Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Reading that Amos article, it will absolutely trigger me if their manager 'Leam Richardson' is pronounced 'Liam Richardson'.
  • Vfrf said:
    Reading that Amos article, it will absolutely trigger me if their manager 'Leam Richardson' is pronounced 'Liam Richardson'.
    It triggers me that he was at Blackburn with Southall 
  • I’m guessing they didn’t throw that scarf at him from 20 yards away.

It it's only posted on here 10 hours after it was announced because Ben Watson delivered it.....

...... You know cos he is old and slow 🙄🙄
  • That photo doesnt flatter Ben in the slightest

Makes him look like he's spent the summer on the sofa with a big bag of crisps
    It was the pies that attracted him to Wigan  ;)
  • Tbf I think Paul Mullin is worth a punt on a free and for the right wage, if we could get him on a 2-3 year contract I would take him. He could either replicate last season's form and storm the league or be an option off of the bench, if we go up or stay in the division I am sure he would have takers. 

Certainly not if we still have Ronnie.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbf I think Paul Mullin is worth a punt on a free and for the right wage, if we could get him on a 2-3 year contract I would take him. He could either replicate last season's form and storm the league or be an option off of the bench, if we go up or stay in the division I am sure he would have takers. 

Rather mullin all day long !
  • MattF said:

I honestly didn't see much pedigree there.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbf I think Paul Mullin is worth a punt on a free and for the right wage, if we could get him on a 2-3 year contract I would take him. He could either replicate last season's form and storm the league or be an option off of the bench, if we go up or stay in the division I am sure he would have takers. 

Why would that matter? Last season we had Chuks, Ronnie, Washington, most seasons we have 3-4 strikers, as long as he could be fit into the budget I don't see the harm. It could have finally clicked for him and we could reap the rewards or he's a one season wonder, we take the risk and send him out. For a fee I would say no but on a free and what you would imagine would be low wages I don't see why not 
  • Tbf I think Paul Mullin is worth a punt on a free and for the right wage, if we could get him on a 2-3 year contract I would take him. He could either replicate last season's form and storm the league or be an option off of the bench, if we go up or stay in the division I am sure he would have takers. 

Screams of Luke Varney/Nicky Ajose, one good season and then struggled to replicate the form. Being on a free usually means big signing fee. Also, this reminds me of Bogle after his "prolific season" which earned him his move into the football league. 
  • Mikael Mandron worth signing?.
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Why would that matter? Last season we had Chuks, Ronnie, Washington, most seasons we have 3-4 strikers, as long as he could be fit into the budget I don't see the harm. It could have finally clicked for him and we could reap the rewards or he's a one season wonder, we take the risk and send him out. For a fee I would say no but on a free and what you would imagine would be low wages I don't see why not 
    So you would happily go into the season with

Stockley
    Washington
    Massive gamble
    Ronnie

As your 4 strikers? 
  • I suppose technically it could be the first of one...
  • Sponsored links:

• Call that a scarf … Pah #ScarfyRulesOK
  • So 2 year deal, not 3.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Stockley
    Washington
    Massive gamble
    Ronnie

As your 4 strikers? 
    That would entirely depend on the rest of the team, but yes probably. Provided we have some decent attacking mids and all round mids I think it would be capable of promotion. 

No one could say for sure though how many goals that lot would get, could be anywhere between 10-20 for all of them over the course of the season, anyone's guess.

I am far more concerned about our midfield, we are gonna get played off the park again a few times next season if we don't get the right players in
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Stockley
    Washington
    Massive gamble
    Ronnie

As your 4 strikers? 
    No, I'd be adding a fifth striker. A young, fast  whippersnapper (akin to Karlan Grant). 

At the moment we only have 3 strikers, one of which (Schwartz) is untried & untested. I think Ronnie will come good but there is no certainty and we need a proven goalscorer, especially one that is not over 6ft tall 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Stockley
    Washington
    Massive gamble
    Ronnie

As your 4 strikers? 
    No, I'd be adding a fifth striker. A young, fast  whippersnapper (akin to Karlan Grant). 

At the moment we only have 3 strikers, one of which (Schwartz) is untried & untested. I think Ronnie will come good but there is no certainty and we need a proven goalscorer, especially one that is not over 6ft tall 
    Out of a squad of 20 you would have 5 strikers?  Doesn't leave much wiggle room, when have we ever had 5 first team strikers?

@Braziliance of course we need midfielders, wingers, defenders etc as well.  But this is why losing Chuks was such a big deal, much more than I think people realise yet.  To get someone like Lapado or Eisa (who people have said would be good signings) you have to pay good money and good wages, else it's a gamble on someone totally unproven.  

If anything happened to Stockley in that scenario we would be absolutely screwed. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I agree with this. I'd definitely take a punt on Mullin but having him and Schwartz as two of the four is a risk I wouldn't want to take. If we're serious about winning this league, or even fighting for promotion, we need someone a bit more proven to compete with Stockley. I personally want someone who can hold the ball up if we're going to play 433. Mullin would be a decent replacement for Schwartz though if he goes. 
  • edited June 2021
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60d9f306a2dee/behind-the-scenes-at-sparrows-lane-28062021

I notice there are no wide angle group shots this season, maybe after previous faux pas.  Bulot springs to mind, I am sure there have been others. 
  • Gallen also spoke of the domino effect that can occur as a result of incoming transfers, admitting he anticipates plenty more to come where that is concerned.

“We need a few more as you know. Don’t worry, I know about it and I’m working on that every day. So I expect players to be coming in, I won’t put any timeline on it just yet, because I don’t want people to be disappointed, but it’s all in motion.”

“It has been a challenge. A lot of people talk about, in the Championship in particular it’s been a bit slow so all the representatives of players I’m talking to are saying Championship clubs are not moving, and in some ways if they’re not moving it filters down to us. So I’m pleased to get two important bits of business done before the start of pre-season - obviously we’re back in this morning training. 

“There’s going to be some more happening now, and I thought this even a week or so ago. Once you get one or two then one or two more will start happening so it’s been a little bit frustrating of course, I’m sure also for the fans, but we’ll get it moving now.”

• Hard to believe that we haven’t had somebody confirm the identity of the player at Sparrows today. Unless there wasn’t.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!