Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Boyle has the same agent as George Lapslie and Chris Solly 
    Jon Fortune?
  • After asking a few questions of others. Boyle is very dominant in the air. Boyle, Stockley and Inniss would be quite an Ariel threat at set pieces. 
    Just need someone who can take decent set pieces then.

Albie Morgan :)
  • Boyle seems to be another Scottish Yorkshire man according to Wiki.

I always thought Tucker was unrealistic. This does seem to be more plausible. 
  • Boyle is a bit of goal scoring CB. Think he’s scored 20 goals for Cheltenham since he joined. 
  • Boyle had a knee injury which ruled him out for the last 3 months of the season (bar a couple of games before the injury returned)
  • Boyle had a knee injury which ruled him out for the last 3 months of the season (bar a couple of games before the injury returned)
    Injury prone ticks another box in addition to the height and age test. 
    Sounds like a perfect fit for us 

• I have actually played against Will Boyle's dad, god I feel old!

His is Simon Walton's cousin. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Boyle could be available for around £200k.

6 ft 3 and left footed, so if he signs then I wouldn’t expect Famewo to.

Also means it’s not impossible for us to sign Tucker, assuming he’s right footed.

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/news/report-sheffield-wednesday-very-interested-in-preston-linked-will-boyle-may-cost-just-200k/
  • MattF said:
    Cawley says Macgillivray isn't the player he was referring to the other day when he said one was close. That player is a CM. 
    CM is Craig MacGillivray surely

Morrell perhaps?
  • MattF said:
    Cawley says Macgillivray isn't the player he was referring to the other day when he said one was close. That player is a CM. 

Morrell perhaps?
    No... Cawley is saying: "C (Craig) M (MacGillivray) was the one I knew was close"
  • When are we going to sign some non scoring forwards? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Charles Manson close apparently 
  • MattF said:

Morrell perhaps?
    No... Cawley is saying: "C (Craig) M (MacGillivray) was the one I knew was close"
    Dammit!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Charles Manson close apparently 
    Does he have family round here then?
  • After asking a few questions of others. Boyle is very dominant in the air. Boyle, Stockley and Inniss would be quite an Ariel threat at set pieces. 

I can’t wait to sea witch player we sign next.

• edited June 2021
    I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 
    Don't be silly. We've just signed Pompey's POTY.
    Perfectly aware of who he is and what he's done. On paper though we have stayed the same, we lost our number 1 and gained a new one on a free. It's not a marquee signing you would do a tweet like that for. That's all I'm saying.

Chunes said:
    I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 
    "We will have an announcement at 11 but don't get too excited."
    That is not what I'm trying to imply. Just keep it simple, tweet it out in one go, don't do a teaser tweet for a goalkeeper on a free when we've just lost one. You save those tweets for the transfer fee signings or when you have actually strengthened the squad. 

I don't have an issue with the signing just the manner of the tweet, it's unnecessary imo.

How that's earned 6 lols is beyond me, are people that ticklish on here? 
  • Any other Yorkshire Jocks playing in the lower divisions?
  • I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 
    Perfectly aware of who he is and what he's done. On paper though we have stayed the same, we lost our number 1 and gained a new one on a free. It's not a marquee signing you would do a tweet like that for. That's all I'm saying.

Chunes said:
    That is not what I'm trying to imply. Just keep it simple, tweet it out in one go, don't do a teaser tweet for a goalkeeper on a free when we've just lost one. You save those tweets for the transfer fee signings or when you have actually strengthened the squad. 

I don't have an issue with the signing just the manner of the tweet, it's unnecessary imo.

The squad was strengthened by signing a goalkeeper.
    I don't fancy our chances playing without a goalie.
  • I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 

Chunes said:

The squad was strengthened by signing a goalkeeper.
    I don't fancy our chances playing without a goalie.
    This has definitely gone over the head and becoming borderline petty posting now. 

We lost our number 1, we got another number1. We weakened and then went back to where we were, we didn't strengthen, that could only be guess work at this point. 

I am happy with the signing, just pointing out it's crap content from the comms team. Don't see how that's so hard to understand here 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!