Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I'd be happy with this. Would have been happy if he wanted to stay. 

He had a good season but I will always point out that a keeper should save at least one penalty from 4/5 per season.
  • Good luck & thanks to Ben Amos.
  • edited June 2021
    So for me we still need:

First Teamers:
    LCB
    CM
    LM
    RM
    FW

Sub/back up:
    RB
    LB
    RCB
    LCB
    CM
    LM
    RM

won't be bothered too much if some of the back ups are from the U23's
  • edited June 2021
    Please stop the panicking and wait and see..
  • So in short, we have lost a goalkeeper who some on CL thought was quite good but we have probably signed a replacement  keeper who some people on CL think is quite good.

Or to use a much needed house buying analogy,  we have moved from one suburban semi detached bungalow with a small garden to another in a nearby street but still don't have a roof or windows.

Go and read some Pomepy fan views. 

It seems we've gone from:

a house that everyone agreed had some good features, but everyone was critical of the transport links and had quite a long snagging list 

to 

a house that the previous owners clearly loved, has a couple of the snagging issues, but majority of features are an improvement, if you believe the old owners of course. 

• BBC Sport Reporter ⬆️
  • Sponsored links:

• When players leave, do they have a collection, sign a card and go down the pub? 🤔
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So for me we still need:

First Teamers:
    LCB
    CM
    LM
    RM
    FW

Sub/back up:
    RB
    LB
    RCB
    LCB
    CM
    LM
    RM

won't be bothered too much if some of the back ups are from the U23's
    Disagree for the 1st XI we need

RB
    LCB
    LB
    2 CMs
    A Winger

Back up

RCB needs to be good because he will play
    CM
    Winger
    Cover for Stockley

Then probably a back up keeper to let AMB go out on loan. 
  • Who’s CH
  • @addick59 said on the wrong thread:

CH in building today told it is Tucker from Gillingham.But also been told we are in for Norwich lad we had on loan.Exciting week this week hopefully.
    I'd be delighted if it's Tucker. Just 21 as well. Great investment.
  • #Pompey player of the year Craig MacGillivray has passed his medical and signed for Charlton Athletic #cafc
    disappointed with amos leaving, but this removes all that. Would be a great signing and statement of intent. Definitely need to start getting a lot of signings through the door before pre season.

CH in building today told it is Tucker from Gillingham.But also been told we are in for Norwich lad we had on loan.Exciting week this week hopefully.
    If we sign both Tucker and Famewo I'd be amazed. Would be setup very well at CB with Pearce and Inniss already in the building and Barker hopefully getting a bit more game time.
    I think that the "Norwich lad" is the winger. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    @addick59 said on the wrong thread:

If we sign both Tucker and Famewo I'd be amazed. Would be setup very well at CB with Pearce and Inniss already in the building and Barker hopefully getting a bit more game time.
    We had a winger from Norwich on loan?
  • Who’s CH.
    Addick59 means there is a Centre Half in the building today. And its only his guess its Tucker.
  • Sponsored links:

I highly doubt one of Tucker or Famewo would move or that Innis would be happy to be at Charlton in L1 to fight out a CB slot. 

• mendonca said:

I highly doubt one of Tucker or Famewo would move or that Innis would be happy to be at Charlton in L1 to fight out a CB slot. 

When fit, Innis is 100% first choice above those two. If Innis wasn't injury prone I have no doubt he'd be in a Championship side challenging the top 6. The only fight would be with his own body to stay fit.
  • Can we assume that we'll be bringing in another keeper during the summer too in order to allow AMB to go out on loan?  I can't imagine we've brought in the pompey keeper to be the reserve keeper for him
  • Cafc43v3r said:

We had a winger from Norwich on loan?
    Yeah it's Lee Power................

Sorry I misread it but I think we are signing a Norwich winger on loan.  Not Famewo.  I would be delighted to be wrong or even better we get both :smile:
  • mendonca said:

Competition for your place is something you should relish. In any case CB’s get a lot of opportunities due to suspensions. That’s an occupational hazard. Pearce knows he’s back up. It would be up to the other three to make sure that they were first choice. 
  • Double announcement!?!

I’d be very happy IF we manage to get Tucker. Very good player and lots of potential. Plus he’s a local lad from my home town. I would imagine the attraction of a bigger club than Gillingham and staying close to home would help signing him. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!