Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Someone said Williams was offered 2 weeks training with us to get fit. 

ButtleJR said:
    may be nothing but just seen this on the skippers most recent Instagram. Is Williams training with us?
    Ahhh that would make sense then
  • RedRobin said:
    Tucker isn’t signing, Cawley has already confirmed this a few times. I can’t see Mullin signing either as again Cawley has said he isn’t one we are looking at, he’s got a direct line into Gallen/Adkins I’d be surprised if he’s wrong!! 
    I thought the direct line was with Bowyer, are we sure it has been transfered to Nige?
    Guessing it would move to NA but he has a line into Gallen as well. 
  • Chunes said:
    I said Williams had been invited to train with us after his post euros break.  Their last game was a week ago, would it be 2 weeks?

I still think there was something fishy about his transfer to Cardiff. 
  • Chunes said:
    Honestly I can see that, he was down here for quite a while and probably has soon good mates in the squad (and seemed pretty popular with the other players too.) Letting him train as a favour doesn't signify too much - wasn't Rob Elliot training at the club for a bit before signing for Watford?
  • Any others training with us? 
  • edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Tucker isn’t signing, Cawley has already confirmed this a few times. I can’t see Mullin signing either as again Cawley has said he isn’t one we are looking at, he’s got a direct line into Gallen/Adkins I’d be surprised if he’s wrong!! 
    I thought the direct line was with Bowyer, are we sure it has been transfered to Nige?
    It would be surprising to me if not. Adkins is 1) a genuinely nice bloke and 2) a fairly experienced and canny operator. He'd know the value of having a good relationship with the local press which in our current situation is basically Cawley and Benjy Nurick and that's about it.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Mullins in sat was it.Boyle going to Oxford.Tucker was at the club on sat for a chat with nige and to be shown around BUT no agreement on fee as yet.I think
    How can Jack Tucker be being shown around if we haven't agreed a fee with Gillingham? He's under contract until the summer of 2022 with them, would be pretty weird if we haven't agreed to sign him and he would be chatting to a different clubs manager and be being shown around..

Infact is that even legal, surely a breach of contract? 
    The issue might (not itk) be about structure of payments rather than the fee itself. Pure guess.
     maybe they've not yet finalised the fee, but are happy enough with the region to allow discussions.
  • edited July 2021
    cfgs said:
    RedRobin said:
    This, Cawley knows a lot, the club tell him stuff but also what he can report and when. For his cooperation he gets lots of access but in payment he carries stories that the club want and only when they want.
    Exactly, that seems to be the set up. He only comments on things that are categorically untrue or not going to happen, which he has on both Tucker and Mullin. I think someone’s chain is being yanked!
  • You are arguing with me about mullins take your arguments to him agent who has SAID he has signed for us.
  • Addicks59 said:
    You are arguing with me about mullins take your arguments to him agent who has SAID he has signed for us.
    I have seen the agent thing on Wikipedia but have not actually seen where he is meant to have said it. As in did he supposedly tell somebody that or did he say it to a reporter, big difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicks59 said:
    Mullins in sat was it.Boyle going to Oxford.Tucker was at the club on sat for a chat with nige and to be shown around BUT no agreement on fee as yet.I think
    Yesterday you said when asked that Mullin had "signed" on Saturday, indicating it was a done deal.  Here is you exact words.

"Signed sat. Tucker has agreed term but it is got to be agreed with gills what price.Boyle not sure but NA wants him in".
    If we're playing that game, his words re: Pigott were. "Reference tucker and pig I am sure about them as best as you can be".

I'm the idiot that didn't understand the joke.
  • Where has Kenny Swain said this? I’ve goggled it and can find no such thing being said.
  • Addicks59 said:
    You are arguing with me about mullins take your arguments to him agent who has SAID he has signed for us.
    Oh for Christ’s sake turn it in guys......my heads spinning!🙄
  • thenewbie said:
    Chunes said:
    Honestly I can see that, he was down here for quite a while and probably has soon good mates in the squad (and seemed pretty popular with the other players too.) Letting him train as a favour doesn't signify too much - wasn't Rob Elliot training at the club for a bit before signing for Watford?
    I think it's fairly common for uncontracted players to train at former clubs

After all there must be lots of players without a club out there, and it's the interest of everyone in the wider football world that they stay fit. After all while us getting Jonny fit may benefit another club, we'll benefit in turn from free agents who've been training at other clubs. Hadn't Gunter been training at Reading before he joined us, for example?
  • Mullin is not signing for us, never was.
    Who is the one that has then didnt you say was a CB !?
  •  Let’s have something juicy then, what happened to the possible signing(s) on Friday. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Chunes said:
    I think it's fairly common for uncontracted players to train at former clubs

After all there must be lots of players without a club out there, and it's the interest of everyone in the wider football world that they stay fit. After all while us getting Jonny fit may benefit another club, we'll benefit in turn from free agents who've been training at other clubs. Hadn't Gunter been training at Reading before he joined us, for example?
    We need Williams to make up a side if we are playing Celtic in an eleven a side game ....
  • Sponsored links:

• All will become clear in the next 48 hours 
    I didn’t give the position of the player. He did sign on Thursday late afternoon. Imagine it will be announced early this week. 
    Any reason to have not announced it at the time? Or on any of the three days since? (Admittedly probably not working today granted.)
    I didn’t give the position of the player. He did sign on Thursday late afternoon. Imagine it will be announced early this week. 

Covered end you said he was a good league 1 player was you surprised ??
  • All will become clear in the next 48 hours 
    Doubt it, weather forecast is still for rain.
  • I could be wrong here, but I think his post was supposed to say “misses” not “moses”. As a fellow fat fingered non-proof reader I know an autocorrect error when I see one. 
    Could Moses be one of the two players on trial last week?
  • Has Solomon-Otabor signed anywhere yet?
  • I could be wrong here, but I think his post was supposed to say “misses” not “moses”. As a fellow fat fingered non-proof reader I know an autocorrect error when I see one. 
    Could Moses be one of the two players on trial last week?
    Premier League winner Victor Moses coming on trial to league 1 Charlton just before signing for a Russian team. Sure, and the other could have been Messi.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!