Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    Am losing interest in ongoing contract talks with JFC and Matthews....we must mean so much to them! Anybody else feel the same?

Wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if JFC were to go.
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Anybody else heard this Ronnie  has gone.
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
    I cant remember receiving a certificate, for contributing to buy Ronnie Moore, but a friend said I should be certified.
    He’s a legend

In Rotherham 😉
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
    I cant remember receiving a certificate, for contributing to buy Ronnie Moore, but a friend said I should be certified.
    He’s a legend

In Rotherham 😉
    And Tranmere. 
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore

• mendonca said:
    Jonniesta said:
    mendonca said:
    Am really not interested in ongoing contract talks with JFC and Matthews....we must mean so much to them!
    Very strange comment. You must take our first offer, otherwise you're disloyal... 
    It just feels like deja-vu with Matthews. I like him as a player, but he did the same last season, struggled to find a contract, then re-signed for us quite late in the summer. It showed in his performances as his L1 season was weaker than his Championship. 
    Yeah, fair point, I get that with Matthews, especially as I didn't feel his performances last year were at the same standard as in the Championship, but I still think he has a right to negotiate. JFC I'd like to think there's a solution which works for both parties. 
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore

So ashamed you blanked out your name 😉
  • edited June 2021
    I like JFC but if he is reluctant to sign a deal longer than 18 months which given his situation isn’t good for the club then I think he’s being a bit cheeky, or am I reading @Cafc43v3r post above.
  • If we can get a younger version of a Pratley or Watson with pace, then that is an improvement.  If we have an energetic CDM, that will fill a vital position in the team.  It may not be aiming particularly high, but it will be just one of the many players that we will see coming in, so we need to hold off judgement until all of our transfer activity has been completed.

As with others, I will take the Mackems views with a pinch of salt.  After all, Kermogant was rubbish according to Leicester fans at the time....
  • I like JFC but if he is reluctant to sign a deal longer than 18 months which given his situation isn’t good for the club then I think he’s being a bit cheeky, or am I reading @Cafc43v3r post above.
    think he's saying that JFC may feel that he can get a better 18 month deal in January when he is fit from elsewhere than a two year deal on the table from us now. If he feels that and walks away he runs the risk of not being fit in January and having missed out on at least the security of the two year deal from us. Given his recent history I think he'd be mad to walk away without a deal hoping he will be fit in January and can get one then. Who knows when he could actually be fit again. Without knowing all the in's and out's it seems to me like he's taking the piss a bit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I like JFC but if he is reluctant to sign a deal longer than 18 months which given his situation isn’t good for the club then I think he’s being a bit cheeky, or am I reading @Cafc43v3r post above.
    think he's saying that JFC may feel that he can get a better 18 month deal in January when he is fit from elsewhere than a two year deal on the table from us now. If he feels that and walks away he runs the risk of not being fit in January and having missed out on at least the security of the two year deal from us. Given his recent history I think he'd be mad to walk away without a deal hoping he will be fit in January and can get one then. Who knows when he could actually be fit again. Without knowing all the in's and out's it seems to me like he's taking the piss a bit. 
    Yeah I agree with that last bit like you say without knowing everything but looking from the outside in, he seems to be taking the piss. 
  • edited June 2021
    I like JFC but if he is reluctant to sign a deal longer than 18 months which given his situation isn’t good for the club then I think he’s being a bit cheeky, or am I reading @Cafc43v3r post above.
    On the face of it yes, but I suspect those ins and outs must be fairly significant. He's not good enough that he's guaranteed a better deal later on, especially with his injury record against him, so for him to be holding out suggests he has got some reservations - justified or otherwise.

Seems like a huge gamble unless he really doesn't feel like the current offer is a good one.
    The thing is, it wouldn't have to be January because free agents can sign outside the window. That's in a way quite problematic for him, because there is almost zero incentive therefore for any club to sign him up now while he won't be playing for months.

You would have to think we could be the only ones willing to sign him up now in fact.
  • Without knowing what his current deal (probably less than it ought to be) and what is now being offered, it is really hard to judge who is being reasonable or not. Add to that TS and NA’s shared objective to be in the Championship 22/23 season and whether NA rates JFC sufficiently highly for that level of demand and football, suddenly it becomes a bit clearer to me why this is quite a complicated/more difficult scenario to navigate.

