Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Is it also the worst case scenario in the world, having a game where we can see if the U23s can hack it

I mean whats the point of signing players if we already have the talent at our disposal
  • Addickted said:
    Hearing Ryan Viggars has signed from Sheffield United.
    Would that be from the Club's press release this morning about the U23 squad and 1st year pros where this was the main piece?  
  • TelMc32 said:
    Addickted said:
    Hearing Ryan Viggars has signed from Sheffield United.
    Would that be from the Club's press release this morning about the U23 squad and 1st year pros where this was the main piece?  
    LOL.

Sorry, hadn't read that!
  • Ben Dempsey and James Vennings have both signed new #cafc contracts. Options taken up on Billy French, Lucas Ness, Wassim Aouachria and Hady Ghandour.

According to Cawley 
    They have to find ness first (I bet that one has never been done on here…)
  • _MrDick said:
    God knows how some of you would have coped back in the day when we had no internet or social media. We all had to wait for a Thursday to buy the local rag to find out who we'd signed. Seeing Alan Mullery had signed five players in a week was about as good as it got ... WIOTOS
     You forgot who we signed then. I still remember Billy Lansdowne . Aagghhh
    From memory there were six in all that window .

Phil Ferns , Steve Harrison ,Billy Landsdowne , John and Leighton Phillips were the five .

Don McAlister took a bit longer because he had a contractual dispute with Spurs 
  • Hal1x said:
    _MrDick said:
    God knows how some of you would have coped back in the day when we had no internet or social media. We all had to wait for a Thursday to buy the local rag to find out who we'd signed. Seeing Alan Mullery had signed five players in a week was about as good as it got ... WIOTOS
    There was always Clubcall, £2.70 to find out nothing had happened.
    There was a phone in our school that you put the money in to speak. Was perfect for Clubcall although we got quite the bollocking when the teachers got wise to it!

• All is not lost. We could make the Celtic friendly a seven-a-side fixture or maybe borrow some of their squad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on people. Things could be worse. It's not as if Cawley has just posted a tweet saying that Millwall's summer signings are now pretty much complete and they have a full squad raring to go into a pre-season.

Oh...what a minute.
  • redcarter said:
    Markg2004 said:
    redcarter said:

Been updated since as Stockley was classified as 'End of loan' instead of signed.

correct - no longer bottom
    Still on relegation positions. 
    Until Matthew’s and jfc sign mew contracts and we move up to mid table.
    An injured player does that.  Get him.on the pitch on crutches . Promotion assured. 
    Did you read the 10-15 posts to which this comment relates?
  • A rumour: I have seen Lyle Taylor on crutches.

CL reply: have you taken a picture ?

A rumour: yes here it is.

CL reply: not convinced that's him from that distance and not seeing his face clearly.

A rumour: I have tailed him to the station and this is a close up from the side.

CL reply: oh fuck that is Lyle Taylor.

This is how a rumour manifests itself and comes to fruition and stops being a rumour.

Glad to be of assistants.

Now more Cafc rumours please.

How long's he out for?
  •  I think we will sign Ryan Viggars from Sheffield United. 
    Is that a prediction or deja vu
  • edited July 2021
    _MrDick said:
     You forgot who we signed then. I still remember Billy Lansdowne . Aagghhh
    @Richard J has nailed it …
  • If a player/players signed last thurs or end of last week i dont get the delay unless they saving them all up to announce at once 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • sam3110 said:
    If a player/players signed last thurs or end of last week i dont get the delay unless they saving them all up to announce at once 🤷🏻‍♂️
    They didn't sign, it's all bullshit, until the OS says otherwise
    Have I ever actually got one wrong? I don’t post until I am sure to avoid getting called a liar. I’ll just keep it to myself next time.
  • sam3110 said:
    If a player/players signed last thurs or end of last week i dont get the delay unless they saving them all up to announce at once 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Have I ever actually got one wrong? I don’t post until I am sure to avoid getting called a liar. I’ll just keep it to myself next time.
    Appreciate any bits mate just strange they wouldnt announce
  • Sponsored links:

•  I think we will sign Ryan Viggars from Sheffield United. 
    We did on the 30th May 2020AD
  • Clubcall - one of the first of my many addictions in life from the age of about 14. I just got baited every time by the teletext ads.  Amazed my mum let me have a phone in my room!
  • edited July 2021
    sam3110 said:
    From a personal point i'm interested :)
    So, keep em coming if they are legit, no reason to think otherwise..just seems a bit strange the time lag between signing and being announced, maybe you don't think so?
  • Jac_52 said:
     I think we will sign Ryan Viggars from Sheffield United. 
    We did on the 30th May 2020AD

Not sure we offered him a contract until now: 
    https://the72.co.uk/241361/charlton-athletic-snap-up-striker-ryan-viggars-from-sheffield-united/
  • TS is down at Sparrows Lane today 
    Prepare for the parade of our new signings on the OS now, come on Thomas we are all watching....
  • Maybe Thomas has said he wanted a sit down with each one of the potential new signings before contracts are sorted and he is looking them in the eye and asking them " ok you tell me matey what am I getting for my money here " lol
  • sam3110 said:
    From a personal point i'm interested :)
    So, keep em coming if they are legit, no reason to think otherwise..just seems a bit strange the time lag between signing and being announced, maybe you don't think so?
    It's such a top signing they are working out how to make the announcement without breaking the internet.
  • edited July 2021
    Looks like we are signing Wayne Hennessey?
    Naaah he's just waving at Adkins in the background, trying to get his attention ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!