Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Addicks59 said:
    That last post was for dazzler21 and thanks for kind comments.

Keep posting, most on here enjoy hearing any rumour.
  • Yeah even if they don't work out, they're at least entertaining.
  • edited July 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    Mullins in sat was it.Boyle going to Oxford.Tucker was at the club on sat for a chat with nige and to be shown around BUT no agreement on fee as yet.I think
    How can Jack Tucker be being shown around if we haven't agreed a fee with Gillingham? He's under contract until the summer of 2022 with them, would be pretty weird if we haven't agreed to sign him and he would be chatting to a different clubs manager and be being shown around..

Infact is that even legal, surely a breach of contract? 
    I think the club (Gills) can give permission.
    Usually a club would announce that though? Usually what you see on twitter or someone like Cawley would have heard about it. I'm gonna go ahead and say Jack Tucker is extremely unlikely, just a hunch and will be delighted to be wrong.
  • I wonder if we’ll sign a few more welsh players?

Noswaith dda
    Careful, you’ll end up on Dazzlers list!

I was just saying Good Evening to you, in case anyone thinks we have a new signing..
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So has Paul Mullin been announced on the O.S?

Nice backtrack on the Pigott.

What is that about Moses?

I think I may have misunderstood what @Addicks59 was saying in the first line of his post a little further above. My bad.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Mullins in sat was it.Boyle going to Oxford.Tucker was at the club on sat for a chat with nige and to be shown around BUT no agreement on fee as yet.I think
    How can Jack Tucker be being shown around if we haven't agreed a fee with Gillingham? He's under contract until the summer of 2022 with them, would be pretty weird if we haven't agreed to sign him and he would be chatting to a different clubs manager and be being shown around..

The issue might (not itk) be about structure of payments rather than the fee itself. Pure guess.
  • edited July 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    Are we allowed to talk to players if a fee hasn’t been agreed? Surely that favours is and not gillingham. They potentially now have a player on their hands who has agreed terms with another club who now refuses to play/train etc as he now wants out

edit

seen that this question has been asked by others
  • Quiet day huh.
    Maybe because it's Sunday? :wink:

• Sponsored links:

• Addicks59 said:

If his club give permission, any fee can be set later by tribunal.

• Oggy Red said:
    Addicks59 said:

That's only if they are out of contract and under what ever the age is for a development fee?

You don't have a tribunal for under contract ones do you?  That would be like a 3rd party telling you how much you can sell your house for? 
  • edited July 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Addicks59 said:

Fair enough, I didn't think that applied to players under contract as it seems unfair, either way Cawley has outright said no. I would be amazed if someone as credible as Rich would dismiss it, then not hear anything about this and for it then to come out as the truth. Putting his word at risk there big time. It was only 2 days ago he entirely dismissed the idea of us signing him

Football manager fantasy signing and nothing else I would say, not expecting it in the slightest
  • We had two players on trial last week. Doesn’t anybody have any idea on their names ? I find that hard to believe. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Addicks59 said:

Fair enough, I didn't think that applied to players under contract as it seems unfair, either way Cawley has outright said no. I would be amazed if someone as credible as Rich would dismiss it, then not hear anything about this and for it then to come out as the truth. Putting his word at risk there big time. It was only 2 days ago he entirely dismissed the idea of us signing him

Football manager fantasy signing and nothing else I would say, not expecting it in the slightest
    If I was in charge of recruitment the first thing I would do is stop any news of who we are talking too being announced by an external media outlet. So it wouldnt surprise me in the least if we are talking to players that Cawley isnt aware of. Not ITK but it's just common sense
  • I could be wrong here, but I think his post was supposed to say “misses” not “moses”. As a fellow fat fingered non-proof reader I know an autocorrect error when I see one. 
  • RedJohn said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Please tell me if I understand what you are saying....

Mullin - signed on Saturday.

Pigott - Not signing, it was a joke.

Moses - What is happening, must have missed your previous post on that.

Morrell - Is he signing.

Scott Fraser - Is he signing.

Thanks.
    Don’t encourage him .
  • edited July 2021
    Tucker isn’t signing, Cawley has already confirmed this a few times. I can’t see Mullin signing either as again Cawley has said he isn’t one we are looking at, he’s got a direct line into Gallen/Adkins I’d be surprised if he’s wrong!! 
  • RedRobin said:
    Tucker isn’t signing, Cawley has already confirmed this a few times. I can’t see Mullin signing either as again Cawley has said he isn’t one we are looking at, he’s got a direct line into Gallen/Adkins I’d be surprised if he’s wrong!! 
    I thought the direct line was with Bowyer, are we sure it has been transfered to Nige?
  • Sponsored links:

• You have got to remember that everyone in football lies. All the time.

You have to remember who is saying it, whom they are saying it to and why they are saying it. 
  • Quite easy to misunderstand someone might be signing for Charlton then ending up at CSKA Moscow. You are forgiven Col
  • may be nothing but just seen this on the skippers most recent Instagram. Is Williams training with us?
  • Someone said Williams was offered 2 weeks training with us to get fit. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Yesterday you said when asked that Mullin had "signed" on Saturday, indicating it was a done deal.  Here is you exact words.

"Signed sat. Tucker has agreed term but it is got to be agreed with gills what price.Boyle not sure but NA wants him in".

• RedRobin said:
    I thought the direct line was with Bowyer, are we sure it has been transfered to Nige?
    Think there might be some inflated ideas here. We are a 3rd division side with few journalists following us to any degree.  

The club choose in my opinion to let Cawley have some  advance news to keep some level of local interest. 

Sad in some respects but reflects the modern day media channels. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!