Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    arny23394 said:
    Another one from Mr. Reliable. 
    “All cost more than they want to pay” Apart  free transfers every player costs more than clubs WANT to pay.
    Gills quoted us a deal worth 1mill for Tucker 
    You said Dobson was going to cost £250,000. I think you are just making it up.
    That was his valuation that Wimbledon were going to pay ….. 
    why would Wimbledon be quoted £250k? It was reported he was going to be available on a free, Wimbledon offered him a contract which he turned down. 
    Wimbledon were quoted 250,000 in May .. what’s happened between then and now ??
    Source?  There are loads of articles from local rags linking him with a move back to Wimbledon and leaving Sunderland since April.  Not a single one quotes a fee, let alone that exact one. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Simon Walton? He cost us £1m from Leeds and was useless. George is coming on a free and has over 100 appearances in league 1, no comparison 😂
    You’re right. I’m talking out of my arse. Think it’s the humidity. 
  • Scoham said:
    A good signing but not a particularly ambitious one. Can't see how that fits in with winning the league this season, let alone being in the champions League in five years. That's just the kind of signing we'd have had under RD.
    Obviously there's more to come this window. I hope they're of a higher profile than this.
    It’s about how they fit together as a team. Powell’s signings of players like Matt Taylor and Andy Hughes didn’t scream ambition but played big parts in our title win.
    Dobson might even end up POTY for all I know. Anyone like to have a wager on that?
    Anyway, fair point.
  • Just read 20 pages in one go and now feel shattered.

I personally feel we shouldn't go in for Mullins as he is now 41 and Dobson can play the defensive midfield role. We wouldn't want to open the Purse too wide. Though if we do sign Hayden better late than never.
    On second thoughts, Never. 

Also glad we didn't get Boyle as he can't pus the ball.

Camera is said to have a good range finder with his passing but I'm not sure about his depth of field vision.

Tucker would be a non goer for me as we are trying to attract families back to the valley and his signature tune may be iffy.

If we didn't have a rumours page we would have to make one up.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    arny23394 said:
    “All cost more than they want to pay” Apart  free transfers every player costs more than clubs WANT to pay.
    why would Wimbledon be quoted £250k? It was reported he was going to be available on a free, Wimbledon offered him a contract which he turned down. 
    Source?  There are loads of articles from local rags linking him with a move back to Wimbledon and leaving Sunderland since April.  Not a single one quotes a fee, let alone that exact one. 
    A physio who was set to do part of the medical on him for Wimbledon just over a week ago my brother in law is under him at his own surgery for back problems ( he works at Charlton sometimes and other clubs ) 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    arny23394 said:
    A physio who was set to do part of the medical on him for Wimbledon just over a week ago my brother in law is under him at his own surgery for back problems ( he works at Charlton sometimes and other clubs ) 
    Nice of Sunderland to waive £250K to send him to a rival a week after a non-rival was happy to pay it...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    arny23394 said:
    Nice of Sunderland to waive £250K to send him to a rival a week after a non-rival was happy to pay it...
    I expect there clauses in the deal further down the line that Sunderland will benefit from 

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2021/july/george-dobson-leaves-sunderland-afc

There is no "deal" 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    arny23394 said:
    I expect there clauses in the deal further down the line that Sunderland will benefit from 

What are you actually going on about? Sunderland released him.
  • edited July 2021
    Updates:

CEL goes green with one more signing this week. 
    Charlton43, VFR4Life both also go green with confirming it is Robson... I let the date slide for the latter. 

• Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    arny23394 said:

Please stop. You’re even making a mockery of trolls. 
  • Scoham said:
    You seriously can't help but warm to the guy! 
    Really  ??  I'm starting to think the opposite. Too faux positive. As someone posted months ago, just sounds like the "really brilliant !!!! " bloke from the Fast Show. Cheesy peas anyone...?
    I know what you mean but, Lord I've worked for bosses who who were totally negative and couldn't inspire me. They absolutely sucked the life out of me and made it a misery to go into work. That is something that can never be aimed at Adkins. 
    Totally understand & agree with you, but conversley I wouldn't want to work somewhere where everyday the boss came in with cheesy one-liners about staying upbeat & positive. Yes, I'm all for being "up for it" and having a laugh & a joke, but I don't need to hear someone spouting stuff like they've got it out of a quote book. 

Positivism is great when it's natural & not forced imo. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Stockley, the keeper and dobson all seem like what Big Ron would have called 'solid citizens' - don't seem to be any history of injuries, are the right ages, have experience of the division and look like no frills, robust types - hopefully a move away from some of the 'gambles' we have maybe had to take in the last few years.  
    To be fair that's not the worst way to go about business, getting a solid core of reliable professional types and then afterwards you can bring in the stylish creative players.

