Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    I'm waiting for the evidence to buy a season ticket as I am fed up of the mediocrity and false promises we always get. I am still expecting positive action so not in panic mode but Chuks was a big marker for me and it is an understatement I am disappointed he is leaving. Cue people being ok about it because of his lack of minutes last season. To be honest, I have no interest in these views as I believe they lack football knowledge. We have to be better than last season and it isn't easy to replace what Chuks gives us, but we shall see. I will worry after the Euros if there is something to worry about!   
    The more S/Ts we sell the better squad we could afford.
    Talk about wanting your cake and eating it.
    You want everyone else to fund better players before you put your hand in your pocket and then you add insult to injury by saying many of our fans lack football knowledge as well.

100% spot on
    Well season ticket sales have been very healthy so we should be looking forward to some great signings. 
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Scoham said:
    Nixon with the groundbreaking news that we’re interested in MacGillivray.
    why does the repugnantnicko get any credence among Charlton fans?
    He's a proven gutter dredging scum bag who barely gets a look in at m"rd0(h's despicable red top rag

Credence is irrelevant.  It is an actual rumour, unlike much of the dross on this thread.  And as such merits being shared, unlike much of the dross on this thread.
  • IdleHans said:
    This thread is exactly the same as it's been every year since I don't know when. 
    Frantic panic about a lack of signings even before the window opens, every other club is outbidding us and signing quality players while we sit on our hands and are bound to end up with cast offs, rejects and loans right at the last minute so there is no chance to prepare properly. Glasses are completely empty, not just half empty, and we have a two month mass meltdown at the dire prospect of another season in this shit league.
    It's brilliant!
    And thus it shalt always be.
  • 6 days before the transfer window closes.

Oops sorry it's 66 days.
    But only 42 days until the first game and only 4 days to starting preparation. I assume that we a agree that a good pre season is important and that requires time.
    Addick1956 - you come across as such a glass half empty kind of person. 

Be positive, take a deep breath and enjoy the Euros. 
     A glass half empty is physically the same thing as one that is half full. Thomas said we are going to murder this league this year and Nigel said Hull rejoicing at the Valley will be us this year.
    Frankly I don't  see that . I think some hoodcsignings need to be in the pipe line soon tbh.
    TS is an enthusiastic new owner who has spent half his life in America surrounded by all the hype that goes with that.  Nige is Uber positive.  I like their stance of positivity but realize that neither of them can actually see into the future and so it was simply opinion.  I doubt they knew that Wigan and Ipswich were suddenly going to have millions chucked at them either.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stop talking about Williams, some snot nosed teenager mentions him on Twitter and this site goes into meltdown.

Stop wetting the bed, change those sheets, relax and look forward to Belgium v Portugal later. 
    I didn't see it on twitter and I highly doubt the person who told me did either. 
    So where did you see it or where did the person you know it hear it from? Was it Nigel, Steve, Johnny? If not, get some dry sheets on, relax and watch the Euros…
    Sorry?  What bed have I wet?

If we only pass things on directly from Nigle Steve or the player this would be a very short thread.  I heard that we had offered him the chance to do preseason with us after a 2 week break.

I passed that on.  I will watch the Euros when there is a game on, thinks for the advice, I didn't know they were on until you mentioned it. 
    Don’t worry, some strange ones on here. Apparently discussing a name of someone who is a potential signing isn’t allowed in this discussion... That goes up 10 fold if they’ve already played with us it would seem. Always enjoy your posts 👍 keep em coming.
  • edited June 2021
    Surely this is Football. You make good signings, you are optimistic, you don't and you are pessimistic and there is often that bit in the middle when you are waiting for signings to come through where you are concerned or you lose players you think will be hard to replace which doesn't help. This is because most of what you officially hear from any club is not genuinely informative and sugar coated and actions always speak louder than words. There are better players than the ones we have lost so seeing as the ones we had couldn't get us in the play offs, we ought to expect those coming in to be a collective improvement.  

