Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Looks like we may have a fresh wave of red by the end of the week

?
  • I assume he’s talking about the infamous list. Not a cryptic clue to further signings.
  • edited June 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

?
    On the ITK sheet. Though I do see how that could be misconstrued. 
  • shine166 said:
    Love the idea of being able to chip in to help buy players then when they get sold you get your investment back plus profit. Would it stop me booing that player. Yes deffo!
    Luton fans decided to leave there season ticket money, from last season with the club to put towards a new player. That soon adds up if you've got 12000 people waiving £450.
    Don't think their ground holds 12k let alone them have that many season tickets. 

Factor in those who don't want to give the money back, kids, OAPs, VAT etc and it comes down a lot but let's say 2,000 season tickets at £250 each. That is £500k  Not bad but not mega money either considering they have to pay his wages too
  • JamesSeed said:
    Do those players out of contract at end of June get paid in July?
    Yes.
    Bonkers. I'd love to have a contract and then carry on getting paid for another month after it has finished.

Footballers really aren't in the real world. 
    It's a hang over from a time when all players had one year contracts that were renewable by the clubs only and over which they had no control.

It is effectively a months notice money.

Whether that is right or wrong is debatable but it means players released who don't get new clubs at least have some sort of cushion and not all of them are on £Ms or even £Ks a week.
    Thanks. Interesting.

But time to reform the system now in 2021. There are a lot of people not on huge money who don't have this perk and no reason why footballers should still enjoy it. 
    That’s called levelling down. 
    Levelling down? LOL!

They have a contract. Good luck to them for earning whatever they can squeeze out of their employer during that time. (If clubs are stupid enough to pay a journeyman footballer £250k a year then so be it). When that contract is up, in my opinion the club has no responsibility to that player. He either signs another contract with the club or looks for one elsewhere.

Name me one other industry where when someone's contract expires his employer continues to pay him?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Got the decorators in then...?
  • edited June 2021
    shine166 said:
    Love the idea of being able to chip in to help buy players then when they get sold you get your investment back plus profit. Would it stop me booing that player. Yes deffo!
    Luton fans decided to leave there season ticket money, from last season with the club to put towards a new player. That soon adds up if you've got 12000 people waiving £450.
    Don't think their ground holds 12k let alone them have that many season tickets. 

Factor in those who don't want to give the money back, kids, OAPs, VAT etc and it comes down a lot but let's say 2,000 season tickets at £250 each. That is £500k  Not bad but not mega money either considering they have to pay his wages too
    10056 capacity, so maybe 8000 home fans. They sell out and have a ST waiting list, tickets are £400-500. Who pays the wages and how many are oaps (who still pay £300) isn't the point, its just a great gesture is what I'm saying... its still potentially a few mil that they didn't have before. 
  • I'm not sure if what is being quoted re JFC is true or not but if he is saying he only wants a 1 year contract and not 2 then he is taking the piss imo. He will be out for most of the year and then he can walk away on a free transfer ! If that is the facts then the club should cut him loose now imo as that isnt showing any loyalty back to the club
  • Dazzler21 said:

Got the decorators in then...?
    🤢🤢, sicked in my mouth a bit when I read that!! Something I didn’t think I’d read on here, but thinking  about it maybe not!🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    I'm not sure if what is being quoted re JFC is true or not but if he is saying he only wants a 1 year contract and not 2 then he is taking the piss imo. He will be out for most of the year and then he can walk away on a free transfer ! If that is the facts then the club should cut him loose now imo as that isnt showing any loyalty back to the club
    If that are the facts, is a pretty big if.

JFC, and his agent, would have a good idea of what he was worth in terms of wages before he got injured.  He would of have either resigned with us or gone to a smallish championship club or another biggish league 1 club.  Almost certainly on more than he was on.

If he was on 4k (guessing) and we have offered him less, with no flexibility on the second year, I personally don't think he is taking the piss.  If that's what's happening.

If this is indeed the issue I don't see how there can be a deal that both sides are happy with. 
  • Saw on Twitter that our old mate Bows wants JFC at Brum... strange signing from them if that's the case.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Saw on Twitter that our old mate Bows wants JFC at Brum... strange signing from them if that's the case.
    Wouldn't have surprised me pre injury , now that's a very surprising move.
  • AndyG said:
    I'm not sure if what is being quoted re JFC is true or not but if he is saying he only wants a 1 year contract and not 2 then he is taking the piss imo. He will be out for most of the year and then he can walk away on a free transfer ! If that is the facts then the club should cut him loose now imo as that isnt showing any loyalty back to the club
    And don't forget that once his year's contract is up, we can then pay him for another month.