Don't bother with the bodywork until the engine is running properly, as it were (sorry it's not a house analogy.)
  • Scoham said:
    Really  ??  I'm starting to think the opposite. Too faux positive. As someone posted months ago, just sounds like the "really brilliant !!!! " bloke from the Fast Show. Cheesy peas anyone...?
    I know what you mean but, Lord I've worked for bosses who who were totally negative and couldn't inspire me. They absolutely sucked the life out of me and made it a misery to go into work. That is something that can never be aimed at Adkins. 
    Totally understand & agree with you, but conversley I wouldn't want to work somewhere where everyday the boss came in with cheesy one-liners about staying upbeat & positive. Yes, I'm all for being "up for it" and having a laugh & a joke, but I don't need to hear someone spouting stuff like they've got it out of a quote book. 

Well it looks pretty natural to me.

I can guarantee that if any of my old bosses came in everyday with his views, I'd love it. And then take the piss out of him mercilessly.
  • Scoham said:

It all seems pretty natural to me. Some people are just like that. If it bothers you that much golfie, just don't watch the videos or comment on it.
  • Dobson welcome to cafc.
  • Look forward to seeing him in action, and also how Nigel sets the team up.
  • Scoham said:

It all seems pretty natural to me. Some people are just like that. If it bothers you that much golfie, just don't watch the videos or comment on it.
    I have avoided them up until today, having watched the first couple, but it caught me a bit unawares as I thought he was unveiling a new signing. If he really does this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY then God forbid & I assure you I wont be watching any more. 

Anyway, not to derail this thread, as I'm sure we will be announcing another wonder signing any day now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• A name that was mentioned on here was Jack Marriot, well it won't be him as he's just re-signed at P'Boro. Could be amazing for somebody if his body can hold up, he's still only 26.

• DOUCHER said:
    Stockley, the keeper and dobson all seem like what Big Ron would have called 'solid citizens' - don't seem to be any history of injuries, are the right ages, have experience of the division and look like no frills, robust types - hopefully a move away from some of the 'gambles' we have maybe had to take in the last few years.  
    Absolutely spot on.

Curbs in the 90s, our signings would very rarely get the pulses racing, but it was what was needed.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:

I have avoided them up until today, having watched the first couple, but it caught me a bit unawares as I thought he was unveiling a new signing. If he really does this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY then God forbid & I assure you I wont be watching any more. 

Anyway, not to derail this thread, as I'm sure we will be announcing another wonder signing any day now. 
    We're not a wonder signing kind of club. We NEVER have been, I expect we NEVER will be. We don't draw the attention of the real Sheikh's or the multi billionaire's that want to waste their money. 

If that's what you desire so much, why do you choose to remain a Charlton "Supporter"? (in the loosest term, because you don't seem that supportive of the club) 

It's bewildering. 

Maybe just look at what we are, the little London club known for being family friendly and having a good bout in the Premier League in the 2000's days.  Maybe use that to set your expectations, not the stories of the mega wealthy clubs. 
    that's bang out of order. How do you know how supportive he is of the Club? I know how much travelling up and down the country he's done supporting the team over many, many years, I've been with him on too many occasions to remember, and the lengths he's gone to to do so, so I don't think you comment is in any way fair. Yes he can come across as miserable and glass nearly empty and I disagree with a lot of what he posts but don't call in to question his commitment to the Club.
    Does he have a season ticket though?  :#
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Anybody else heard this Ronnie  has gone.
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
    I cant remember receiving a certificate, for contributing to buy Ronnie Moore, but a friend said I should be certified.

If memory serves me right, you had to donate a whole pound to get a certificate 😊
    I threw my £1 into a blanket. Never hot a certificate.  
    I could be wrong but I think there was a minimum donation for the certificate but you could donate anything. Not sure if the minimum was a tenner or a fiver. Does anybody else remember or did I dream it!
    I paid a quid & got a certificate.
    Same here. Total raised was £8,000, or was that the transfer fee? 
    Ronnie cost £30k with £8k raised. Lennie had sold Steve White for £45k and also brought in Steve Dowman for £15k.
  • Is pigott still a free? 
  • LTKapal said:
    Is pigott still a free? 
    Yes , bit surprised we haven't seen him confirmed with a championship club. 
  • edited July 2021
    LTKapal said:
    Is pigott still a free? 
    Yes, being linked with a couple of Championship clubs inc. Derby.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!