We are obviously going to make some signings and the quality of those will be the proof of the pudding. Given the amount of time this club has spent recent years in this poxy division, and the amount of false dawns that have turned to you know what, it is probably experience that should teach us not to do cartwheels prematurely.
  • I'm waiting for the evidence to buy a season ticket as I am fed up of the mediocrity and false promises we always get. I am still expecting positive action so not in panic mode but Chuks was a big marker for me and it is an understatement I am disappointed he is leaving. Cue people being ok about it because of his lack of minutes last season. To be honest, I have no interest in these views as I believe they lack football knowledge. We have to be better than last season and it isn't easy to replace what Chuks gives us, but we shall see. I will worry after the Euros if there is something to worry about!   
    You want everyone else to fund better players before you put your hand in your pocket and then you add insult to injury by saying many of our fans lack football knowledge as well.

Blokes got an opinion about everything and he's right and everyone else is wrong on every occasion.
  • DOUCHER said:
    I'm waiting for the evidence to buy a season ticket as I am fed up of the mediocrity and false promises we always get. I am still expecting positive action so not in panic mode but Chuks was a big marker for me and it is an understatement I am disappointed he is leaving. Cue people being ok about it because of his lack of minutes last season. To be honest, I have no interest in these views as I believe they lack football knowledge. We have to be better than last season and it isn't easy to replace what Chuks gives us, but we shall see. I will worry after the Euros if there is something to worry about!   

100% spot on
    Well season ticket sales have been very healthy so we should be looking forward to some great signings. 
    No thanks to you.

If you put away a penny everytime you posted on here you'd have enough for five Season Tickets.
  • DOUCHER said:

100% spot on
    i am but i'd be looking forward to even greater signings if we'd sold even more
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    I have spent a lot on Charlton over the years. And I will be spending a lot on Charlton next season. Quite possibly more than you have but it isn't a competition. I have an opinion but unlike you my opinion is never presented as fact. You will notice when I give an opinion I start with I believe or I think. Forums are where people give their opinions aren't they?
  • DOUCHER said:

100% spot on
    Except that season ticket revenue hasn't exceeded player costs at Charlton (or most other clubs) in living memory, so this argument has never stood up.
    That's a pity. I didn't think it did but my hesitation on getting a season ticket is apparently to blame!
  • I have spent a lot on Charlton over the years. And I will be spending a lot on Charlton next season. Quite possibly more than you have but it isn't a competition. I have an opinion but unlike you my opinion is never presented as fact. You will notice when I give an opinion I start with I believe or I think. Forums are where people give their opinions aren't they?
    its very simple -  pretty much the only influence we can have over the quality of signings, is to buy  a season ticket - that isn't going to be the only thing that will affect the quality of signings, of course, but it is virtually the only thing we, as fans, can do to influence it - do what you like but i'd say that is a fact 
  • shine166 said:
    Strange old world, when people want Williams back but we're happy for chucks to leave. 
    Definitely wasn’t happy for Chuks to leave but football is a squad game. A fit, happy, well motivated Williams could be a very useful player to have off the bench and at this juncture won’t cost an awful lot. We need bodies not just for the first eleven but players that are good backup. I think Williams fits that bill. Fwiw I don’t think Bowyer was the man to get the best out of Williams and I think probably Adkins is.
    That's kinda my point, everything being said to justify Williams coming back, could have been said for chucks. For the record, I am in the camp of chucks contribution can't be easily replaced amd wanted him to stay and have vocalised that previously. 
  • Richard J said:
    Luton fans seem convinced it’s them re: CMG.
     Must have a really poor idea of a nice town then . Morecambe is dull and remote and Luton is , well , dreadful but has an airport to escape via. 
    Of course they also shared Eric Morecambe who has a statue by the seaside and was the Hatters most famous fan .
     Eric was about as funny as living in either place but marginally funnier than Keith Lemon .

