Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Dave Rudd said:
    If Dobson and Mullin are typical of the level of player that we are signing, we ain't gonna "blow this league out of the water."

Sorry, Thomas.

*Mods ... please file under 'Humble Pie' ... which I will be delighted to eat next May.*
    Dobson a very good player and 6”1 is another tall person in the spine of the team . Mullin always a risk had two good seasons in his career .. good age ..5”9 very powerful you hope he the answer no one knows …. Plus he a free so nothing to lose 
  • mendonca said:
    1 in soon

2 in after 1 in

4 after 2 + 1 in
    Is that a new version of the hokey cokey ?
  • Dave Rudd said:
    If Dobson and Mullin are typical of the level of player that we are signing, we ain't gonna "blow this league out of the water."

Sorry, Thomas.

*Mods ... please file under 'Humble Pie' ... which I will be delighted to eat next May.*
    I’ll supply the custard!!😜
  • Any signings will be announced late morning tomorrow whilst I am having my biannual "Lose some weight you fat git!" lecture. Which is a fire service medical.
  • Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

Dobson a very good player and 6”1 is another tall person in the spine of the team . Mullin always a risk had two good seasons in his career .. good age ..5”9 very powerful you hope he the answer no one knows …. Plus he a free so nothing to lose 
    2 good seasons?  When was the other one? 
  • cfgs said:
    Any signings will be announced late morning tomorrow whilst I am having my biannual "Lose some weight you fat git!" lecture. Which is a fire service medical.
    Usually carried out by someone who is considerably larger than you…
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

When he was at Morecombe scored 22 goals 
  • Rylo said:
    cfgs said:
    Any signings will be announced late morning tomorrow whilst I am having my biannual "Lose some weight you fat git!" lecture. Which is a fire service medical.
    Not down in Kent all ex nurses with no sense of humour, but you being an LFB hero and me being a hedgehog we have differing views on fatness.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

25 League goals in 122 games.  That was over three seasons. 

Mullin hit 8, 9 and 8 in each of those League 2 seasons.

You're not Gallen's adviser, are you?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Saw on Twitter that our old mate Bows wants JFC at Brum... strange signing from them if that's the case.
    Wouldn't have surprised me pre injury , now that's a very surprising move.
    Is it that surprising? Bows always loved someone injury prone, now he's gravitated to a player whose outright injured
    Signing someone that might not play this season would be quite perculiar even for Bows. 
    Well he did it with Schwartz, Levitt, Madison and the Smith brothers.  He misses us so much that he's buying all our old donkeys that can't play
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Rylo said:
    cfgs said:
    Not down in Kent all ex nurses with no sense of humour, but you being an LFB hero and me being a hedgehog we have differing views on fatness.
    Definitely lacking in a sense of humour at this end too, believe me! Hope all goes well tomorrow mate. 🤞🏻
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

You mean the 3 seasons he was at Morecombe and scored 25 in 122 games with a season best of 9?

Or was it just one really long season? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

You mean the 3 seasons he was at Morecombe and scored 25 in 122 games with a season best of 9?

Maybe this is Mullin's strength?

He'll carry on for another 90 or 180 minutes ... long after everyone else has gone home.

That's the way to rack up the goals.
  • Mullin looks taller than 5'9" as well.
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Anybody else heard this Ronnie  has gone.
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
    I cant remember receiving a certificate, for contributing to buy Ronnie Moore, but a friend said I should be certified.

If memory serves me right, you had to donate a whole pound to get a certificate 😊
    I threw my £1 into a blanket. Never hot a certificate.  
    I could be wrong but I think there was a minimum donation for the certificate but you could donate anything. Not sure if the minimum was a tenner or a fiver. Does anybody else remember or did I dream it!
    I just chucked in my loose change, no idea how much that was
  • Dobson is a signing with a lot of potential upside, Mullin to me is the bigger risk, one hot season doesn’t make a striker you build a promotion around
  • cfgs said:
    At least it’s free. Over here I have to pay my doctor for that conversation. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

He'll carry on for another 90 or 180 minutes ... long after everyone else has gone home.

Reminds me of that season Kevin Lisbie scored 16 goals for us.  It was the 1996-2007 season. 
    At this level Lisbie was an excellent striker for Colchester and Orient.

We often forget that apart from a handful of games he played for us in the Premier League. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

Reminds me of that season Kevin Lisbie scored 16 goals for us.  It was the 1996-2007 season. 

We often forget that apart from a handful of games he played for us in the Premier League. 
    19 goals for Charlton in about 10 years. 
    That's all I have to say
  • Addickted said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Anybody else heard this Ronnie  has gone.
    Yes he got thrown out of the Clarendon Hotel after a non payment for the room he was staying in. 
    Serious or joke?
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore
    I think it’s @DaveMehmet who still has his certificate showing he contributed to buying Ronnie Moore !!
    I cant remember receiving a certificate, for contributing to buy Ronnie Moore, but a friend said I should be certified.

If memory serves me right, you had to donate a whole pound to get a certificate 😊
    I threw my £1 into a blanket. Never hot a certificate.  
    I could be wrong but I think there was a minimum donation for the certificate but you could donate anything. Not sure if the minimum was a tenner or a fiver. Does anybody else remember or did I dream it!
    I could only spare my last 30p, and didn't get a certificate. 
  • edited June 2021
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

It was a #*£_ING  joke no reflection on Lisbie at all 
  • Sage said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

19 goals for Charlton in about 10 years. 
    That's all I have to say
    But he’ll always have that incredible hat-trick.
    Glad you've popped up @Sage in your expert opinion how long after an ACL injury would you have a good idea it's going to be OK?

I know injury to 1st team football is normally 8-12 months.  But when would have a good idea that its going to be OK?  2, 3, 4 months?  Longer?  Straight after the op? 
  • Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.
    TS is saving his money for a Sancho bid.
  • Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.
    TS is saving his money for a Sancho bid.
    I think he has left it too late 
  • edited June 2021
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

Looking back however, did any of our players score above 10 for a season (barring Darren bent) in the premier league?

bartlett wasn’t prolific
    euell never scored as many as he seemed to do 
    JJ wasn’t crazy eithe
  • sammy391 said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Sorry, Thomas.

Looking back however, did any of our players score above 10 for a season (barring Darren bent)?

bartlett wasn’t prolific
    euell never scored as many as he seemed to do 
    JJ wasn’t crazy eithe
    In his first three seasons for us Euell scored 13, 11, 10
  • Rothko said:
    Dobson is a signing with a lot of potential upside, Mullin to me is the bigger risk, one hot season doesn’t make a striker you build a promotion around
    Why would be building a promotion around Mullin? He just had a good season in the league below, is available for free and I doubt his wage demands will be insane. We need a squad and not just an XI and he sounds like a player worth taking a chance on, although he’ll start fourth in the pecking order behind Stockley, Washington and Schwartz. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!