Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• JFC good boy you know it makes sense. 👍
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Thomas likes most posts he's tagged in!
    I know but still good to get a little excited sometimes
  • One or two more announcements tonight I reckon 
    I'd say 3 or 4 at the very least!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JFC confirmed 1 year plus an option 
    Can I be the first to say that I'm not whelmed, or even underwhelmed.....just lire like "yeah, whatever...." Lets all try worked up about a player who is crocked until xmas, will likely play a few games come February, just in time to get himself fit again for when he joins a new club next June. 

Hope it's ok not to get too worked up about this announcement. 

Oh, and just to add. If we HAD signed someone late last week were waiting to announce it then surely today, when all we had to announce was that an injured player had re-signed for us because NO-ONE FUCKING ELSE WILL SIGN HIM AS HE CANT PASS A MEDICAL, would have been a good day to release some better news.

I thank you. 
    Never change Golfie, never change. 
  • Sponsored links:

• can't see us giving celtic much of a game saturday at this rate 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Can I be the first to say that I'm not whelmed, or even underwhelmed.....just lire like "yeah, whatever...." Lets all try worked up about a player who is crocked until xmas, will likely play a few games come February, just in time to get himself fit again for when he joins a new club next June. 

Oh, and just to add. If we HAD signed someone late last week were waiting to announce it then surely today, when all we had to announce was that an injured player had re-signed for us because NO-ONE FUCKING ELSE WILL SIGN HIM AS HE CANT PASS A MEDICAL, would have been a good day to release some better news.

I thank you. 
    100% spot on mate. 
    Now wait for the usual bollox in response 
  • Yeah not really bothered either way about JFC, be nice to see a few before Saturday, expect one maybe two.
  • DOUCHER said:
    can't see us giving celtic much of a game saturday at this rate 
    No chance, although you’d expect us to have at least a couple of signings in before then.
  • mendonca said:
    One or two more announcements tonight I reckon 
    I'd say 3 or 4 at the very least!
    Theres a fully laden double decker bus turned up, a big huge box of Scarfies, and a load of GPO forms to act as signing on contracts.
  • Oggy Red said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I personally think they want to make one decent announcement with 2 or 3 players in one go. I'm assuming they would be decent players so that it has a good impact before pre season starts officially with the matches
    What makes you think that? Is that something we have ever done before? Waiting to announce a signing so we can do 2/3 in one go? 

Can’t see it myself.
    There are no signings.

Golfie was right. We're depending on 4 or 5 of our youth team to ensure we win promotion. 

And when we do, in the centre circle there'll be Thomas dressed like Elvis shredding his stuff, whipping us all into a frenzy!

There been 3 signings and we want 10 that will include loans as well which as we know won’t happen till last few days of the window … but both NA and TS want to give the youth a chance and there at least 4 under 23 who will get a chance in pre season 
  • redbuttle said:
    AndyG said:
    If there are no signings announced this week is it officially allowed to start panicking? 😳
    No...
    No season don’t start Saturday and window don’t shut Friday 
  • Oggy Red said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I personally think they want to make one decent announcement with 2 or 3 players in one go. I'm assuming they would be decent players so that it has a good impact before pre season starts officially with the matches
    What makes you think that? Is that something we have ever done before? Waiting to announce a signing so we can do 2/3 in one go? 

Can’t see it myself.
    There are no signings.

Golfie was right. We're depending on 4 or 5 of our youth team to ensure we win promotion. 

And when we do, in the centre circle there'll be Thomas dressed like Elvis shredding his stuff, whipping us all into a frenzy!

There been 3 signings and we want 10 that will include loans as well which as we know won’t happen till last few days of the window … but both NA and TS want to give the youth a chance and there at least 4 under 23 who will get a chance in pre season 
    And probably 4 who won’t get the chance once it’s started.
  • DOUCHER said:
    They have a champions league qualifier in 2 weeks so must be a good 2-3 weeks ahead of us in training as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• The player who was signing Friday / Saturday there were some things in his test results we were not happy about … they have run more tests and are waiting on results before going ahead with the deal or not I suppose 
    Do you know which player it is and whether he would be a good addition if he passes the medical?
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The player who was signing Friday / Saturday there were some things in his test results we were not happy about … they have run more tests and are waiting on results before going ahead with the deal or not I suppose 
    So that's not a player that signed then is it? 
    I have it on could authority that his grammar was poor in the written test and we are seeking a second opinion as to whether he can be up skilled.
  • edited July 2021
    The player who was signing Friday / Saturday there were some things in his test results we were not happy about … they have run more tests and are waiting on results before going ahead with the deal or not I suppose 
     So he could not have signed as was claimed somewhere .
    Could be a different player. RM being wrong doesn't make CEL wrong.  They could both be right, both be wrong, or either way.  I know which one my money is on, if I had to choose. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    What happened with the three you expected in? Still happening or have the players gone somewhere else
  • DOUCHER said:
    They have a champions league qualifier in 2 weeks so must be a good 2-3 weeks ahead of us in training as well.
    gonna be a good workout for our new keeper !!! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Can I be the first to say that I'm not whelmed, or even underwhelmed.....just more like "yeah, whatever...." Lets all get worked up about a player who is crocked until xmas, will likely play a few games come February, just in time to get himself fit again for when he joins a new club next June. 

I thank you. 
    Yep agreed, I’m not as panicky quite yet about new signings.😬
  • Hal1x said:
    _MrDick said:
    God knows how some of you would have coped back in the day when we had no internet or social media. We all had to wait for a Thursday to buy the local rag to find out who we'd signed. Seeing Alan Mullery had signed five players in a week was about as good as it got ... WIOTOS
    There was always Clubcall, £2.70 to find out nothing had happened.

Or if you forgot to put the handset down properly because it was a Friday night after the pubs kicked out it was a £185 phone call which your mum let you pay back at twenty five quid a week........

Ouch !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!