Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• MattF said:
    Addicks59 said:
    My post about piggott was not hard to understand was told we where interested this will make you laugh. He has interest from championship hardly sign for us.Reference Moses I said told we where interested in him but was wrong he has gone elsewhere
    Sorry old pal but what you are telling us does not appear to be very accurate.
    I am not having a dig and not discouraging you.
    I'm simply summarising what I think you've told us.

We were signing Pigott but now apparently you were joking.
    JFC was going to Brum, but now apparently someone was pranking you.
    We were interested in Moses yet he had apparently signed for Spartak Moscow for £4.2M.
    You say we signed Mullin on Saturday. Cawley says we aren't interested.
    Tucker is being shown around Charlton, though Gills haven't agreed a fee and at one point you said he'd signed.
    You implied Schwarz has gone (anybody else heard Ronnie has gone?)
    You've said we weren't in for Boyle, then you said we were, then you said he's going to Oxford.
    We were signing Freddie Ladapo.
    Not sure if this is already on here somewhere but

Cheers I hadnt seen this
  • edited July 2021
    Jac_52 said:
    I could be wrong here, but I think his post was supposed to say “misses” not “moses”. As a fellow fat fingered non-proof reader I know an autocorrect error when I see one. 
    Could Moses be one of the two players on trial last week?
    Premier League winner Victor Moses coming on trial to league 1 Charlton just before signing for a Russian team. Sure, and the other could have been Messi.
    Don’t start another rumour. Moses was bad enough 😉. I was being mischievous.
  • We’ll sign players. I’m sure our wanted list had first, second and third choices and possibly complete reassessment of who is available in some cases. I doubt that’s particularly unusual. When our recruiting is complete I expect it will be composed of players in each of those categories. I’m pretty sure our first choice list might have contained a few moon shots and it was always unlikely we’d have much success. Complete faith in TS and Gallen getting us very competitive. 
  • Has Solomon-Otabor signed anywhere yet?
    No.

Interesting that he hasn't signed on again at Wigan.
  • edited July 2021
    Unless the Moses in question, was Moses Odubajo?

RB released from Wednesday. Although would imagine Champ clubs would want him

Not ITK, just an observation, as surely whoever posted it, didn’t mean Victor Moses.
  • Did anyone actually state Moses.  I don't think they did, the word moses was used but in the middle of a sentence, not in a list of names wasn't it? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Did anyone actually state Moses.  I don't think they did, the word moses was used but in the middle of a sentence, not in a list of names wasn't it? 
    The first post seemed to be a mistake as it was as you say. It was then clarified as someone the poster was told we were interested in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    I've heard the next two weeks will be crucial. (ITK).
  • Addicks59 said:
    My post about piggott was not hard to understand was told we where interested this will make you laugh. He has interest from championship hardly sign for us.Reference Moses I said told we where interested in him but was wrong he has gone elsewhere
    This answers the questions re what Addicks59 said about Moses.
  • I’m hoping we have more of the youngsters being in and around the 18. Either way, I’m not concerned. It’ll sort itself out.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Why is that ? 

He's joking. The next two weeks are always crucial around here.
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Did anyone actually state Moses.  I don't think they did, the word moses was used but in the middle of a sentence, not in a list of names wasn't it? 
    The first post seemed to be a mistake as it was as you say. It was then clarified as someone the poster was told we were interested in. 
    Or we've somehow reached the point where this thread has started creating completely false rumours accidentallyNot even someone bullshitting or trolling, a legit typo somehow ends up as an actual rumour.

Peak rumourology.

Wrong, see Covered Ends post above. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Or we've somehow reached the point where this thread has started creating completely false rumours accidentallyNot even someone bullshitting or trolling, a legit typo somehow ends up as an actual rumour.

Peak rumourology.

Wrong, see Covered Ends post above. 
    Yes, that came through as I was still typing my comment so mea culpa on that one.
  • FFS. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
  • edited July 2021
  • JamesSeed said:

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Chunes said:
    Someone said Williams was offered 2 weeks training with us to get fit. 

Despite Jonny Williams not playing in the Euro's ( I don't think he got on the pitch ?) His fitness would've been high Because the subs train harder to emulate the level the Welsh starters were at.  A Poster on here who's name escapes me, was ITK because of a mate from the academy. Is Jonny training at Sparrows just to keep his fitness levels high or would we resign JW on a free for a modest salary ? I had ruled it out but stranger things have happened. 

Same for England, White, Chilwell, Cody, Ramage, Johnstone etc will train really hard in case they are needed. Plus it makes their pre season easier for when they return to their clubs.
  • Mullin is not signing for us, never was.

If and a giant If, Ronnie Swartz and the management felt his move hasn't worked out in the UK. ( So far it hasn't) then Paul Mullins would be a younger version of RS and you could understand a more like for like replacement. If there is no sighting of Ronnie from this Monday at Sparrows lane then something is amiss because he desperately needs the pre season training and can't afford to be behind the rest despite no doubt doing fitness work in Denmark or wherever his location is.

Swartz still part of the plans then Mullins was never an option. I understand what Cawley said but you would think we would be interested in a prolific penalty area goal scorer. (One season wonder could turn into a Derek Hales !)
  • edited July 2021
    Chunes said:
    Someone said Williams was offered 2 weeks training with us to get fit. 

Despite Jonny Williams not playing in the Euro's ( I don't think he got on the pitch ?) His fitness would've been high Because the subs train harder to emulate the level the Welsh starters were at.  A Poster on here who's name escapes me, was ITK because of a mate from the academy. Is Jonny training at Sparrows just to keep his fitness levels high or would we resign JW on a free for a modest salary ? I had ruled it out but stranger things have happened. 

Same for England, White, Chilwell, Cody, Ramage, Johnstone etc will train really hard in case they are needed. Plus it makes their pre season easier for when they return to their clubs.
    But it's two weeks of pre-season training and if you miss pre-season it's not good, as we saw with many of our players last year. I don't think being a sub for Wales would make up for the work put in during those first 2 weeks back at the training ground. Although this is a weird season with the break being so short. 

The subject has been done to death but I personally don't see any reason why we would re-sign him.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Surely this is the week it all kicks off and we make 3/4 signings. Come on chaps pull your fingers out!
    Just a over a month away from the season starting, so yes, would imagine this week is one where Nigel might like to get a few over the line so he can start to have what looks like his first XI train together.  Fingers crossed we get a couple in
  • Addicks59 said:
    This answers the questions re what Addicks59 said about Moses.
    Reference Moses plays for Chicago Hope in the NATVSL
  • edited July 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Surely this is the week it all kicks off and we make 3/4 signings. Come on chaps pull your fingers out!
    I’m not greedy, I’ll accept two. Three or four would be excellent.

Come on Thomas, you know what to do.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!