Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedJohn said:
    VFR4life said:
    George Dobson signing 
    He was pictured training with Sunderland today.
    Ermmm........what difference does that make?
    If there’s negotiations going on I have no doubt his agent will be dealing with it..
    He’s doing what his contract demands whilst at the same time getting himself as fit as possible for the season ahead, whoever that may be with.
  • I’d be happy with Dobson. AFC fans speak highly of him and for the type and profile we want.

who do we want as RB to replace Matthew’s? Can’t really think of anyone. I liked the lad at Ipswich we were linked too Vincent- Young or maybe get Wiredu back
  • Striker, Muller of Germany?
  • Any truth that Matthews gone back to Sunderland … not seen anything that suggests this is correct ?? 
    Suppose we will find out about him and JFC tomorrow 
    Why tomorrow? Tomorrow is no more significant than any other day.
  • Any truth that Matthews gone back to Sunderland … not seen anything that suggests this is correct ?? 
    Contract ends tomorrow. 
    And why are you expecting to hear definitively about JFC or Matthews tomorrow? Their situations could drag on for a few weeks yet. All we will know for sure tomorrow is that their contracts with us would have ended but other than that we will probably be none the wiser.
    Contract ends tomorrow. 
    And why are you expecting to hear definitively about JFC or Matthews tomorrow? Their situations could drag on for a few weeks yet. All we will know for sure tomorrow is that their contracts with us would have ended but other than that we will probably be none the wiser.
    After tomorrow if they don’t sign then they have left the club and are free agents …. 
    Who might still sign a contract with us.......
    Contract ends tomorrow. 
    After tomorrow if they don’t sign then they have left the club and are free agents …. 
    They've been "free" to sign for another club once the season finished. Many many players have done so. Just look at the BBC football page & the amount of "free" transfers there have been since May. 

They also get paid in July by us, so even more reason they wont do anything in haste. You only have to look at Ben Reeves to see how long these things can drag out. 
  • They will still likely be training with us too...

Well not JFC
    Contract ends tomorrow. 
    They've been "free" to sign for another club once the season finished. Many many players have done so. Just look at the BBC football page & the amount of "free" transfers there have been since May. 

They also get paid in July by us, so even more reason they wont do anything in haste. You only have to look at Ben Reeves to see how long these things can drag out. 
    What??? We still paying Ben reeves!!!😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

Contract ends tomorrow. 

They won’t be paid they will officially be without a club as off July 1st … 
    Contract ends tomorrow. 

Nope their contract ends but they are also paid for July.........
    Contract ends tomorrow. 

They are paid in July by their former club if they haven't found a new one 
  • cfgs said:
    Any truth that Matthews gone back to Sunderland … not seen anything that suggests this is correct ?? 
    Contract ends tomorrow. 

So long as they're without a club I believe, or it is pro rated from when they sign a contract. (Probably wrong)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Any truth that Matthews gone back to Sunderland … not seen anything that suggests this is correct ?? 
    Contract ends tomorrow. 

So long as they're without a club I believe, or it is pro rated from when they sign a contract. (Probably wrong)
    Yes they are paid unless they have a new club already.
  • edited June 2021
    Well we won't be signing Jorge Grant, he's signed for Posh.

The article says a lot of clubs were in for him, I wonder if that included us?

The good thing is it weakens Lincoln and if he was a target for us it may help move other deals along.

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/june/posh-swoop-for-in-demand-grant2/
  • Scoham said:

The good thing is it weakens Lincoln and if he was a target for us it may help move other deals along.

Another league 1 player heading for the Championship. Not a lot we can do I suppose.....but of course it didnt matter that we didnt go up last season - it was a free hit for TS and there is always this season......🤭🤔😏
  • edited June 2021
    Do those players out of contract at end of June get paid in July?
  • Scoham said:

Another league 1 player heading for the Championship. Not a lot we can do I suppose.....but of course it didnt matter that we didnt go up last season - it was a free hit for TS and there is always this season......🤭🤔😏
    Completely cocking it up last season was always going to have these repercussions, I too couldn’t believe people weren’t bothered by another season in league 1. The players people are saying they are sad are leaving didn’t  give a shit then, and they don’t give a shit now and are buggering off, like bowyer( thank god). Bring on the new ones that want to be with us I’d say.
  • paulfox said:
    Scoham said:

Completely cocking it up last season was always going to have these repercussions, I too couldn’t believe people weren’t bothered by another season in league 1. The players people are saying they are sad are leaving didn’t  give a shit then, and they don’t give a shit now and are buggering off, like bowyer( thank god). Bring on the new ones that want to be with us I’d say.
    Quite ironic, the ones lol’ing are probably the bed wetters complaining we haven’t signed enough players!!🤣 let’s see what we get by the time we kick off the first game. My trust is in Ts.
  • Sponsored links:

• I assume if Matthews and JFC don't sign a contract by tomorrow, that on the 1st July it will be announced that they have left us, but we could also say that they are still training with us (Matthews) or under our medical care (JFC).

It wouldn't stop them re-signing with us of course, which Jonny did in 2019
  • Scoham said:

Disappointing but I’d rather Conor McGrandles from Lincoln in a midfield 3 with one other (ideally Fraser).
  • Do those players out of contract at end of June get paid in July?
    Yes.
  • edited June 2021
    Contract ends tomorrow. 
     I never said  I personally was but after tomorrow  there are no restraints,  indeed one really tomorrow . Why leave it so late
    There are no restrains now.....or last week   or even last month. How do you think we signed MacGillivray & Wigan signed Amos  ? 
  • His wage demands might be out of our reach but I'd love to see us go in for Famara Diedhiou as a replacement for Chuks. Always chips in with goals and is a real physical presence. Joined Bristol City for 5mil so no doubt was on a decent wedge and probably more likely to go back to France but worth an enquiry I'd say. 
  • Transfer is set to be finalised ‘soon’!

Wish people wouldn't give credibility to those internet-trawling accounts 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!