Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• redcarter said:

I really hope we don’t have to rebuild again next summer. We’ve had a decade of it.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Nothing in the South London Press.

The silence is deafening. Richard Cawley must have been sent to Coventry.

Are you saying we're buying a player from Coventry?
  • Who sponsors Squad Churn League 1 as a matter of interest?

• Oggy Red said:

Cawley dont info no more till deals are done 
  • Oggy Red said:

Are you saying we're buying a player from Coventry?
    Shhhhhh! 

• Sage said:
    Seems the good ship HMS Rumours has got stuck in some muddy waters over the weekend and the passengers have gone a bit loopy with the lack of movement. 

Time to return the vessel to calmer seas please.

Very simply, more football related talk and less posts about other posters. if there is a fake captain or two patrolling the decks then just let them crack on, it will soon be noticeable when the ship sails in the opposite direction.

Thanks all
    I heard from a credible source that we have a clear pathway on a new signing, Moses parted the sea for us.
    Before people ask, I have absolutely no idea. My comment was meant as a joke in regards to all these Moses stuff. 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Seems the good ship HMS Rumours has got stuck in some muddy waters over the weekend and the passengers have gone a bit loopy with the lack of movement. 

Very simply, more football related talk and less posts about other posters. if there is a fake captain or two patrolling the decks then just let them crack on, it will soon be noticeable when the ship sails in the opposite direction.

Thanks all
    I heard from a credible source that we have a clear pathway on a new signing, Moses parted the sea for us.
    Before people ask, I have absolutely no idea. My comment was meant as a joke in regards to all these Moses stuff. 
    Boooooo.

Got my hope's up this morning. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like we’re trying to patch a team together for this weekends preseason game as Adkins says he’s got the reserves training with the 1st team (need to make up the numbers)
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:

Thanks all
    I think you've gone a Pharaoh way to disappointing people!!
  • Sounds like we’re trying to patch a team together for this weekends preseason game as Adkins says he’s got the reserves training with the 1st team (need to make up the numbers)
    Adkins and TS have always said they want a clear run into the first team for the under 23 players and that 4/5 would be training with the first team squad before we complete our buying 
    Adkins and TS have always said they want a clear run into the first team for the under 23 players and that 4/5 would be training with the first team squad before we complete our buying 
    Doesn't marry up with the idea that we'll blow this league out of the water though does it. They might be good players, but I will stick my neck on the line and say they aren't good enough to be first team starters the lot of them. 
  • Cawley just said nothing likely to be announced today
  • JamesSeed said:
    I've heard the next two weeks will be crucial. (ITK).
    Why is that ? 
    It’s what ‘the Aussies’ told me, and I’ve never been allowed to forget it 😂

:-)
    FFS.🤨🤨🤨
    Won’t stop me continually refreshing Newsnow, Twitter and CharltonLife all day 
  • Sponsored links:

• What was all the bs about Mullin signed Saturday then? 
    FFS.🤨🤨🤨
    Anyone else feel like time has stood still, certainly with regards to Cawley at least....getting very repetitive
    FFS.🤨🤨🤨
    Anyone else feel like time has stood still, certainly with regards to Cawley at least....getting very repetitive
    I expect poor old Cawley has to look on here for his stories now. :neutral:

• edited July 2021
    Cawley just said nothing likely to be announced today
    FFS.🤨🤨🤨
    To be totally honest. He's no more repetitive than the comments made on here. 
  • _MrDick said:
    God knows how some of you would have coped back in the day when we had no internet or social media. We all had to wait for a Thursday to buy the local rag to find out who we'd signed. Seeing Alan Mullery had signed five players in a week was about as good as it got ... WIOTOS
    Back in the old day's i remember....., I certainly include myself in that statement, but that's progress for ya. B)
    Its one thing blooding in a couple of youngsters like we did with Konsa, Gomez, Shelvey etc but its another thinking that using 4 or 5 this season will get us out of this league.

If that is plan A, or even plan B now that signings seem to be thin on the ground then I don't mind missing out on going away this year (due to Covid restrictions) as I'm sure we will be playing these teams all again next season.
    FFS.🤨🤨🤨
    That shows he not getting any info from the club till last min … 
    Its one thing blooding in a couple of youngsters like we did with Konsa, Gomez, Shelvey etc but its another thinking that using 4 or 5 this season will get us out of this league.

If that is plan A, or even plan B now that signings seem to be thin on the ground then I don't mind missing out on going away this year (due to Covid restrictions) as I'm sure we will be playing these teams all again next season.
    The 4/5 are just doing training with the first team squad though. That's a very different thing to them sudden elevating 5 U23s to the first team squad, which is NOT the plan. 

It just means the best of the youth get a chance to train with and learn from experienced pros, if they do well enough then maybe they get onto the bench.

Let's not catastrophise a perfectly sensible arrangement.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!