Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 
    Don't be silly. We've just signed Pompey's POTY.
    Perfectly aware of who he is and what he's done. On paper though we have stayed the same, we lost our number 1 and gained a new one on a free. It's not a marquee signing you would do a tweet like that for. That's all I'm saying.

Chunes said:
    I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 
    "We will have an announcement at 11 but don't get too excited."
    That is not what I'm trying to imply. Just keep it simple, tweet it out in one go, don't do a teaser tweet for a goalkeeper on a free when we've just lost one. You save those tweets for the transfer fee signings or when you have actually strengthened the squad. 

I don't have an issue with the signing just the manner of the tweet, it's unnecessary imo.

How that's earned 6 lols is beyond me, are people that ticklish on here? 
    The squad was strengthened by signing a goalkeeper.
    I don't fancy our chances playing without a goalie.
    As far as I'm concerned we haven't "strengthened" anything.  Since Watson & Pierce (re) signed all that's happened is that we have lost a striker & a goalkeeper & added a goalkeeper. 

A net position of minus 1.

Yay for small mercies.

• Is this deal with Boyle in the bag?

• I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 
    Perfectly aware of who he is and what he's done. On paper though we have stayed the same, we lost our number 1 and gained a new one on a free. It's not a marquee signing you would do a tweet like that for. That's all I'm saying.

Chunes said:
    I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 
    That is not what I'm trying to imply. Just keep it simple, tweet it out in one go, don't do a teaser tweet for a goalkeeper on a free when we've just lost one. You save those tweets for the transfer fee signings or when you have actually strengthened the squad. 

I don't have an issue with the signing just the manner of the tweet, it's unnecessary imo.

This has definitely gone over the head and becoming borderline petty posting now. 

We lost our number 1, we got another number1. We weakened and then went back to where we were, we didn't strengthen, that could only be guess work at this point. 

I am happy with the signing, just pointing out it's crap content from the comms team. Don't see how that's so hard to understand here 
    Though surely it's the Comms teams job to try and raise a bit of hype and excitement about ALL signings? Crap content would be a paragraph the next day. This is just them doing their jobs.

If you don't like what that job is nowadays (where everything is hyped up) I'm sympathetic to that. But that's not on them.
  • Akin Famewo good on the ball? I liked him a lot but his passing left a lot to be desired. 
  • You've got to wonder if other fans are as negative and whinging as ours.
    Yup they are, some are even worse. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    You've got to wonder if other fans are as negative and whinging as ours.
    Yup they are, some are even worse. 
    Gooners surely?
  • My usual thing is stout-heartedly defending even our most-maligned players from criticism, so when I do have a pop at some aspect of a player, it's not idle whinging, I damn well mean it. Famewo is a good enough defender that I'd be happy with us signing him, but neither him nor Inniss can be trusted to get it forward with anything resembling accuracy let alone subtlety
  • Inniss ofc makes up for this by being the most titanic on-field presence we've had since Yann
  • Leuth said:
    My usual thing is stout-heartedly defending even our most-maligned players from criticism, so when I do have a pop at some aspect of a player, it's not idle whinging, I damn well mean it. Famewo is a good enough defender that I'd be happy with us signing him, but neither him nor Inniss can be trusted to get it forward with anything resembling accuracy let alone subtlety
    Still pining for Naby I see
  • Sponsored links:

Chunes said:

As far as I'm concerned we haven't "strengthened" anything.  Since Watson & Pierce (re) signed all that's happened is that we have lost a striker & a goalkeeper & added a goalkeeper. 

Yay for small mercies.
    Even if the new keeper is an improvement?
  • The thought of boyle and tucker with inniss and pearce as backup is almost too much to handle

Chunes said:

Yay for small mercies.
    Yet, we haven't strengthened yet. 

We will, the two signings are top league 1 level players.  OK we lost two top league 1 players as well, we will miss out on some, we will sign some others.  Business is picking up already this week across the board.

It's going to be a busy few weeks for our old friend scarfy.  This is going to be our best summer window for years, it won't be perfect, and we won't have to go through this 15 in nonsense again. 
  • Something very comforting about a random probably bullshit Twitter rumour

• Leuth said:
    My usual thing is stout-heartedly defending even our most-maligned players from criticism, so when I do have a pop at some aspect of a player, it's not idle whinging, I damn well mean it. Famewo is a good enough defender that I'd be happy with us signing him, but neither him nor Inniss can be trusted to get it forward with anything resembling accuracy let alone subtlety
    Still pining for Naby I see
    That half-season of Ben Haim and Bikey is what I'm REALLY talking about. That was some class-above shit
  • thenewbie said:

Chunes said:

This has definitely gone over the head and becoming borderline petty posting now. 

We lost our number 1, we got another number1. We weakened and then went back to where we were, we didn't strengthen, that could only be guess work at this point. 

I am happy with the signing, just pointing out it's crap content from the comms team. Don't see how that's so hard to understand here 
    Though surely it's the Comms teams job to try and raise a bit of hype and excitement about ALL signings? Crap content would be a paragraph the next day. This is just them doing their jobs.

If you don't like what that job is nowadays (where everything is hyped up) I'm sympathetic to that. But that's not on them.
    Simply put that's all it is. Had we signed a player in an area where we really need strengthening as opposed to a like for like and it was a real marquee signing it's fine, I just think it's OTT that's it. 

Now apparently I'm also a whinger when a) I haven't whinged, just shared my thoughts on a tweet and b) I am an optimistic poster generally speaking. I'll have to just laugh it off and move on at this point
  • What would people think of Conor McAleny?

No rumour, but striker that should be in his prime and scored 17 in 40 games last season.

Completely forgot we also had him on loan a while back.
  • MattF said:
    Something very comforting about a random probably bullshit Twitter rumour

Would be a good option to have in the squad - has more than enough ability for this level. Wouldn’t want him starting more than 15-20 games but would give us an experienced head through each of the position groups. Pearce with the defenders, Watson the midfielders and Maguire the attack minded players.
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:

Some of his stuff seems true but it's all just rehashed from other sources.

Saying that it's the only reference to Chris Maguire I can find on twitter, it doesn't help that it was Toby's birthday yesterday and Harry has some sort of match tomorrow. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What would people think of Conor McAleny?

No rumour, but striker that should be in his prime and scored 17 in 40 games last season.

Completely forgot we also had him on loan a while back.
    P.s this isn't a totally serious suggestion, I was just thinking of players that have the initials CM to start a running list of CM suggestions, but on reflection, he could probably do a job 
  • MattF said:

He called Brum signing Graham 2 months ago.
  • Nice while it lasted onto the next...
  • I was "megging" Pep before you were born lad
  • If it wasnt boyle today whoever said tucker must be right ...;)
  • MattF said:

He called Brum signing Graham 2 months ago.
    Cheers Colin 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Tucker a much better subject for rhyming songs than Boyle.

Good to see these important details are being taken into account by the recruitment team. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!