Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Can’t see us being in for Maguire at 32 years of age. That one doesn’t make sense, unless we’re extremely struggling to bring in a winger. 

George Dobson sounds like a young Darren Pratley, can’t say I’m excited but he wouldn’t be the first signing to prove me wrong. Very little risk being a free transfer. 
  • Rothko said:
    Sunderland fans have some of the worst takes going on their players.
    They really do, Charlie Wyke got them 26 league goals last season and I still saw some of their fans slating him 
    Wyke is possibly the most one dimensional player I have ever seen.  Makes Stockley look like Bernardo Silva with his feet.  In fact both of Wykes feet are worse than Silva's right. 
  • From a womble

Really? He was brilliant for us. Really really good. We offered him a contract but he wanted more money (quelle surprise). Played v well under Robinson once he was used correctly. Really Good signing, London lad who wants to come back to london
    Is this Dobson we're reporting on?
  • thenewbie said:
    From a womble

Really? He was brilliant for us. Really really good. We offered him a contract but he wanted more money (quelle surprise). Played v well under Robinson once he was used correctly. Really Good signing, London lad who wants to come back to london
    Yeah it is
  • VFR4life said:
    My pals unsure whether it’s a perm or a loan, signed and trained today though
    Which one ?
  • Rothko said:
    Sunderland fans have some of the worst takes going on their players.
    This is true, the stick Wyke gets you’d think he scored 2 all season.
  • edited June 2021
    I suggested Dobson early on in the thread .

I became aware of him when he was at Walsall and was impressed when he played against us .

I thought he was good against us for the Wombles and it is significant that their form improved after he signed .

IMHO a better option than Cousins .
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought I would do a whoscored comparison between him and the defense mid I wanted us to sign Camara. 

Not much in it at all, very impressive stats for the last 8 games or so
  • Chunes said:
    Sounds like literally young D-Prats. A big unit in midfield to act as a spoiler/destroyer, just not a creative type at all.
  • thenewbie said:
    From a womble

yep
  • VFR4life said:
    My pals unsure whether it’s a perm or a loan, signed and trained today though
    Yeah Im not sure about that if this is anything to go by?!?!  He is apparently back training with Sunderland. 

It’s dated today so likely taken yesterday so unless things have moved since then I can’t see it being true. 
  • That is a good point. We don't have a defensive midfielder and it shows. Pratley and Watson only turned to pretend defensive midfielders with age.

• George Dobson in the background training with Sunderland this morning. 
  • I’m not going to make a judgement until napa says what he thinks.
    Napa will love him as he's under contract & therefore will command a fee - ££££ spent.
  • Sponsored links:

• From when we played Wimbledon back in March. I was too busy fuming at the lead we gave up to notice Dobson but will have to go back and watch it again. Also here it says he’s set to be released by Sunderland. Have they changed their minds now they think they can get a fee out of another club?
  • Link to the article that states picture is from today please?
  • mendonca said:
    Link to the article that states picture is from today please?
    Check for the date and time, both today. 
  • Richard J said:
    I suggested Dobson early on in the thread .

I became aware of him when he was at Walsall and was impressed when he played against us .

I thought he was good against us for the Wombles and it is significant that their form improved after he signed .

IMHO a better option than Cousins .
    and can play centre half if needed due to injuries/hanging onto a lead for the last 30 minutes.
  • mendonca said:
    Clearly he is still under contract there .

I suspect that they will be happy to offload him , but might want a fee .

Lets wait and see .
  • From a womble

Greedy snake more interested in money that football, glad we're getting rid of him

Oh, he's signing FOR us.

Good career move, London boy, welcome.
    I don't think we should ever sign anyone unless they publicly declare they have taken a pay cut and can prove it 
  • VFR4life said:
    George Dobson signing 
    He was pictured training with Sunderland today.
  • Richard J said:
    mendonca said:
    Clearly he is still under contract there .

I suspect that they will be happy to offload him , but might want a fee .

Lets wait and see .
    For sure - just interested in the picture from no specific article and somebody who seems to have a link to the Club and training ground. 
  • With that photo of Dobson, the only solid transfer rumour from today has been ruined by a camera 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!