Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Any truth that Matthews gone back to Sunderland … not seen anything that suggests this is correct ?? 
    Suppose we will find out about him and JFC tomorrow 
    I’ve heard Cardiff 
    Listed. (Matthews to Cardiff)

CAFCDAZ said:
    2 incoming over the next 2 days I've heard. No names mentioned however, trying to find that out
    Listed.
    The horse actually said 2 in 4 days, potentially 3. Dobson wasn't denied or confirmed. A CM was however.
  • Chunes said:
    thenewbie said:
    Chunes said:
    It sounds like he lacks technical ability. I did think we'd be building a more technically able team this year as I understood NA likes to pass the ball. 
    I see him as being used in the Pratley role of a midfield destroyer type, breaking up play and protecting the defence. This allows whoever else is on midfield to be the more creative, roaming type and get forward more without being as concerned about defensive duties.

So while he may not be a playmaker or super technical, he (or someone similar) could still fit into a passing, technical team.
    Like I say, I thought we'd be building a more technical team. We saw last year what having a Pratley type does to the midfield. Having one below standard passer of the ball can really slow down the fluidity of the team. It's like throwing a spanner in the engine.

I guess NA is just building a side to get out of the division and it's likely not going to be pretty. And to be fair, in this division, when is it ever. 
    I feel like this could be doing him a disservice potentially. There's a large difference between "below standard passer" and sending raking balls through the defence every time. If he can keep it simple and effective and do a job for the team, doesn't need to be racking up goals or assists.
  • Something seems amiss here.
    I have just read the Sunderland fans site. The vast majority posting are over the moon that Charlton are prepared to take George off their hands.

The general opinion is that he is shite.

Lets hope that Nigel Adkins has seen something in him, that George has never shown at Sunderland.

• Something seems amiss here.
    I have just read the Sunderland fans site. The vast majority posting are over the moon that Charlton are prepared to take George off their hands.

The general opinion is that he is shite.

Lets hope that Nigel Adkins has seen something in him, that George has never shown at Sunderland.

I've seen it said Sunderland used him as box-to-box, where as AFCW and Walsall used him in his natural CDM position. If you play somebody out of position they usually are shite.
  • They are now saying that we are in pole position to sign Paul Mullin.
  • PWADDICK said:

Football Insider again
    “Goal machine” - I like the sound of that!
  • Sunderland fans think all of their players are rubbish! The only person they give credit to is McGeady!
  • Sunderland fans are some of the most clueless fans in the country
  • se9addick said:
    PWADDICK said:

Football Insider again
    “Goal machine” - I like the sound of that!
    Only last season in L2, before that he was a Charlton style non-goalscoring striker (I assume he didn’t play in a other position!).

Cawley said we weren’t after Mullin weeks ago so interesting to see him being linked again.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought NA’s team selections to suit his preferred formations and style was sound at the end of last season. If he is seeing qualities in players for specific positions and playing styles that he likes, that’s good enough for me. I don’t care what other fans think one way or the other. It is about what we are building and getting the right mix together.
  • edited June 2021
    Also, Dobson was very highly rated at West Ham didn't work out for him there but I don't mind signings like this. It could be what we need in breaking up play and the dirty side of the game.
  • Mullins is lazy journalism I think. 2+2=5 
  • Sunderland fans would slag off Ronaldo or Messi if they had them just remember there Northern there's not much they do like 
  • Would be surprised if there's anything in the Mullin rumours , doesn't exactly fit how I'd expect us to play and strikes me as a bit of a one season wonder. 
  • Mullins is lazy journalism I think. 2+2=5 
    Pete O'Rourke normally gets it right to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    edit apologies someone already posted 
  • Alf Ramsey told Jack Charlton to win the ball and give it to someone who can play football. Just saying.
  • The big difference with Ajose is that he was signed as our main striker. Would expect Mullins to be competing with Washington and Schwartz for that second forward role when we play two up front or coming off the bench when we need a goal. 
  • Interesting if we do sign Mullin. We'll have a penalty taker finally.

I wonder how he fits in the team if he does sign? I thought Nigel liked a 4231 
  • Wonder if Mullins replaces Ronnie?
  • Paul mullin reminds me of Paul Benson for some reason. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!