Levelling down? It's taking the effing piss. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Saw on Twitter that our old mate Bows wants JFC at Brum... strange signing from them if that's the case.
    I’m surprised he hasn’t asked us to look after JFC’s recovery and medical bills.  I notice he doesn’t want Watson or Gunter though. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Wouldn't have surprised me pre injury , now that's a very surprising move.
    Is it that surprising? Bows always loved someone injury prone, now he's gravitated to a player whose outright injured
    Signing someone that might not play this season would be quite perculiar even for Bows. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    I expect it's all bullshit then if it's on Twitter. Some people do like to believe any old guff.
  • edited June 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    Do those players out of contract at end of June get paid in July?
    Yes.
    Bonkers. I'd love to have a contract and then carry on getting paid for another month after it has finished.

Footballers really aren't in the real world. 
    It's a hang over from a time when all players had one year contracts that were renewable by the clubs only and over which they had no control.

It is effectively a months notice money.

Whether that is right or wrong is debatable but it means players released who don't get new clubs at least have some sort of cushion and not all of them are on £Ms or even £Ks a week.
    Thanks. Interesting.

But time to reform the system now in 2021. There are a lot of people not on huge money who don't have this perk and no reason why footballers should still enjoy it. 
    That’s called levelling down. 
    Levelling down? LOL!

They have a contract. Good luck to them for earning whatever they can squeeze out of their employer during that time. (If clubs are stupid enough to pay a journeyman footballer £250k a year then so be it). When that contract is up, in my opinion the club has no responsibility to that player. He either signs another contract with the club or looks for one elsewhere.

Name me one other industry where when someone's contract expires his employer continues to pay him?
    I just think it’s niggly when people want someone else to be worse off. Many players in L1 aren’t on the big bucks, so if they get an extra month’s pay after being binned I say good luck to ‘em. 
    (And I doubt clubs would pay the extra month’s pay unless it was a contractual obligation).
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Cut the offer, he doesn’t want to be here and he’s injured AGAIN. Let’s take some pride back as a club and move on. 
    That seems to be a very one sided view considering we don't know what any of the terms are. One year on reduced terms to get fit again is reasonable but if he's being asked to sign for two years with no chance of improving the terms then he's allowed to be reluctant.
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Anybody else heard this Ronnie  has gone.
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
    I cant remember receiving a certificate, for contributing to buy Ronnie Moore, but a friend said I should be certified.

If memory serves me right, you had to donate a whole pound to get a certificate 😊
    I threw my £1 into a blanket. Never hot a certificate.  
    I could be wrong but I think there was a minimum donation for the certificate but you could donate anything. Not sure if the minimum was a tenner or a fiver. Does anybody else remember or did I dream it!
  • Pretty sure I paid £3 to get a certificate.
  • Dobson just described as 'a dog with a balloon, an absolute disaster of a player' by my Sunderland supporting mate...which is one of the funniest descriptions I've heard in a long time and made me smile...
    😂 The description is gold; in the hope of a more optimistic appraisal, I tried *my* Sunderland supporting mate, who offered a glimmer more hope:

“ He started off ok but his form just fell off a cliff. Originally at West Ham academy I think, went to Walsall, player of the year there and then to us.
    I wouldn't write him off just yet.”

So…maybe worth a punt?
  • edited June 2021
    I asked Rich about the Mullin link earlier and he said it could be clubs forcing his hand. 

Do clubs/agents wanting players to sign really tell Pete O'Rourke to tweet out Charlton are close to signing? Seems a bit bonkers to me. We have no history with the player like the Stockley/Pompey situation so I don't see how it would force him or another club into a decision
  • Mullin would be an excellent signing in my eyes.!
  • edited June 2021
    1 in soon

2 in after 1 in

4 after 2 + 1 in
  • If Dobson and Mullin are typical of the level of player that we are signing, we ain't gonna "blow this league out of the water."

Sorry, Thomas.

*Mods ... please file under 'Humble Pie' ... which I will be delighted to eat next May.*
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Anybody else heard this Ronnie  has gone.
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
    I cant remember receiving a certificate, for contributing to buy Ronnie Moore, but a friend said I should be certified.

If memory serves me right, you had to donate a whole pound to get a certificate 😊
    I threw my £1 into a blanket. Never hot a certificate.  
    I could be wrong but I think there was a minimum donation for the certificate but you could donate anything. Not sure if the minimum was a tenner or a fiver. Does anybody else remember or did I dream it!
    Think it was a minimum of £1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!