Personally, I hope we retain him and at least two years are on the table with improved terms on his previous deal, so we can at least demonstrate we have stood by him while he recovers. If he thinks he can do better elsewhere and is confident of a full recovery and coming back stronger, no ill feelings. Football careers are short after all, 
  • If we don't treat him well, don't be surprised if there are more Solly/Lyle Taylor drops in commitment near the end of the season.
  • Without knowing what his current deal (probably less than it ought to be) and what is now being offered, it is really hard to judge who is being reasonable or not. Add to that TS and NA’s shared objective to be in the Championship 22/23 season and whether NA rates JFC sufficiently highly for that level of demand and football, suddenly it becomes a bit clearer to me why this is quite a complicated/more difficult scenario to navigate.

Personally, I hope we retain him and at least two years are on the table with improved terms on his previous deal, so we can at least demonstrate we have stood by him while he recovers. If he thinks he can do better elsewhere and is confident of a full recovery and coming back stronger, no ill feelings. Football careers are short after all, 
    I'm not bothered if he goes, I don't think he's that great and definitely not Championship standard, but if he stays I wouldn't give him an increase on year one of a contract as he's out until at least January 2022, maybe longer, and would be reluctant to increase even the second year unless he can categorically prove his fitness or play a certain number of games to trigger a second year.

Improving the terms on his previous deal would make him one of the highest earners in the squad. That is just not business sense considering he is likely to be out for most of next season and may not come back as well as last time.

We have offered him a reduction on his current deal (Still multiple thousands per week) with the second year seeing an increase to be in line with his current deal. Seems a very fair deal to me considering the situation, but it is also JFCs choice whether or not to accept that.

He seems to want a 1 year deal on his current wage but with no additional second year, presumably to weigh his options up next summer. As others have said this is a lose lose for the club as he could be paid for a year to get fit and then leave before contributing much.
    Surely he will only be that if the budget and associated salaries have remained the same? Might these have increased? I don’t know and would be interested to. IF we are trying to assemble a stronger squad, you’d expect the budget to rise and some players coming in to be on higher rem packages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do those players out of contract at end of June get paid in July?
    Yes.
    Bonkers. I'd love to have a contract and then carry on getting paid for another month after it has finished.

Footballers really aren't in the real world. 
    It's a hang over from a time when all players had one year contracts that were renewable by the clubs only and over which they had no control.

It is effectively a months notice money.

Whether that is right or wrong is debatable but it means players released who don't get new clubs at least have some sort of cushion and not all of them are on £Ms or even £Ks a week.
    Thanks. Interesting.

But time to reform the system now in 2021. There are a lot of people not on huge money who don't have this perk and no reason why footballers should still enjoy it. 
    That’s called levelling down. 
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore

The bit that you blanked out….Does it say Ronnie Moore underneath? 
  • No, Colin.
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore

Bloody hell! I chipped in for this and didn't get a certificate. Can I get my money back? 
  • edited June 2021
  • I had one of those certificates, I wish I had kept it. Same with the notification we would be playing at Sellout!
  • edited June 2021
    Love the idea of being able to chip in to help buy players then when they get sold you get your investment back plus profit. Would it stop me booing that player. Yes deffo!
    Luton fans decided to leave there season ticket money, from last season with the club to put towards a new player. That soon adds up if you've got 12000 people waiving £450.
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore

I was rather misguided and immature took a principled stand against contributing to that Ronnie Moore purchase.
    I copped the needle at the time, for one because Derek Hales, whose boots Moore wasn't fit to lace, was starting to get a lot of stick from those around me in the old West Stand.
    It offended me that the same people were urging me to contribute towards the purchase of some lumbering northern donkey, who I was convinced we only wanted because he scored 4 goals against our pony defence in a 5-1 thrashing.
    Obviously I was missing the point, but hey, I thought I knew everything then.
    I also was less than gracious to the old supporters club secretary (Treadgold?) when he approached me with the bucket too - which I am now deeply ashamed of. Ho hum!
  • Looks like we may have a fresh wave of red by the end of the week

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!