Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Don't think we will be intrested, wonder where he will end up? 
  • I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 
    Don't be silly. We've just signed Pompey's POTY.
    Perfectly aware of who he is and what he's done. On paper though we have stayed the same, we lost our number 1 and gained a new one on a free. It's not a marquee signing you would do a tweet like that for. That's all I'm saying.

Chunes said:
    I don't wanna be negative cause it's a good signing on paper, but to do a stay 'tuned at 11am' for a replacement goalie is completely OTT. You're expecting proper marquee signings for that, especially when the leaks are already out 
    "We will have an announcement at 11 but don't get too excited."
    That is not what I'm trying to imply. Just keep it simple, tweet it out in one go, don't do a teaser tweet for a goalkeeper on a free when we've just lost one. You save those tweets for the transfer fee signings or when you have actually strengthened the squad. 

I don't have an issue with the signing just the manner of the tweet, it's unnecessary imo.

How that's earned 6 lols is beyond me, are people that ticklish on here? 
    The squad was strengthened by signing a goalkeeper.
    I don't fancy our chances playing without a goalie.
    As far as I'm concerned we haven't "strengthened" anything.  Since Watson & Pierce (re) signed all that's happened is that we have lost a striker & a goalkeeper & added a goalkeeper. 

A net position of minus 1.

Yay for small mercies.
    Even if the new keeper is an improvement?
    That will have to be determined once we've seen him over a season or 2. 

Can't be that good as even our mis-firing strikers scored against him over the 3 years he was with Pompey   :D
  • Not expecting any signings soon, maybe towards the end of the week. No decent rumours and Cawely isn't saying we're close to anything. I'd love to know how much he knows though. 
  • Will transfer gone off the Boyle 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Don't think we will be intrested, wonder where he will end up? 
    Yeah that’s one Cawley denied weeks ago.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Let’s hope not. I’m sure a club like Sunderland will give him way too much money out of desperation for promotion.
  • Why would we go after Maguire? I would have preferred to keep Shinnie. 
  • Not expecting any signings soon, maybe towards the end of the week. No decent rumours and Cawely isn't saying we're close to anything. I'd love to know how much he knows though. 
    Only what I tell him 🤑
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this deal with Boyle in the bag?
    Head In Hands GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • MattF said:
    Something very comforting about a random probably bullshit Twitter rumour

They probably read the "CM" comment from Cawley and Googled "EFL footballers CM"
  • Addicks59 said:
    Was never in for Boyle a centre back was in the building this am.Gills have lowered there demand for tucker now around 500k from 1 million.
    Dont do that to us 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Was never in for Boyle a centre back was in the building this am.Gills have lowered there demand for tucker now around 500k from 1 million.
    So are you saying Tucker is the one close to signing then?
  • No was never in for him.
  • Richard J said:
    Why would we go after Maguire? I would have preferred to keep Shinnie. 
    Different types of player. Shinnie does better playing from deep in the middle and pulling strings. Maguire likes to cut in from either wing, attack the goal and take plenty of long range shots.
    Didn’t Cawley say the keeper wasn’t the signing he was aware of? Midfielder set to sign this week?
  • Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    lmao, Famewo was an absolute disaster with ball at feet. even ignoring his excellent assist for Wimbledon he was constantly putting it out of play and hitting long balls 20 yards away from the forward
    Think disaster is an exaggeration. At first I thought he was really tidy. After injury he was like a different player on the ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Let’s hope not. I’m sure a club like Sunderland will give him way too much money out of desperation for promotion.
    Another player who has said he wants to go back up north ….. (mullin)
  • Addicks59 said:
    No was never in for him.
    Don't you mean yes, it's Tucker you think?
  • I thought Cawley's CM comment was in reference to MacGillivray as opposed to we're signing a central midfielder. 

Interesting if the Tucker rumours are legit , would be a very big statement from TS
  • I was replying to a comment about Boyle saying we was never in for him. As regards tucker yes I think we are after him we will be silly if we are not now the price has lowered.
  • edited June 2021
    To many people ITK again, where’s Dazzler…
  • Addicks59 said:
    I was replying to a comment about Boyle saying we was never in for him. As regards tucker yes I think we are after him we will be silly if we are not now the price has lowered.
    If he reaches his potential then he also has a decent re-sale which fits the model TS mentioned. 
  • Who was never mentioned boyle
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!