Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Addicks59 said:
    There are two more signings hopefully in the pipe line a center back tucker  and an attacker now you are all going to laugh at this but I think it is piggott. 
    If we signed those 2 I would need to change the sheets and not from bed wetting!! 
    Please explain?
    oh, come on! 
     :D 
    I know the answer. I just wanted to see how the poster explained it 😂
    I thought my explanation was concise and "covered" all the necessary points... if you read between the lines.
  • If tucker and pigott sign then just WOW !!!
    Yeah dont mean to discredit those who are provide the rumour, but I dont think I'll be able to believe that Tucker and Pigott could be signing for us until it actually happens, even then I'll be utterly amazed
  • No chance we sign Pigott.

We’re finding it hard to sign the best players in League Two, let alone the best players (Pigott is arguably the best striker) in League One.
    Not keeping up to date with rumours etc, who are you referring to that we’ve missed out on from League 2? 
  • Would pigott and Stockley work as a pair?,or are we saying one or the other to start?, not sure either would be happy with that scenario. 
  • Scoham said:
    No chance we sign Pigott.

We’re finding it hard to sign the best players in League Two, let alone the best players (Pigott is arguably the best striker) in League One.
    Are we? Signing Stockley and CM doesn’t suggest that.
    Agree those are two very good signings, but neither of those players had interest from teams higher than us. 

I’ve worded my opinion a little wrong in the OP, I mean we’re struggling to sign the best League Two players who have Championship interest (Mendes Gomes, Joel Randall, Randell Williams). That suggests we’re not going to be signing the best League One players who have Championship interest.  
  • Certainly would have Piggot on a free. Signing players based on a hunger to prove themselves is Piggot all over as he will 100% have unfinished business.
  • Pigott felt let down an badly treated  by Charlton and fans. He still carries a grudge so he won't  be joining  us, unless hell freezes over.
    As I’ve said before......money talks shit walks.
  • No chance we sign Pigott.

Which league two players have we missed out on, that haven't signed for championship clubs?

Ones we were actually after, not some made up wish list?
  • Sponsored links:

• paulfox said:
    Would pigott and Stockley work as a pair?,or are we saying one or the other to start?, not sure either would be happy with that scenario. 
    Agreed, it looks to me like we are planning to play 4-3-3 this season and so Stockley is the main man. JP won't be signing and sitting on the bench. 

I don't think they'd work great in a 4-4-2 either, neither of them are the type to make runs in behind and both lack pace as well. For those two reasons I can't see Pigott signing, on top of that there's Championship interest. 
  • edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Piggott fancies himself in the champ, can’t see him coming to us unless he’s received no offers from champ clubs which I’d be surprised about. Read earlier Luton were talking to him. 
    Don't really get all this secret stuff from Pigott.. but if he gets any Championship interest at all, we just know where he will end up, Brum with Mr Bowyer, you can just see it happening..
  • WE are signing good hungry YOUNG players and it is if you know football putting together value what better player to put out with stockly than piggott
     He is quick and can feed on  the headers also I know I keep banging on about tucker BUT he was the best center half in the division last season and is yet to come into his prime.Upto now with Thomas appointing who he has from a football point of view he has not done a lot wrong right from the beginning he has said he is open to further investment in my opion he is making charlton an attractive opportunity young good players will rise in value.
  • ButtleJR said:

Love the positivity. 
    It’s not being negative, I just can’t see that particular signing happening. He’s not going to magically appear at The Valley through the power of good vibes. 

I’m sure we’ll sign a different player who can score enough goals to get us back into the Championship.
  • Addicks59 said:
    WE are signing good hungry YOUNG players and it is if you know football putting together value what better player to put out with stockly than piggott
     He is quick and can feed on  the headers also I know I keep banging on about tucker BUT he was the best center half in the division last season and is yet to come into his prime.Upto now with Thomas appointing who he has from a football point of view he has not done a lot wrong right from the beginning he has said he is open to further investment in my opion he is making charlton an attractive opportunity young good players will rise in value.
    How sure are you on tucker and pig as is stands mate ?! 
  • I can't see us signing either Tucker or Pig, so lets see how this develops. 
  • Scoham said:

Agree those are two very good signings, but neither of those players had interest from teams higher than us. 

I’ve worded my opinion a little wrong in the OP, I mean we’re struggling to sign the best League Two players who have Championship interest (Mendes Gomes, Joel Randall, Randell Williams). That suggests we’re not going to be signing the best League One players who have Championship interest.  
    That’s not a surprise though, that’s how it works. As we move through the summer some players won’t get their big move and will take a smaller step up.

I’d be more concerned if good players start signing for L1 rivals over us. So far that’s not really happened.
  • edited July 2021
    Someone mentioned we were interested in Josh Martin from Norwich, he’s just signed for MK on loan. 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

That’s not a surprise though, that’s how it works. As we move through the summer some players won’t get their big move and will take a smaller step up.

I’d be more concerned if good players start signing for L1 rivals over us. So far that’s not really happened.
    Yeah, I agree - some of those top players won’t get the dream move and will have to settle for League One.

My point being Joe Pigott won’t be one of them, he’s almost a dead cert for Luton and Nathan Jones - worse comes to worst it will be someone else in the Championship who can offer him wages we can’t. 

Agree to an extent regarding good players signing for rivals - Scott Twine is very good player we’ve missed out on. It also looks like we’re going to miss out on Fraser. 

Either way, we’ll get bodies in and I’m very confident we’ll have a good season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Yeah, I agree - some of those top players won’t get the dream move and will have to settle for League One.

My point being Joe Pigott won’t be one of them, he’s almost a dead cert for Luton and Nathan Jones - worse comes to worst it will be someone else in the Championship who can offer him wages we can’t. 

Agree to an extent regarding good players signing for rivals - Scott Twine is very good player we’ve missed out on. It also looks like we’re going to miss out on Fraser. 

Either way, we’ll get bodies in and I’m very confident we’ll have a good season.
    With NA playing 1 main striker I don’t see how Pigott fits in anyway, he won’t sign here to be competition for Stockley.

Nothing to suggest Twine was a target, I think Cawley even said he wasn’t.

I’d like Fraser but the only rumour seems to be from the naked teenager on Twitter. He got Cousins right in fairness but my take is he’s probably talking to multiple clubs, so while it may he true he’s spoken to Wigan it’s not a guarantee that they’ll get him.
  • edited July 2021
    If we get Tucker and Piggot then we might as well book the open top bus tour too. ;-)

But that would be next level signings. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Reference tucker and pig I am sure about them as best as you can be BUT at the end of the day till the club announce them we are all quessing.I am lucky in as much from my time at the club I have got a good group around me who like myself have charlton in there blood one of them was in the club yesterday I have known  him from when he was a P E teacher at school in Downham.
    Probably best not to tell us who your sources are...
  • I can see us signing Tucker but Piggott  ???  The ball would be in the air for most of the time if that was the case. We already have Stockley as the aerial threat, what we need is a pacey striker to feed off him / play off the shoulder. 
  • I'd say we maybe need a winger or 2 more than another striker. 

adkins will play 1 up top.  that will be stockley if fit. backup Davidson,  also we have ronnie and Washington. Washington maybe used wide..

I could only see piggott as backup or a challenge to stockley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!