Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Rothko said:
    Mullins smacks me as the new Ajose
    Or the new Jamie Vardy  … 🤔
  • mendonca said:
    Mullin seems angry and hungry for that ball to hit the net. 
    He and I will get on well then
  • Vfrf said:
    I don’t know if anyone in here knows Cawley well but I always got the impression his relationship was with Bowyer. Not that there’s a negative one with the current crop but wondering if he isn’t always the first to know and these stories leak from other clubs first? Cambridge and Sunderland in this case.
    Even so, that's why I was curious as to why he was so definite that Mullin is a no go. If he hadn't heard either way, that would be one thing but he's outright said a definitive no. So I think he must have known something, albeit that may have changed.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Anybody else heard this Ronnie  has gone.
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
    One for the oldies that. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
  • edited June 2021
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://youtu.be/1LYUUYu9VXM

Obligatory goal compilation for Mullin 
    I mean fair play the lad can finish. Why not get excited about this signing? I know he's only done it for one season but at least he's in good form. Better compilation than most players we sign...
    Is it a better compilation than Ronnies ? I don't think so & yet most people are happy to write Ronnie off but happy to bring Mullin in. Yes some cracking finishing from Mullin for sure but League One promotion quality ? Not sure about that.
  • mendonca said:
    We're focusing and hanging on the build up to a potential wayyyyy too much. This ain't healthy! I remember the days of doing a full days work, getting the train home and checking newsnow for an update.
    ah, those were the days
  • Sponsored links:

• wouldn't bother folks, nothing new, in fact just a rehash of the 'Insider Football' piece.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://youtu.be/1LYUUYu9VXM

Obligatory goal compilation for Mullin 
    What's not to like? Can score pens and happy with either foot, clearly knows where the net is.

He looks like he would be a major asset, let's hope this is correct and we can hook him.

See fish puns as well. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cawley is the king of bad news. 
    In this case only if you see Mullin not being a target as bad news.

Would like to think we’re looking to bring in better.
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Am really not interested in ongoing contract talks with JFC and Matthews....we must mean so much to them!
    especially JFC, out till 2022 he can hardly be fighting off offers. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cawley just confirmed still in talks with Matthews and JFC. 
    Do we really need Matthews & Gunter ? Would rather bring in a younger RB.

Does JFC have a leg to stand on ? (Sorry that isn't a poor attempt at a joke) He's not going to get a contract anywhere else & I'm sure that the club will have made a decent offer given the situation. 
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
    I have mate, will try and dig it out 
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cawley just confirmed still in talks with Matthews and JFC. 
    Do we really need Matthews & Gunter ? Would rather bring in a younger RB.

Does JFC have a leg to stand on ? (Sorry that isn't a poor attempt at a joke) He's not going to get a contract anywhere else & I'm sure that the club will have made a decent offer given the situation. 
    The issue with JFC appears to be the second year.  If he thinks he can get an 18 month deal in January that pays more than the 2 year deal we are offering, or he can get a six month one and move again.

For multiple reason a one year contract is bad for the club.   Matthews is a funny one because he was, I think, the only player we signed last summer on a year with no option.

We are already at the stage were we have 6 players out of contract next summer. If these 2 both signed 1 year deals we would, again, have a 3rd of a squad out of contract.  Add in the loans and your back at half.  It can't continue. 
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I cant remember receiving a certificate, for contributing to buy Ronnie Moore, but a friend said I should be certified.
  • Shall we just ignore the Sunderland fans. 90% of players that sign there seem to fall apart and the same percentage pick back up after they leave - Matthews & Williams are two examples. There's something rotten about that club.

Lets instead focus on Walsall and AFC fans who rave about him... either way more good than bad overall.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!