Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• any clues?
  • Maccn05 said:
    I can't see Mullin being true unless Ronnie is off ( I hope so) as i've been told of another striker we are in for - we'd be delighted if it came off!

Like others I've been told 2 in this week and I hope one is Dobson and the other is Tucker or a quality CB.
    You cant do that come on cough up who... ;)
  • Read somewhere on here that Ronnie is training in Denmark? So maybe angling for a move over there...
  • To be fair there are some good finishes in that compilation but he doesn’t fill me with confidence in his penalty taking.
    Agree, some very good finishes from Mullin in the video, and seems to get into good positions, so worth a punt on a free, you can't argue with the figures, regarding the penalties agree, doesn't look great  but hey, we have Washington as our designated spot man, so not an issue.
  • We are a hard bunch to please sometimes a guy who smashed it last season broke records for league 2 helped get his team promoted and should be in on a free whats not to like
    I suspect it’s caution because we’ve been burnt by similar hot streak lower league strikers before. Nicky Ajose joined after scoring 24 in 38 at Swindon and disappointed (8 in 42). Paul Benson similarly from Dagenham. 
  • He still says we aren't in for Mullin but no response on Dobson still.
  • It makes me think Dobson is being worked on but not close enough that he wants to risk upsetting anyone by confirming it.
  • Scoham said:
    Cawley still saying Mullin isn’t a target.

Perhaps he wasn't originally as we were expecting Chuks to stay. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anybody else heard this Ronnie  has gone.
  • Interesting that Cawley is very definitely a no on Mullin - not a "not heard anything" but a definite no. I'd be inclined to take his word over anyone else at this point.

The conspicuous silence over Dobson suggests that something is happening there to me but that it's at an important stage where cards are being held close so not much to say as yet.
  • Perhaps things have changed and Cawley's info is out of date? If Ronnie has gone we'd need to replace him.
  • edited June 2021
    Who knows, maybe Cawley doesn't know as much as we all hope he does, targets change for the good and bad reasons regularly, so let's just wait and see, but, good signing if it happens.
  • Fuck me, if Sunderland aren't the template of an average L1 side, I don't know who are

• We're focusing and hanging on the build up to a potential wayyyyy too much. This ain't healthy! I remember the days of doing a full days work, getting the train home and checking newsnow for an update.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Paul Mullin:
    "I would have loved to stay forever. We tried to work things out but ultimately we just couldn't."
    "I would have loved to stay forever. We tried to work things out but ultimately other clubs in L1 will pay me more money."
  • edited June 2021
    Tbf he said that he tweeted a while back he wasn't a target, things may have changed. Especially as this link is today

I would be very surprised if Rich knows who we are after at the same time NA, SG and TS do

• Mullin seems angry and hungry for that ball to hit the net. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    I can't see Mullin being true unless Ronnie is off ( I hope so) as i've been told of another striker we are in for - we'd be delighted if it came off!

Like others I've been told 2 in this week and I hope one is Dobson and the other is Tucker or a quality CB.
    Mullin is the same risk as Schwartz tbh. We have Schwartz, so unless we're changing our game, I see no need. 
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Cawley is the king of bad news. 
    Cawley is usually the last to confirm a signing minutes before/after the club do too though. 
  • I said yesterday that I would love to sign Mullin. Saying that, I've now watched the obligatory goals compilation & think in another season he'd only score half of those. A lot of pens (that weren't that well taken) and a few scuffed shots that against a better defence wouldn't have gone in.

However, I can categorically state that he wont be signing for us purely on the basis that I have now watched said video. Always puts the mockers on things.... 
  • edited June 2021
  • VFR4life said:
    Is this morse code for Dobson has signed B)
  • I said yesterday that I would love to sign Mullin. Saying that, I've now watched the obligatory goals compilation & think in another season he'd only score half of those. A lot of pens (that weren't that well taken) and a few scuffed shots that against a better defence wouldn't have gone in.

However, I can categorically state that he wont be signing for us purely on the basis that I have now watched said video. Always puts the mockers on things.... 
    Perfect Bonne replacement:)
  • Tbf he said that he tweeted a while back he wasn't a target, things may have changed. Especially as this link is today

I would be very surprised if Rich knows who we are after at the same time NA, SG and TS do

I was thinking that. Maybe Schwartz is off so they've gone in for Mullin as a replacement. Definitely need another biggish striker to replace Chuks, couldn't have both Schwartz and Mullin in your 4 for me. 
  • I don’t know if anyone in here knows Cawley well but I always got the impression his relationship was with Bowyer. Not that there’s a negative one with the current crop but wondering if he isn’t always the first to know and these stories leak from other clubs first? Cambridge and Sunderland in this case.
  • Never heard of Mullins, i will wait and see and trust the gaffer and Gallen. Nice that we are getting people in, i don't necessarily think we need a marquee signing at this level to get out the division and thats all that matters. 
    The big question for me is are we going to get a midfield playmaker. For me this will be key to our success or not. If we do get a marquee signing this is for me where it needs to be. 
  • Never heard of Mullins, i will wait and see and trust the gaffer and Gallen. Nice that we are getting people in, i don't necessarily think we need a marquee signing at this level to get out the division and thats all that matters. 
    The big question for me is are we going to get a midfield playmaker. For me this will be key to our success or not. If we do get a marquee signing this is for me where it needs to be. 
    The kind of signings we are making/linked with (Stockley as the target/hold-up striker, Dobson as a holding mid) suggest that there is a system in mind and to me the "missing" piece is this playmaker/goal-scoring midfielder. JFC could potentially have been pushed forward if he was fit, but we definitely need someone for that role.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!