Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Denmark beat England and we sign 6-7 top players cos TS is buzzing and on a high with life and is spunking some dough on us 
    England win and he huffs off with the hump and pulls in the purse strings 
  • Denmark beat England and we sign 6-7 top players cos TS is buzzing and on a high with life and is spunking some dough on us 
    England win and he huffs off with the hump and pulls in the purse strings 
    Danes are always high on life... happiest people in the world. Also have a good sense of perspective! Plus Adkins' infectious positivity (#startagain) means no bad mood can last. Roll on the signings! 
  • It’s great you miss a few days of the thread , jump to the last page missing 500 posts and the same waffle and madness  is being spouted , love it 
  • Calmer seas? I think we struck an iceberg.
  • cfgs said:
    Calmer seas? I think we struck an iceberg.
    With captain pugwash steering the ship
  • Sponsored links:

• 1st preseason game coming up on Saturday?

I predicted we’d have 4 new players in by the start of preseason, 3 so far, 1 more by the end of the week, I reckon 3 more in by the end of July.

Still not enough, but going in the right direction, impossible to tell how good they are , or how well they’ll fit in, that’s why we pay professional people I guess to do a job.
  • 1st preseason game coming up on Saturday?

I predicted we’d have 4 new players in by the start of preseason, 3 so far, 1 more by the end of the week, I reckon 3 more in by the end of July.

Still not enough, but going in the right direction, impossible to tell how good they are , or how well they’ll fit in, that’s why we pay professional people I guess to do a job.
    Agreed, I suspect in an ideal world TS/Adkins would have liked to have had maybe one or two more done but not panicking yet.

The overall strategy seems to be taking extra time/effort to go after a better quality of players, though this does mean they are in high demand so we will probably not get every first choice.
  • Redrobo said:
    The sun is shining, the birds are singing. Gonna be a good day.
    So you keep on saying Nige......
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Someone said Williams was offered 2 weeks training with us to get fit. 

Despite Jonny Williams not playing in the Euro's ( I don't think he got on the pitch ?) His fitness would've been high Because the subs train harder to emulate the level the Welsh starters were at.  A Poster on here who's name escapes me, was ITK because of a mate from the academy. Is Jonny training at Sparrows just to keep his fitness levels high or would we resign JW on a free for a modest salary ? I had ruled it out but stranger things have happened. 

Same for England, White, Chilwell, Cody, Ramage, Johnstone etc will train really hard in case they are needed. Plus it makes their pre season easier for when they return to their clubs.
    But it's two weeks of pre-season training and if you miss pre-season it's not good, as we saw with many of our players last year. I don't think being a sub for Wales would make up for the work put in during those first 2 weeks back at the training ground. Although this is a weird season with the break being so short. 

The subject has been done to death but I personally don't see any reason why we would re-sign him.

Chunes, I do agree with you about the pre season training as you can see what I said at 1.27am this morning when my insomnia was active and mentioned Ronnie needs to be at Sparrows lane to get up to speed. I'm hoping the ITK folk can confirm this from today ?

Being in an international squad means you have keep your fitness levels up to a high level, just like Sancho who finally played more than 7 minutes.
  • edited July 2021
    cfgs said:
    Calmer seas? I think we struck an iceberg.
    With captain pugwash steering the ship

Can we please have no speculation on the good ship Rumour who Master Bates, Seaman Stains and Roger the cabin boy are?

>:) 
  • If Mullin and Tucker sign then half this forum are going to owe @Addicks59 an apology. If neither sign then he will be forever ignored.

Personally i feel that Tucker will go to the championship though.
  • Only one 'take it or leave it' bid for Tucker has been made to the Gills so far.

£200k from Pompey.
  • RedRobin said:
    Tucker isn’t signing, Cawley has already confirmed this a few times. I can’t see Mullin signing either as again Cawley has said he isn’t one we are looking at, he’s got a direct line into Gallen/Adkins I’d be surprised if he’s wrong!! 
    I thought the direct line was with Bowyer, are we sure it has been transfered to Nige?
    Think there might be some inflated ideas here. We are a 3rd division side with few journalists following us to any degree.  

The club choose in my opinion to let Cawley have some  advance news to keep some level of local interest. 

Sad in some respects but reflects the modern day media channels. 
    Most transfer tips don’t from official sources at the club. The game is full of people tipping journalists off. The value of internal club contacts Is as much in checking things out than as an original source and those relationships need to be maintained, so sometimes stuff which is accurate gets held back for that reason. But the idea that the club simply feeds Cawley and he puts stuff out on their instructions is not accurate.
    Appreciate your response but I didn't quite suggest that.

I observed that the club may choose to let the local journalist have some information - or to use your words confirm /check things out.

My overriding point is that we aren't that newsworthy currently.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    A counter rumour.

There appears to be a Danish man running around at Sparrows Lane judging by a photo on Twitter. Now on the OS.
  • Addickted said:
    Only one 'take it or leave it' bid for Tucker has been made to the Gills so far.

£200k from Pompey.
    Tucker feels a bit "Danny Green" to me.  Championship bound, 7 figure fee banded about, no chance etc etc. 
  • redcarter said:

Been updated since as Stockley was classified as 'End of loan' instead of signed.
  • Crusty54 said:
    A counter rumour.

There appears to be a Danish man running around at Sparrows Lane judging by a photo on Twitter.
    Bastard is probably trying to get intel ahead of Wednesday
  • redcarter said:

6 potential promotion rivals in the 8 spaces directly above.
  • A rumour: I have seen Lyle Taylor on crutches.

CL reply: have you taken a picture ?

A rumour: yes here it is.

CL reply: not convinced that's him from that distance and not seeing his face clearly.

A rumour: I have tailed him to the station and this is a close up from the side.

CL reply: oh fuck that is Lyle Taylor.

This is how a rumour manifests itself and comes to fruition and stops being a rumour.

Glad to be of assistants.

Now more Cafc rumours please.

• Markg2004 said:
    redcarter said:

Been updated since as Stockley was classified as 'End of loan' instead of signed.

correct - no longer bottom
  • redcarter said:
    Markg2004 said:
    redcarter said:

Still on relegation positions. 
    Until Matthew’s and jfc sign mew contracts and we move up to mid table.
  • We can't moan about the quality and lack of interest from a lot of our squad last year then say it's bad we have too much churn. No it isn't - the squad last year wasn't good enough and we aren't going to change that without churn. I might not agree on all those who stayed / left (particularly those out of our hands like  Chuks) but we were all complaining how little connection we had to them at the tail end of the season so I for one am happy we're seeing some changes.
  • redcarter said:
    Markg2004 said:
    redcarter said:

Still on relegation positions. 
    I'm pretty sure Blackpool and Lincoln had two of the highest churns of last season. It's all about who is replacing who, and whether you have a staff team that can get them playing as a unit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!