Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    You seriously can't help but warm to the guy! 
    Really  ??  I'm starting to think the opposite. Too faux positive. As someone posted months ago, just sounds like the "really brilliant !!!! " bloke from the Fast Show. Cheesy peas anyone...?
    I know what you mean but, Lord I've worked for bosses who who were totally negative and couldn't inspire me. They absolutely sucked the life out of me and made it a misery to go into work. That is something that can never be aimed at Adkins. 
    Totally understand & agree with you, but conversley I wouldn't want to work somewhere where everyday the boss came in with cheesy one-liners about staying upbeat & positive. Yes, I'm all for being "up for it" and having a laugh & a joke, but I don't need to hear someone spouting stuff like they've got it out of a quote book. 

Positivism is great when it's natural & not forced imo. 
    It all seems pretty natural to me. Some people are just like that. If it bothers you that much golfie, just don't watch the videos or comment on it.
    I have avoided them up until today, having watched the first couple, but it caught me a bit unawares as I thought he was unveiling a new signing. If he really does this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY then God forbid & I assure you I wont be watching any more. 

Anyway, not to derail this thread, as I'm sure we will be announcing another wonder signing any day now. 
    We're not a wonder signing kind of club. We NEVER have been, I expect we NEVER will be. We don't draw the attention of the real Sheikh's or the multi billionaire's that want to waste their money. 

If that's what you desire so much, why do you choose to remain a Charlton "Supporter"? (in the loosest term, because you don't seem that supportive of the club) 

It's bewildering. 

Maybe just look at what we are, the little London club known for being family friendly and having a good bout in the Premier League in the 2000's days.  Maybe use that to set your expectations, not the stories of the mega wealthy clubs. 
    My expectations are set very low mate don't you worry. I don't expect to get out of this division anytime soon. And even if/when we do I'll be quite happy with stability and a number of years in the Championship. I've done the Premiership years so I'm not expecting or hankering after that anytime soon.

The expectations are all coming from the Owner. Starting with his plan for Premiership in 5 years time & Europe in 10 !!  Get real mate I'd say to him. Like with Adkins, positively is all well & good, but its got to be realistic too. Then there was the "we'll blow through this League" or some such guff. Really ??  We're already a week into the preseason & have a game against Celtic in little over a weeks time, and so far we've hardly signed anyone who you'd think would make a vast difference to last season. 

Of course, I will reserve any judgement until I've seen the entire squad in action - but as it stands I'm sure even the most optimistic of you out there must be wondering just where this "blow through this league" team is going to materialise from. 
    The squad last season showed even when playing like strangers with a manager who had clearly had enough here, they came close.

I have my concerns about blowing through the league but it's over a month til the season starts and whilst we haven't been that active yet, every day the squad is training with a decent manager who is willing to develop our team.

We'll be in a better position come the 1st day of the season than we were last season.
  • If we don't get our targets can expect a few loans in couple of weeks when Premiership/Championship clubs are finalising their squads.

I still think we need to make centre back and centre mid a priority especially as we pick up a few injuries/suspensions quality and depth. Then work on sorting our full backs and wingers.
  • limeygent said:
    Sorry wasn't having a go at you posting it.  It just a rehash of rehashed stories on the speculation that his contract ran out yesterday.  Although you can't really blame the likes of the72 when sky and such like have been doing it with Messi all day. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Would you guys have Joe Dodoo back? Has been released from Wigan!
    Do we need more ground staff then? 

Absolutely.

Not.
  • Pigott felt let down an badly treated  by Charlton and fans. He still carries a grudge so he won't  be joining  us, unless hell freezes over.
    Incorrect, Pigott has no issue with the club... He had issue with Roland over how he was released

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/dons-striker-joe-pigott-charlton-treated-me-really-poorly-in-terms-of-my-release/

“That wasn’t the fault of anyone who is at the club now though, that was just how things were with the ownership and all the rest – it was a total mess."
     OK so according to you it was Roland and not the club.  However NOBODY at the club contacted him about his release. Why would that be Roland's
    job ? 

