Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Sorry but that's not sustainable surely 

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-city-fc/payroll/

Man City's wage bill. How on earth can Phil Foden be on 12 grand a week, Zinchenko 20 grand a week and Charlie Wyke 10k two levels below? Just seems ridiculous
    How can Foden be on £12k a week and Mesi on £400k a week ? Not saying they are on a level par but are they £388k a week different ?
    Messi is on about 1m a week, there's no way he's only on 400.

Even Bale is on 600k.
  • AndyG said:

Man City's wage bill. How on earth can Phil Foden be on 12 grand a week, Zinchenko 20 grand a week and Charlie Wyke 10k two levels below? Just seems ridiculous
    How can Foden be on £12k a week and Mesi on £400k a week ? Not saying they are on a level par but are they £388k a week different ?

Even Bale is on 600k.

Even more reason to think it's all mental mate. When you watch Wales can you see the difference between the player on 600k a week and the one on 6k a week ?
  • edited July 2021
    AndyG said:

Messi is on more but either way Messi is a global superstar and the greatest footballer to have ever lived. Anyway I don't want to now turn this thread into who has a bigger salary.

Just find it incredible a league 1 player can be on 10k. I don't even want us to compete with that 
  • Player recruitment, it seems, is a protracted business this summer.
    I wonder whether we are still chasing our primary targets, or whether we are down to our second or third on the list for the remaining positions.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not convinced Covered_End_Lad has a clue to be honest. Doesn't say a word about who it is, then someone pipes up and yeh its him!
    He's been right a number of times and Solomon-ottabor/unnamed signing was his first incorrect one.

Correct- Covered_End_Lad- Oshilaja Released
    Correct- Covered_End_Lad- Aneke offered contract (publicly confirmed several times)
    Correct- Covered_End_Lad- Pearce offered contract (Signing announced 22/06/21)
    Correct- Covered_End_Lad- F.Caskey offered contract
    Correct- Covered_End_Lad- At least one more signing this week (WB 28/06)
    Fair play, yeh he knows more than i give him credit
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

Even Bale is on 600k.

Even more reason to think it's all mental mate. When you watch Wales can you see the difference between the player on 600k a week and the one on 6k a week ?
    Bale isn't 100 times better than Gunter and for the last two years in game time, not as good an option. 
    He’s 100 times better when he sitting in the bench 
  • On the subject of wages in the Champ take a look at this… so maybe a desired free agent on £18k isn’t so laughable after all. 

• edited July 2021
    Tom Ince? Really?! 

Moved the wages stuff here so as to declutter the rumours thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3032300#Comment_3032300
  • Mental that... Are any of those players above average for championship level?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Tom Ince? Really?! 

Moved the wages stuff here so as to declutter the rumours thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3032300#Comment_3032300
    So this gets moved to stop clogging up the thread but the XL’s and all the other bollocks on here stays … this place 🤣🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    So back to Jordan Ibe…was that being classed as a no way,not happening type thing…?
    I've not added it to the list as I don't believe it was ever a serious rumour by a Lifer. No idea whether there is any truth in it.
    On that note, I have it on good authority that Ibe will be signing for us tomorrow. 
    Signed sealed & delivered maybe…😉
  • 236 posts since yesterday and not one rumour. Let's see if we can get to 1000 !!!
  • 236 posts since yesterday and not one rumour. Let's see if we can get to 1000 !!!
    Lucky there are so many ITK, otherwise it would be a bit boring!!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    236 posts since yesterday and not one rumour. Let's see if we can get to 1000 !!!
    Source? 

Don’t you just want to shave those locks off!!
  • edited July 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Tom Ince? Really?! 

So this gets moved to stop clogging up the thread but the XL’s and all the other bollocks on here stays … this place 🤣🤣🤣
    The spreadsheets (not made in excel) are keeping track of the Lifer rumours. Messi's salary really has fuck all to do with Charlton rumours. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Tom Ince? Really?! 

The spreadsheets (not made in excel) are keeping track of the Lifer rumours. Messi's salary really has fuck all to do with Charlton rumours. 
    Relax fella it was a joke …. Some people take them themselves a bit too seriously 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

… and I don’t look at the spreadsheets anyway 
  • Sponsored links:

• Maccn05 said:
    On the subject of wages in the Champ take a look at this… so maybe a desired free agent on £18k isn’t so laughable after all. 

How does a club with not a lot of support in a run down shack manage to pay that much for one player.

So what is Taylor on ?
    I'm sure Luton aren't paying Ince anything.....he plays for Stoke. He was on loan at Luton last season but I doubt they were paying much towards it.
  • mart77 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    On the subject of wages in the Champ take a look at this… so maybe a desired free agent on £18k isn’t so laughable after all. 

How does a club with not a lot of support in a run down shack manage to pay that much for one player.

So what is Taylor on ?
    The bench mainly…
    Very good 👏🏻 
  • not charlton related but doesnt seem like we have any rumours ourselves...but wigan have reportedly offered Charlie Wyke £10k a week to join?! Outrageous amount for a league one player but shows how much Wigan are throwing at it this year
    Seems a lot but if they offered him £10K a week for 2 years thats a 1 million pound investment. We paid c.£500K for Stockely and have given him a 3 year deal on c.6K a week which equals an investment of c.1.4m.
    Plus we offered Graham 9k a week but he got over double that at Birmingham 
    2 things - do you genuinely believe that we would offer a player 9k a week? And do you genuinely believe Graham is on 18k a week at Birmingham? 

Leko is on a reported £7k a week and he signed from a (then) premier league club. No way has Graham has left a middle of the table league 1 club and got a deal that is 11k a week more than him. Also, Graham was on just over £2k a week at Gillingham - so he goes from £8k a month to £72k a month…. Ok. 
    Around 25+ years ago I slightly knew a Premier League footballer who was transferred around a bit over a few seasons. I recall he went from £750 PW at Chesterfield as a first team teenager, to £2,000 PW at Southampton when sold. After a year or two was sold again to Blackburn and was put on £13,000 PW. I know this was some time ago but it seems that in football, wage rises appear to go up without reason or proportion, to the lay person who argues the toss over a 1% annual rise. 
  • mart77 said:
    Maccn05 said:

So what is Taylor on ?
    The bench mainly…
    Hahaha!

but to answer the original question &15k apparently not the top earner by a long way
  • Piggott trained at wimbledon this week - driesen looks like posh spice 

• I can see you're still living in Cornwall.  

• Cafc43v3r said:
    236 posts since yesterday and not one rumour. Let's see if we can get to 1000 !!!
    Source? 

I've always wondered what he is tugging in his hand...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!