Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Liam Millar on the way to FC Basel after a second bud accepted. We improve another Premiershit player . I got the impression  he was never coming back.

Leave no stone unturned.  Which is where we will probably end up looking.
    I don’t understand what your point is?

Liverpool loan us a player that was never going to break through there, we give him experience and they sell him. Isn’t this what happens in football?

we improved 

the young left back from Chelsea that went to Bristol city
    bielik (spelling)
    cullen 
    millar
    famewo

we left no stone unturned when we found Gallagher. Nobody had heard of him, one year later he was on loan in the premiership 

its why premiership team loan is youngsters and it’s why our squad will be boosted with a couple more this season. We have a very good track record on developing and unearthing I know premiership youngsters. I have no issue with this continuing 
    Much the same as when we loaned Scott Parker to Norwich. He wasn't really doing much, went and got some experience, came back and grabbed his chance. Same story when we loaned Grant to Crawley.
  • Can't believe Amos would choose Wigan over us 
    He not …. He chose his family over London 
    So why are we wasting our time offering him a contract? If he’s that determined to move home we shouldn’t be wasting any time on him. 

Or is this just a case of - I want to move home, but if you pay me £x, I’ll just tell the family to f**k off.
    One thing to consider is that he has been paying London/SE rental prices, which are very steep.
    He has built a house where he can live rent free AND be with his family. So unless we were prepared to at least make allowances for that in our wage offer, I think it will have played a considerable part in his line of thinking.
  • cfgs said:
    Amos has been great at times for us and made some unbelievable saves, but he has had spells where he seemed incapable of the basics and any shot went past him. He is a loss but far from replaceable.
    He has made some awesome close range saves and conceded far too many long shots.

I questioned his eyesight in his first stint with us, I never lost that questioning of his vision.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Amos has been great at times for us and made some unbelievable saves, but he has had spells where he seemed incapable of the basics and any shot went past him. He is a loss but far from replaceable.
    He has made some awesome close range saves and conceded far too many long shots.

I questioned his eyesight in his first stint with us, I never lost that questioning of his vision.
    I remember before he signed for us ' my Bolton mate' warned me about this .

Apparently they had the same questions .

Unlike Taylor Ben has benefitted from some lucrative contracts . He was on £21k per week for his four years at Bolton , 
  • Richard J said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:

Unlike Taylor Ben has benefitted from some lucrative contracts . He was on £21k per week for his four years at Bolton , 
    He took a pay cut to go to Bolton and a six figure signing on fee.  Credit to him for wanting first team football and not doing a "Carson" at Man United. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Wigan fans reckon they've got Scott Fraser.
    Another one bites the dust. 

Jordan Cousins, Max Power and Scott Fraser in midfield for Wigan - can’t see many team’s bettering that (On paper at least).
    I agree but there are dozens of posts on this very thread suggesting outrage at the mear mention we would be intrested in Cousins or Power.

"could do better" was often quoted.  Can we, is the question. 
    No, we probably can’t. I said this at the time regarding Cousins, if you’re disappointed at a Championship midfielder coming in then I have no idea how high you’ve set the bar for our recruitment. 

I’m not panicking as we could have 5 signings confirmed next week, but we really ought to be filling the squad in the next two weeks. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:

He took a pay cut to go to Bolton and a six figure signing on fee.  Credit to him for wanting first team football and not doing a "Carson" at Man United. 
    I think the think here is he is only 31 and is probably not ready to sit on his arse for the next 3 years.  Had he been 35, I’m sure he would have taken the Man Utd option. similar to what Carson, Taylor and Wright did at Man City and Lee Grant at Man Utd. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:

I think the think here is he is only 31 and is probably not ready to sit on his arse for the next 3 years.  Had he been 35, I’m sure he would have taken the Man Utd option. similar to what Carson, Taylor and Wright did at Man City and Lee Grant at Man Utd. 
    Tbf Taylor started doing it when he was 18.  75 games in a 21 year career 😳😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:

I forgot about Taylor’s career path. At least play a couple of hundred games before hanging up your gloves. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:

I forgot about Taylor’s career path. At least play a couple of hundred games before hanging up your gloves. 
    He is one of very few non Charlton players I have seen over 1% of their career live ha ha 
  • Not convinced with Gregory. Granted he'll score goals at league one level but i see him as too similar to Stockley. Both 6ft 2 and both the 'leading the line' centre forward type. I think we need to go for someone young and pacy to play alongside Stockley.

