Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Has Ben Amos been even a moderate success at any club bar us in the last 10 years?

This is why I am slightly surprised he is moving (to be up north). I guess he has made his money in the game though.
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Has Amos ever moved for a fee?
    Nope but neither did Sol Campbell

Edit neither has the stuff of many a wet dreams Scott Fraser. 
    Ha, I am sure that a load haven’t, but I think Amos has had about 11 clubs! 
    I think Sol who played the vast majority of his career in the Premiership was never sitting there hoping someone would pick him up!
    He has only been permanently at Man United, Bolton, Millwall and us. 

I don't think Amos who signed two "first team" contracts at Man United and a massive signing on fee for Bolton has either. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Piggot not yet signed anywhere.
    He will next week.
    Saw Bristol City mentioned for him 
  • Pompey linked with Ben Thompson, would be a good signing for us.
    He'd never join us
  • I like Williams but he's never really delivered for us. His best years are past him and he's not what we need to get promoted. 
  • We need Driesen.

Come home The Special One. 
    Have you been on the sauce? 🤔
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

I think Sol who played the vast majority of his career in the Premiership was never sitting there hoping someone would pick him up!

I don't think Amos who signed two "first team" contracts at Man United and a massive signing on fee for Bolton has either. 
    I am sorry, but I don’t understand what you are saying?
    They’ve just signed Ryan Tunnicliffe and Shaun Williams, both ex spanner’s, looks like Cowley is putting together a scrappy/horrible team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 6 days before the transfer window closes.

Oops sorry it's 66 days.
    But only 42 days until the first game and only 4 days to starting preparation. I assume that we a agree that a good pre season is important and that requires time.
    Doubt many third division teams have their squad sorted, or anything like sorted, by the first training session of the pre-season. 

Hopefully we’ll have the makings of a squad by the Dartford match and then be pretty much ready by Reading (aside from a final enormous marquee signing on deadline day). 
  • Maccn05 said:
    I can’t see Eisa coming in he can’t play on his own on up top and NA generally plays that way.

People on here keep talking about a front two when history shows he rarely does so I’m not sure why that’s even a discussion.
    Agree. Someone like Stephen Humphrys would be an ideal replacement for Chuks to give us competition / an alternative for the loan CF role.

Him, Fraser, Famewo & MacGillivray would get the transfer ball rolling nicely.
  • What I don't get is Amos to Wigan. We know we were trying to sign him, so how can Wigan with all their troubles beat us to that signature. I suppose if I had a pair of rose tinted specs I would speculate that we have changed our mind or have somebody better lined up. Waiting to hear who it is.
    Or maybe we don’t have the money. Why is no one considering this very obvious option? Just because TS has $800M does not mean he is going to spend it on us. I’ve not seen him ever say he was going to splash any cash on us and in fact still does not own any club assets like the stadium or training ground, correct? As I feel I must keep pointing out, we are net sellers since his arrival. Maybe the reason we are losing our players and not winning bids for some is simply down to the fact he won’t spend that kind of money and the agents and players know this and we do not. Is no one other than myself considering this possibility? At all? If not, why not?
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

I am sorry, but I don’t understand what you are saying?
    I mean he has hardly been hoping someone will pick him up either.  I don't think he has ever been "without a club" and was made for life when he signed for Bolton.

You made it sound like he was scrambling around every few years hopping for a job offer. 
  • did williams miss many games last season through injury? 

I think he missed 2 or 3? How many did famewo, innis, gilbey and Washington miss?
  • did williams miss many games last season through injury? 

I think he missed 2 or 3? How many did famewo, innis, gilbey and Washington miss?
    1 after international duty
  • Apparently Amos has signed a 3 year deal with Wigan 
  • se9addick said:
    6 days before the transfer window closes.

Oops sorry it's 66 days.
    But only 42 days until the first game and only 4 days to starting preparation. I assume that we a agree that a good pre season is important and that requires time.
    Doubt many third division teams have their squad sorted, or anything like sorted, by the first training session of the pre-season. 

Hopefully we’ll have the makings of a squad by the Dartford match and then be pretty much ready by Reading (aside from a final enormous marquee signing on deadline day). 
    Wigan, Ipswich and Portsmouth plus Lincoln are further ahead and Oxford have a decent group. There are only 3 promotion places. 
    Well that’s that then.
  • What I don't get is Amos to Wigan. We know we were trying to sign him, so how can Wigan with all their troubles beat us to that signature. I suppose if I had a pair of rose tinted specs I would speculate that we have changed our mind or have somebody better lined up. Waiting to hear who it is.
    Or maybe we don’t have the money. Why is no one considering this very obvious option? Just because TS has $800M does not mean he is going to spend it on us. I’ve not seen him ever say he was going to splash any cash on us and in fact still does not own any club assets like the stadium or training ground, correct? As I feel I must keep pointing out, we are net sellers since his arrival. Maybe the reason we are losing our players and not winning bids for some is simply down to the fact he won’t spend that kind of money and the agents and players know this and we do not. Is no one other than myself considering this possibility? At all? If not, why not?
    I think I know the answer to this one. 
  • Can't believe Amos would choose Wigan over us 
    He not …. He chose his family over London 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    Turning down the two biggest teams in England, man’s a nutcase
  • Unbelievable! Man utd really wanted to sign Amos?

The world really has gone mad. 
  • edited June 2021
    Unbelievable! Man utd really wanted to sign Amos?

The world really has gone mad. 
    Squad registration rules for the Premier League. He came out of their academy so probably bonus points on top of him being an English player.
  • So many of you are crazy. It’s still June!
  • Would welcome Johnny Williams back personally a talented player 
  • Would welcome Johnny Williams back personally a talented player 
    Is that the fella who didnt get a kick in 4 games at the Euro's ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!