Pigott got tremendous abuse over that miss against Millwall at The Valley. 

Similar to the abuse Fox used to get infact. 

I am sure he has no intention to return and you blaming Roland when Pigott says nobody contacted him is odd .
    As you well know, Roland destroyed everything from the ground up at the club during his disastrous reign. Many decent employees didn’t know what was happening on day to day basis, it’s no wonder that Pigott’s departure was a confusing one.  
  • Addickted said:
    Would you guys have Joe Dodoo back? Has been released from Wigan!
    Do we need more ground staff then? 
    Clues in the name chief!
  • Pigott felt let down an badly treated  by Charlton and fans. He still carries a grudge so he won't  be joining  us, unless hell freezes over.
    Incorrect, Pigott has no issue with the club... He had issue with Roland over how he was released

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/dons-striker-joe-pigott-charlton-treated-me-really-poorly-in-terms-of-my-release/

“That wasn’t the fault of anyone who is at the club now though, that was just how things were with the ownership and all the rest – it was a total mess."
     OK so according to you it was Roland and not the club.  However NOBODY at the club contacted him about his release. Why would that be Roland's
    job ? 

I am sure he has no intention to return and you blaming Roland when Pigott says nobody contacted him is odd .
    Roland ran the club in such a way that a young player who had been with the club for years and worked his way up to the first team from the academy didn’t get told personally that he was being released.

That’s not the way players should find out they’re not getting a new contract. I doubt Sandgaard is running the club like that.

job ? 

As you well know, Roland destroyed everything from the ground up at the club during his disastrous reign. Many decent employees didn’t know what was happening on day to day basis, it’s no wonder that Pigott’s departure was a confusing one.  
      My comment was not to you but I will reply. 
     Pigott left in 2016. Are you saying that none of the staff at thst point were acting responsibly because of Roland Rat. Because  don't  believe  that as our academy still has many of the staff there at the time.  As you know they sit down and decide who gets a contract or who goes. 
    These decisions aren't  made by the owner who whether he was a disinterested RD or Thomas would not have the knowledge of players in the academy etc.
    Haha this is a public forum, people can reply to your comments whenever they like. 

Forever even posted a direct quote from Pigott mentioning ownership at the time, but you still refuse to accept that it was to do with Duchatelet. 

NO
  • God I hate this thread, but it's more addictive than Heroin!!!!!
    Not a patch on previous transfer threads. Non addictive more like. 

The trouble is that there is lots of click bait sites- regurgitating what is on SLP from Richard Cawley or Charlton Life or some vague connection of something that is never going to happen, or Charlton should be interested in this out of contract player - that is also never going go happen. The headings designed to lure you in. These are ending up cluttering this thread & generating 100’s of comments before descending into random chat. 

A bite size rumours thread would be good.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    ButtleJR said:
    Would you guys have Joe Dodoo back? Has been released from Wigan!
    Doesn't he always score on his debut? Get him in on a week long contract and play him against the massives?
    Long as that is not more inside info, and you are trying to let us down gently. B)
  • Speaking of loan superstars from our past, Sullay Kaikai has been released by Blackpool. Would ya?

job ? 

Blimey, I don't think you've ever mentioned before that you were team Roland.
  • Praying for a 8pm announcement tucker & piggy 🙏🏻🙏🏻 
  • Gammon said:
    Not a rumour but my mate signed the 2 latest players and millar on last years football manager save. The next player he signed was a certain free agent who has had his contract run out at Barcelona 
    We can’t keep signing Barcelona’s cast offs. 
  • Would love Tucker, not bothered about Pigott. Some players just fit at certain clubs and can see Pigott being a let down
  • Jesus Christ  !!!  What is it with some people ! Within an hour or so both Dodoo & Kaikai have been suggested.

They weren't any good then & they are even worse now.

Please can we move on.  

For the record I wouldn't want kaikai back either, was just interested on what the learned folk of Charltonlife thought given he's just been promoted out of this division and therefore might not actually be as shite as I fondly remember him to be.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!