Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• One or two more announcements tonight I reckon 
    Getting a bit late.. 
  •  I think we will sign Ryan Viggars from Sheffield United. 
    JFK has signed as well
    Who’s next? Lee Harvey Oswald?
  • Oggy Red said:
    redbuttle said:
    AndyG said:
    If there are no signings announced this week is it officially allowed to start panicking? 😳
    No...
    No season don’t start Saturday and window don’t shut Friday 
    You're right it doesn't. But if you are wanting to get out of this division a good start is preferable. That means having the bulk of the squad fit & ready by Aug 6th as well as having them all knowing how they are supposed to set up & how the manager wants them to play. 

On the other hand, if you are happy to just jog along as you are & bring players in on deadline day then crack on. 

I know which camp I'd rather be in. 
    Golfie, do you live under a rock?

It's not the way it works. You've been around long enough to know that clubs like ours have to wait until the big boys name their squads and players are made available for loan. And we will wait, hoping that we can pick up quality young loan players before the window shuts . 

It's what we and other clubs like us have done for several years now. 
    This season no doubt won't be any different.

Oh come on you remember Cullan, Beilik, Ward and Steer playing at Sunderland don't you, don't you? 
  • I see Chris Maguire has announced his departure from Sunderland. Wasn't he rumoured last week? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    redbuttle said:
    AndyG said:
    If there are no signings announced this week is it officially allowed to start panicking? 😳
    No...
    You're right it doesn't. But if you are wanting to get out of this division a good start is preferable. That means having the bulk of the squad fit & ready by Aug 6th as well as having them all knowing how they are supposed to set up & how the manager wants them to play. 

On the other hand, if you are happy to just jog along as you are & bring players in on deadline day then crack on. 

It's not the way it works. You've been around long enough to know that clubs like ours have to wait until the big boys name their squads and players are made available for loan. And we will wait, hoping that we can pick up quality young loan players before the window shuts . 

I'm not talking about loans. I know 3 or 4 will come in towards the end of August. But that is 6 weeks away & 4 games into the new season.

We lost around a dozen players in June. As at the start of pre-season training we had just 12 first team players.

TWELVE.

I don't really care if you think the current situation is just peachy. I don't. And unless something seriously changes & we unveil 3 or 4 top signings in the next 2 weeks then I say here & now that we will be just like last season - huff & puff to stay in touch with the top 6 & fall at the last hurdle.

I don't necessarily disagree with you in terms of needing to get bodies in, but looking at league transfers and squad players, which six teams do you think will beat us to those places? I haven't been overly in-tune with transfers but it's my understanding the likes of Sunderland, Pompey & Wednesday were all facing similar problems.
  • Jacob Roddy has signed with U18s from Bradfield College after being released by Southampton two years ago.

No idea if he’s a relation to Ged… I would guess so?
  • I think recruitment has been a lot lot harder than we thought it was going to be. Still think we’ll be ok but no joke intended here but the next two weeks are actually crucial.
  • Jacob Roddy has signed with U18s from Bradfield College after being released by Southampton two years ago.

Either way they probably first met at Reading?
  • Vfrf said:
    Oggy Red said:
    redbuttle said:
    AndyG said:
    No...

I'm not talking about loans. I know 3 or 4 will come in towards the end of August. But that is 6 weeks away & 4 games into the new season.

We lost around a dozen players in June. As at the start of pre-season training we had just 12 first team players.

TWELVE.

I don't really care if you think the current situation is just peachy. I don't. And unless something seriously changes & we unveil 3 or 4 top signings in the next 2 weeks then I say here & now that we will be just like last season - huff & puff to stay in touch with the top 6 & fall at the last hurdle.

I don't necessarily disagree with you in terms of needing to get bodies in, but looking at league transfers and squad players, which six teams do you think will beat us to those places? I haven't been overly in-tune with transfers but it's my understanding the likes of Sunderland, Pompey & Wednesday were all facing similar problems.
    No idea......but did you think Lincoln were going to be top 6 last season  ?

Cheer Colin :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFC net transfer spend since TS' arrival..... -£1.833M
    Days since last incoming where £1 (or more) was spent on a player..... 319

I think you'll find we paid money for Stockley.
  • CAFC net transfer spend since TS' arrival..... -£1.833M

We paid less than a quid for Stockley?  Arise Sir Steve! 
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFC net transfer spend since TS' arrival..... -£1.833M

We bought Stockley didn't we? Had 12 months left on his PNE contract.
    No fee was disclosed but you are probably right on that!

Edit... you are. We paid £375k according to online reports. Thanks!

• What about Stockley paid a fee there
  • Laddick01 said:
    I don’t know why we’d need to be concerned. I fully believe TS wants the best for this club. We will be fine.

Not a pessimist but I think I’ll resist using that phrase for a little bit longer.
  • even so - saturday could be a right drubbing 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!