Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Southbank said:
    https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-transfer-window-2021-8040208

Almost every League ! club has signed more players than we, and most have not let as many go. Does anybody understand why we are behind and what our strategy is? We cannot be offering enough money to keep players like Chuks and Amos. Are we hoping to pick up bargains from the basement at some time? It does not smack of a promotion building strategy.
    Did you forget to look at Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth?

Of the teams most likely to be in the top half only Wigan and Bolton have really done much in terms of incomings.

Plenty of time yet. 
    5th from bottom and league 2 last season. They both need to significantly improve to finish top half this season
    I am happy to wager both will finish top half. 
    I’m not doubting that. It’s the bed wetting about them signing players that we are missing out on, when we aren’t even interested in their signings
    I am certainly not bed wetting, although I would have like Cousins.  I wouldn't have minded the center back that's gone to Bolton, if Pearce hadn't resigned.

Plenty of time and total faith we will be where we need to be.  Although I think some people have massively under estimated how big a job this is going to be.  Hopefully only those that post on here and else where, not anyone that matters. 
    sorry - generally on here, not aimed at you
  • I've heard that Amos is off, so we're going to have to find a replacement.
    Who?
  • Bilko said:
    I've heard that Amos is off, so we're going to have to find a replacement.
    Who?

A substitute 
  • Have it on good authority that Amos wasn’t planning on leaving but became upset about all the house analogies on the takeover thread, when he himself was in the middle of building a house near to his birthplace in the North. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bilko said:
    I've heard that Amos is off, so we're going to have to find a replacement.
    Who?
    Apparently Pompey have been desperately trying to keep their keeper, but he’s got a flat at Abbey Wood he’s dying to utilise what with the forthcoming Crossrail opportunities, plus his mum has got a leather jacket stall at Erith market.

Literally nothing they can do to keep him I’m told. 
    I think I saw his Mum in T’s 25 years ago.
    Probably why she moved to Harrogate 
  • Another rumour for you just been told Fredie ladapo his younger brothers is in our under 18's.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Another rumour for you just been told Fredie ladapo his younger brothers is in our under 18's.
    Is the rumour that we are signing Freddie or the younger brother?
  • Hal1x said:
    Reality is there aren’t bad goalkeepers as such whoever we end up with. 

Yes some better than others of course but I doubt our ultimate fate lies in the keeper we have. 

Other positions will be far more pivotal. 

Do you not remember Thuram?!?!
    I think he was one of the worst players ever to wear our shirt. 
  • *Futurama sceptical Fry meme*
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Another rumour for you just been told Fredie ladapo his younger brothers is in our under 18's.
    I rather think this misunderstands the concept of a rumour, given he's been with the club for the last couple of years at least...
    I think what @addick59 meant was..... 

Another rumour is Freddie Ladapo.

FULL STOP.

His brother is in our U18's.
  • Ladapo is Rotherham's record signing who played 42 games in the championship last season.

He also scored less championship goals, last season, than Bonne did for us.

Unless Rotherham are giving him away I can't see it and I can't see that either.

But time will tell. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks golfaddick yes that is what I meant I am dyslexic and I struggle. 
  • Wycombe linked to Owen Dale, Crewe apparently want 1 mill.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Thanks golfaddick yes that is what I meant I am dyslexic and I struggle. 
    Ahh apologies mate; didn't mean to take the piss or anything, hope you understand my confusion though!
  • Yes no worries thanks.
  • Wycombe linked to Owen Dale, Crewe apparently want 1 mill.
    Bus load of salt required as it seems to have orginated from Nixon.
  • 3 year deal from Wigan, is pretty good, I wonder if we only offered him a years contract?

No idea how good the Pompey keeper were being linked with is, whether he’s better, worse or about the same, anyone have any thoughts on the Pompey keeper?
    We offered him a two year deal but he desperately wanted to return home so would not have mattered if we offered 5 year deal on 25k a week 
    Oh I think it would.
  • Southbank said:
    https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-transfer-window-2021-8040208

Almost every League ! club has signed more players than we, and most have not let as many go. Does anybody understand why we are behind and what our strategy is? We cannot be offering enough money to keep players like Chuks and Amos. Are we hoping to pick up bargains from the basement at some time? It does not smack of a promotion building strategy.

Some cracking goals from Scott Twine
  • I've read a few times that Amos wants to be back with his family.  He left Bolton in 2016 and has had a permanent contract at Charlton for the last 2 years. Has he really been away from his family since 2016, or has his family been with him and he now just wants to take his family back home and remain in the north west?

If he has been away from his family since 2016, fair play to him for sticking it out and it just shows how lonely a life of a footballer can be.
    Not sure regarding Family, as far as I’m aware he hasn’t got any kids. 

I know the people he rented his house from and he told them months ago he wasn’t renewing the lease as he and his wife have been building a house for years and want to start living in it. 

He was never going to sign a new deal down South.

You could have told us NA a month ago :-(

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!