Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• You would expect a few this week as our "net" in is still fairly low. That's not a moan before.....
  • Wigan are going to have a squad of about 90 players and they’ll win the league with 150 points, as they will be so amazing the league will introduce bonus points per game.
    By the sounds of it.
    Wigan and Ipswich both lost large amount of their squads so if may look like they signed a few players but squad wise they are still low on the size they had last season 
    We are in the same boat, but haven't yet really started the rebuild.

We currently have 12 first team players.
    Yep ...... and you can probably guarantee we'll sign 5 loan players before the end of the window.
    We always do, same as every club in this division.

So that'll be 17. And we've been told there's more irons in the fire behind the scenes.
    I hate to disappoint, but we are sure to have the numbers in by the the time the window closes.

And certainly sufficient players in numbers and quality to put out a decent competitive team  for our first game. :smile:

• Scoham said:
    You seriously can't help but warm to the guy! 
    Really  ??  I'm starting to think the opposite. Too faux positive. As someone posted months ago, just sounds like the "really brilliant !!!! " bloke from the Fast Show. Cheesy peas anyone...?
    Jeez - 5 minutes with you must be so depressing 
  • Anyone know if we will sign another today? Bit of a strange one announcing so early. 
  • Scoham said:
    Yeah, he's a breath of fresh air in a cynical world.

• Chunes said:
    VFR4life said:
    As said my source inside the club is credible…
    Nice one. Appreciate that.

Every time you post something from now on, you're gonna have 8-9 other people suddenly saying: "That's what I've heard as well."
    And someone repeat it 3 days later....... 
  • Scoham said:
    Really  ??  I'm starting to think the opposite. Too faux positive. As someone posted months ago, just sounds like the "really brilliant !!!! " bloke from the Fast Show. Cheesy peas anyone...?
    You sound like you'd love the manager to be Russell Slade. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Jeez - 5 minutes with you must be so depressing 
    You reckon anyone made it to 5 minutes?
    Fair point - his comments on match threads are bad enough, but that comment was - well - bottom of the barrel !!!
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Anybody else heard this Ronnie  has gone.
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
    I cant remember receiving a certificate, for contributing to buy Ronnie Moore, but a friend said I should be certified.

If memory serves me right, you had to donate a whole pound to get a certificate 😊
    I threw my £1 into a blanket. Never hot a certificate.  
    I could be wrong but I think there was a minimum donation for the certificate but you could donate anything. Not sure if the minimum was a tenner or a fiver. Does anybody else remember or did I dream it!
    I paid a quid & got a certificate.
    I was robbed.
  • Maguire? He'll bring the average age right back up again. 

I can't be the only person to wonder if Maguire or someone similar is going to replace the homesick Ronnie Schwartz ?

• It’ll be interesting to see how he does in pre season. Feels a bit like the signing of Simon Walton. But what do I know. 
    Good luck George. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CA1975FC said:
    Mullin only 26 so coming into his prime it would seem 

Lyle XXXXX was 27 when he had his first good season as a goalscorer at Wimbledon  and his time at Charlton was successful until the injury and the big contract turned his head.

If you can score in League 2, you can score in League 1 IF you can be used around and in the box with a good service.
    Just a hunch but I feel Ronnie Schwartz will be staying home ?
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cawley just confirmed still in talks with Matthews and JFC. 
    Talking is good

Talking is good and so is walking according to Nigel, and Ben Watson. :o
  • arny23394 said:
    Another one from Mr. Reliable. 
    “All cost more than they want to pay” Apart  free transfers every player costs more than clubs WANT to pay.
    Gills quoted us a deal worth 1mill for Tucker 
    You said Dobson was going to cost £250,000. I think you are just making it up.
    That was his valuation that Wimbledon were going to pay ….. 
    why would Wimbledon be quoted £250k? It was reported he was going to be available on a free, Wimbledon offered him a contract which he turned down. 
  • Scoham said:
    I know what you mean but, Lord I've worked for bosses who who were totally negative and couldn't inspire me. They absolutely sucked the life out of me and made it a misery to go into work. That is something that can never be aimed at Adkins. 
  • As if Wimbledon were going to pay 250k but thanks to our super negotiation skills, a club in debt settled for zero.
  • RedRobin said:
    arny23394 said:
    Another one from Mr. Reliable. 
    “All cost more than they want to pay” Apart  free transfers every player costs more than clubs WANT to pay.
    Gills quoted us a deal worth 1mill for Tucker 
    You said Dobson was going to cost £250,000. I think you are just making it up.
    That was his valuation that Wimbledon were going to pay ….. 
    why would Wimbledon be quoted £250k? It was reported he was going to be available on a free, Wimbledon offered him a contract which he turned down. 
    Wimbledon were quoted 250,000 in May .. what’s happened between then and now ??
  • Addicks59 said:
    Compare this guy to bowyer must be a totally  different  atmosphere  around club brilliant.Center back in today or tomorrow fingers crossed it is tucker.
    Agree. Must create a much more positive environment.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!