Please don't mention Eric Morecambe and the character Keith Lemon at the same time or your pips will be squeezed.  :#

Now back to Football rumours.
  • edited June 2021
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Nixon with the groundbreaking news that we’re interested in MacGillivray.
    If MacGillivary doesn't end up signing for whatever reason, as most on here hope, then we are really in shit street regarding GK as it seems, that is the only name being banded about... now Nixon has appeared on the scene,.... let's just hope it isn't the kiss of death on any deal.
    No chance he’s the only GK on our list. We don’t have any names for some positions, doesn’t mean we’re not looking to sign anyone.
    Nah, probably dozens of names on this "list", must be like the dead sea scrolls eh, don't know why we bother getting so concerned about "our bloody club", anyway, let's hope we are looking to sign someone, but not just anyone.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stop talking about Williams, some snot nosed teenager mentions him on Twitter and this site goes into meltdown.

Stop wetting the bed, change those sheets, relax and look forward to Belgium v Portugal later. 
    I didn't see it on twitter and I highly doubt the person who told me did either. 
    So where did you see it or where did the person you know it hear it from? Was it Nigel, Steve, Johnny? If not, get some dry sheets on, relax and watch the Euros…
    Sorry?  What bed have I wet?

If we only pass things on directly from Nigle Steve or the player this would be a very short thread.  I heard that we had offered him the chance to do preseason with us after a 2 week break.

I passed that on.  I will watch the Euros when there is a game on, thinks for the advice, I didn't know they were on until you mentioned it. 
    There is a big difference in letting an (ex) player train with us because he wants to keep his fitness levels up to wanting to sign him. Iirc Roger Johnson 'trained" with us one pre-season before moving on (to Bromley ?) and we even had Rob Elliott here last season (and all the bed wetting that went on with that !) before he got a gig with a Premier League side. 

• DOUCHER said:

100% spot on
    Except that season ticket revenue hasn't exceeded player costs at Charlton (or most other clubs) in living memory, so this argument has never stood up.
    are we nearly at the point where you and peter varney have to save us Airman?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    I have spent a lot on Charlton over the years. And I will be spending a lot on Charlton next season. Quite possibly more than you have but it isn't a competition. I have an opinion but unlike you my opinion is never presented as fact. You will notice when I give an opinion I start with I believe or I think. Forums are where people give their opinions aren't they?
    its very simple -  pretty much the only influence we can have over the quality of signings, is to buy  a season ticket - that isn't going to be the only thing that will affect the quality of signings, of course, but it is virtually the only thing we, as fans, can do to influence it - do what you like but i'd say that is a fact 
    I agree, but my view is that my holding off getting a season ticket won't make any difference one way or the other as per Airman's comment. It certainly isn't a protest, it is more that I am personally sick of being beaten at home in League One by crap teams playing crap football and have lost patience with it. If we do well, which I have certainly not ruled out, I will go to the games. Had we signed Chuks I would have bought a season ticket, it was a marker I had in my head of us going in the right direction. I am now waiting for different markers. I have never booed my team so whilst some season ticket holders may choose go and to do that if we do badly, I would rather be doing something else. 
  • Looks like Liam Millar off to Basel for a 7 figure sum.
  • se9addick said:
    RedRobin said:
    Turning down the two biggest teams in England, man’s a nutcase

Being the number 3 keeper at United and playing 1 game a season or going to Wigan and playing every week ?

Wages would be higher as number 3 at United but he is too young and can do that in 3 or 4 years time. Playing matches is still the buzz for most pro footballers as well as the dosh.

• 10 weeks till the windows shuts?

Relax and do something else to take your mind off Charlton.

Formula one, cricket, Wimbledon hey even Netball, we could do with a ship load of Valium prescribed to calm people down!
  • mendonca said:
    Looks like Liam Millar off to Basel for a 7 figure sum.
    It could be a good move for him. He did have something IMO whilst there were improvement areas for sure. It is probably why he joined us in the first place. I would have been delighted if we got him back but it doesn't look given this news that was ever a possibility.
  • Player prices and wages are in silly season. Do people really want us to go spending way beyond our means? Because that's the only way we are going to be outbidding the nouveau riche teams and championship teams.

No, better for us to try to find good value players that mentally fit it into the image that NA is trying to build the team. And through a bit of luck and good management we can get promoted.

Newsflash: we are not going to be buying the league one title. It's not happening despite the gusto of TS's talk when he tookover. I'm sure he wasn't trying to mislead, he's just a successful businessman who thought he would be an instant winner at football too.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!