Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I’m not worried about losing any goalkeeper. We’ve had a pretty good track record recruiting keepers. Ignoring Thuram of course.
  • Jason Pearce on twitter giving big hint that were in for someone called Sanchez

Watt?

:wink:
  • Jason Pearce on twitter giving big hint that were in for someone called Sanchez

Lawrie?
  • Welcome Sanchez watt 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sanchez Watt USED to be a regular on this thread when he was at Arsenal ten years ago  . No chance now ,

Pearce is talking about a Portuguese player 
  • Sanchez Watt would bring good experience having been on a plane to a Champions League final (he might actually fancy it now Bowyer has gone...)
  • It was Sanchez Watt who hated Bowyer after he compared one of our performances to the football on Hackney Marshes. There's a few screenshots in here:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/90815/has-bowyer-lost-it/p25
  • Sanchez Watt as replacement for Aneke? Similar pedigree out of the Arsenal academy………
  • Can't wait for Alan Nixon tomorrow  reporting on Charlton being linked with Sanchez Watt. 
    I am waiting for the twitter melt down that it's evidence we are skint and Thomas is looking to get out. 
  • I think that Pearce tweet is definitely a clue. 

Don’t think we need to wait for the OS on this one. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Oh my good God people have actually gone mad.

No that's not a suggestion we sign Maradona. 
    Shocked there are no comments claiming he should still be able to move faster than Ben Watson
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep the faith
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ladapo is Rotherham's record signing who played 42 games in the championship last season.

He also scored less championship goals, last season, than Bonne did for us.

Unless Rotherham are giving him away I can't see it and I can't see that either.

But time will tell. 
    19 goals for Plymouth in this league 2018/19 and was a handful when we played them.
    17 goals for Rotherham 2019/20 and helped them get promoted.
    9 goals in the Championship last season.

6’2” and a decent replacement for Chucks IMO
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ladapo is Rotherham's record signing who played 42 games in the championship last season.

Unless Rotherham are giving him away I can't see it and I can't see that either.

But time will tell. 
    19 goals for Plymouth in this league 2018/19 and was a handful when we played them.

Like I said they aren't going to to give him away are they.  That would be "main man" money, not a replacement for Chuks. 
  • I don't see why Rotherham would be happy selling him though. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Another rumour for you just been told Fredie ladapo his younger brothers is in our under 18's.
    I rather think this misunderstands the concept of a rumour, given he's been with the club for the last couple of years at least...
    I think what @addick59 meant was..... 

Another rumour is Freddie Ladapo.

FULL STOP.

His brother is in our U18's.
    U18's what?
  • Jack Tucker linked on another thread. 
  • Jack Tucker linked on another thread. 
    Would be one of my top targets. High ceiling, young and local.

Feels like a Brentford kind of signing
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

But time will tell. 

Like I said they aren't going to to give him away are they.  That would be "main man" money, not a replacement for Chuks. 
    Why can he only come if they're giving him away? If we're serious about winning this league we need to replace Chuks with another top striker IMO. Ladapo has done well at Rotherham but has spent most of his career down south and his record is decent without being fantastic. Can't imagine a Championship club will be interested, no idea what Rotherham's finances are but no harm in being interested, even if we are priced out. 
  • edited June 2021
    I don't see why Rotherham would be happy selling him though. 
    We weren't happy selling JBG or Cousins after relegation. Money talks for both players and clubs, every player has their price, which can be determined by the clubs finances too. Rotherham are not a big club and their relegation will cost them. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!