Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I'm not sure Mullin would be an Ajose situation. Ajose was our marquee signing and the main man to get us goals. Stockley will be our main man up top this season. I'd see this more as an Aneke replacement, or Schwarz maybe, if he's off.
  • Do those players out of contract at end of June get paid in July?
    Yes.
    Bonkers. I'd love to have a contract and then carry on getting paid for another month after it has finished.

Footballers really aren't in the real world. 
    It's a hang over from a time when all players had one year contracts that were renewable by the clubs only and over which they had no control.

It is effectively a months notice money.

Whether that is right or wrong is debatable but it means players released who don't get new clubs at least have some sort of cushion and not all of them are on £Ms or even £Ks a week.
    Thanks. Interesting.

But time to reform the system now in 2021. There are a lot of people not on huge money who don't have this perk and no reason why footballers should still enjoy it. 
  • RedRobin said:

Probably the only one as reliable as Cawley.  Excited by this but as someone already said he’s nailed on to be Charltonised by Christmas and loaned out after only scoring 2 goals in the Papa John’s Trophy.
  • How many Utd fans said Levitt was the best passer of the ball they have seen ?
  • Valley11 said:
    Wonder if Mullins replaces Ronnie?
    Someone will have to decide what to do with Ronnie, whether he will come good now he's more settled or whether it's better to accept the move didn't work

It's weird how Mullins came good out of nowhere. It's not as if he let his contract run down at Cambridge, as last summer they only gave him a 1 year deal!
  • looks a Schwartz type player to me, can finish too. 
  • Only Charlton fans could mull over this signing
  • Something seems amiss here.
    I have just read the Sunderland fans site. The vast majority posting are over the moon that Charlton are prepared to take George off their hands.

The general opinion is that he is shite.

Lets hope that Nigel Adkins has seen something in him, that George has never shown at Sunderland.

Sunderland fans think McGeady is God.
  • We are a hard bunch to please sometimes a guy who smashed it last season broke records for league 2 helped get his team promoted and should be in on a free whats not to like
    His poor goalscoring record prior to last season is a concern.

What type of striker is he? If he’s a pure poacher it’s taken him a long time to have a good season which suggests he’s not a natural goalscorer.

If that’s his game then I don’t see room for him and Schwartz in the squad, they won’t get many starts assuming NA sticks to a form of 4-5-1.

I feel we need another physical striker now that Chuks has gone as an alternative to Stockley. We could also do with a genuine pacey striker who could perhaps also play out wide.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    To be fair there are some good finishes in that compilation but he doesn’t fill me with confidence in his penalty taking.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://youtu.be/1LYUUYu9VXM

Obligatory goal compilation for Mullin 
    I don’t get it. He looks like the biz-o . Why isn’t he playing higher ?
  • MarcusH26 said:

I don’t get it. He looks like the biz-o . Why isn’t he playing higher ?
    Because this is the first season it's clicked for him
  • Richard J said:
    This talk of his time at Sunderland may not be as good a guide as what he achieved at Walsall and Wimbledon  

How many Bournemouth fans would have welcomed Simon Francis based on our views? 
    Exactly this - it's interesting to see other fan's opinions but a) they can be wrong and b) even if they are right about how a player has been for them, doesn't mean he won't be better somewhere else.

Leicester fans didn't rate Michael Morrison or Yann Kermogant, they did well for us.

We'd have slated Simon Frnacis or Leon Clarke but they did well after leaving.
  • Take the best from below you. Mullin makes so much sense.
  • Never heard of Mullins, i will wait and see and trust the gaffer and Gallen. Nice that we are getting people in, i don't necessarily think we need a marquee signing at this level to get out the division and thats all that matters. 
  • Don’t think the step between League 1 and 2 is that steep, especially from some of the dross I watched last season. Just depends on how we use him and the service he gets.
  • So do we reckon the two players in are Dobson & Mullin? Are we still in for Tucker?
  • Are the 2 being announced today or tomorrow?
  • Sponsored links:

• We are a hard bunch to please sometimes a guy who smashed it last season broke records for league 2 helped get his team promoted and should be in on a free whats not to like
    Because he’s been a pretty rubbish League Two striker his entire career before last season. At 26, it’s the first time he’s ever got into double digits. 

Some strikers just fit the right club at the right time, similar with Ajose at Swindon. Let’s not forget he scored a lot of goals in a one league higher than Mullin. 

If he signs he’ll have my full backing, although it does seem the cheap route of replacing Chuks. 
  • Only concern for Mullin is whether we have someone of the same quality as Wes Hoolahan supplying him like he had last season!
  • Paul Mullin:
    "I would have loved to stay forever. We tried to work things out but ultimately we just couldn't."
  • MarcusH26 said:

I mean fair play the lad can finish. Why not get excited about this signing? I know he's only done it for one season but at least he's in good form. Better compilation than most players we sign...
  • Weird that Cawley hasn’t come out and confirmed/denied rumours 
    Because he’s been a pretty rubbish League Two striker his entire career before last season. At 26, it’s the first time he’s ever got into double digits. 

Some strikers just fit the right club at the right time, similar with Ajose at Swindon. Let’s not forget he scored a lot of goals in a one league higher than Mullin. 

If he signs he’ll have my full backing, although it does seem the cheap route of replacing Chuks. 
    Yea i get that but every good player/striker has to have a breakout season at some point if they are going to move up we cant think everyone is in the same bracket as Ajose and be negative and by all accounts that was a pretty remarkable season he has just had 

i doubt he would be a chuks replacement anyway as hes a different type of player and i dont see schwartz being here come the start and expect another striker ontop even if mullin comes in

so possibly

stockley 
    washington
    mullin
    * and another

i would take that if we have a creative scoring midfield ontop with good wingers providing
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!