see enough of him. I do believe his best game was gainst us at the Valley so is misleading. Definitely agree he is talented and would love to have signed him permanently, but not sure hes the right signing on loan. A gamble either way and you couldnt have confidence he would be a success. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I cannot fathom why there are people who post on here, who talk total bollocks and all they want to do is make others miserable with their nonsense.
    More to be pitied than scolded, I suppose.
  • Major said:
    I cannot fathom why there are people who post on here, who talk total bollocks and all they want to do is make others miserable with their nonsense.
    More to be pitied than scolded, I suppose.

Good morning Major.
  • Is today the day for signings??

Who bloody knows!!
  • RedRobin said:
    It would be an example of signing someone based on we game if "we" signed him.  By we I mean fans, who had probably never heard of him before that game. 

I would like to think our recruitment team might do a little more due diligence? 

I see he has been recently capped by England U18s as well? 
  • @Covered_End_Lad was JFC, Viggers or Gavin one of the ones you said signed last week, or is that still yet to be released? Cheers mate 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Portsmouth CEO pinpoints Charlton,Sunderland, Ipswich and Wigan spending 'huge money' in bid for League One promotion
    Charlton dont get a mention in the original article.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-ceo-pinpoints-sunderland-ipswich-and-wigan-spending-huge-money-in-bid-for-league-one-promotion-3296219
    Exactly, we’re being like Portsmouth, and being responsible and grown up
  • Yep we need to show ambition, but also need a sustainable business model.

I hope their can be 1 or 2 youth players during preseason, who can show to Nigel they are good enough to step up to the first team.

The club needs a complete rebuild, it’s been run into the ground.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!