Unless we're going to play like the old John Beck Cambridge sides, there's surely no room for both.
    Stockley will be playing up front on his own. Been said earlier on the thread that Gregory is not on our list but even if he was it would be as cover for Stockley not a partner. 
  • We can point out to clubs that the loan for Millar had a positive impact, as we could when Beilik joined Derby for decent money. Millar was a long way from the Liverpool first team but that isn't the whole story.
  • I've read a few times that Amos wants to be back with his family.  He left Bolton in 2016 and has had a permanent contract at Charlton for the last 2 years. Has he really been away from his family since 2016, or has his family been with him and he now just wants to take his family back home and remain in the north west?

If he has been away from his family since 2016, fair play to him for sticking it out and it just shows how lonely a life of a footballer can be.
  • edited June 2021
    I suppose it is about strengths and weaknesses. There may be an issue with his leg work for long shots/possibly a bit of concentration too but he is definitely weaker in that aspect of his game. However, he made some terrific close range saves and overall did a great job for us last season and he dealt with crosses as well as anybody.
  • Can I ask where it’s been explicitly said that Amos wants a return home? 
  • I've read a few times that Amos wants to be back with his family.  He left Bolton in 2016 and has had a permanent contract at Charlton for the last 2 years. Has he really been away from his family since 2016, or has his family been with him and he now just wants to take his family back home and remain in the north west?

If he has been away from his family since 2016, fair play to him for sticking it out and it just shows how lonely a life of a footballer can be.
    Not sure regarding Family, as far as I’m aware he hasn’t got any kids. 

I know the people he rented his house from and he told them months ago he wasn’t renewing the lease as he and his wife have been building a house for years and want to start living in it. 

He was never going to sign a new deal down South.

I know the people he rented his house from and he told them months ago he wasn’t renewing the lease as he and his wife have been building a house for years and want to start living in it. 

Has his wife been living here with him?  Some posters have made it sound like he is living away from her, hence the return up north
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Can I ask where it’s been explicitly said that Amos wants a return home? 
    He had a new house built up In the Manchester area. Good luck to him, back to his roots and a club close by. 

• 3 year deal from Wigan, is pretty good, I wonder if we only offered him a years contract?

No idea how good the Pompey keeper were being linked with is, whether he’s better, worse or about the same, anyone have any thoughts on the Pompey keeper?
  • I think a lot of the players leaving now made up their minds about moving a long time ago.
  • 3 year deal from Wigan, is pretty good, I wonder if we only offered him a years contract?

No idea how good the Pompey keeper were being linked with is, whether he’s better, worse or about the same, anyone have any thoughts on the Pompey keeper?

Don’t think there’s much in it but I’d lean towards MacGillivray. 

Don’t think there’s much in it but I’d lean towards MacGillivray. 
    Does he provide a softer landing?
  • Reality is there aren’t bad goalkeepers as such whoever we end up with. 

Yes some better than others of course but I doubt our ultimate fate lies in the keeper we have. 

Other positions will be far more pivotal. 

Has his wife been living here with him?  Some posters have made it sound like he is living away from her, hence the return up north
    Absolutely no idea, all I’ve been told is he’s keen to move back due to a house. 

Absolutely no idea, all I’ve been told is he’s keen to move back due to a house. 
    To think all those house buying analogies we’ve had down the years have been brilliant, but we haven’t had any house building comments / threads.

#housebuyingcommentsarebrilliant

#soarehousebuildingcommentsbriliant
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!