Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• 6 days before the transfer window closes.

Oops sorry it's 66 days.
    But only 42 days until the first game and only 4 days to starting preparation. I assume that we a agree that a good pre season is important and that requires time.
    Addick1956 - you come across as such a glass half empty kind of person. 

Be positive, take a deep breath and enjoy the Euros. 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Nixon with the groundbreaking news that we’re interested in MacGillivray.
    If MacGillivary doesn't end up signing for whatever reason, as most on here hope, then we are really in shit street regarding GK as it seems, that is the only name being banded about... now Nixon has appeared on the scene,.... let's just hope it isn't the kiss of death on any deal.
    No chance he’s the only GK on our list. We don’t have any names for some positions, doesn’t mean we’re not looking to sign anyone.
    Why do people always see the negative, all managers bemoan the lack of control once a game kicks off. At this rate our manager will be in goal so he can help the team even more.
  • McGillivray. I’ve just spent the last ten minutes practicing saying his name so it trips off the tongue. I’ve nailed it. We won’t be signing him now.
  • tajaddick said:
    Lee Gregory being bounded around in some sectors as a possible for us.
    Good call did he not go to derby ? Or was it just a loan but perfect for league one 
  • RedRobin said:
    I doubt we were offering a three year deal to Amos makes sense if he’s taken the offer from Wigan. This nonsense that he wanted to move back up North, if that were the case why wait until now to move? You’d just part ways and club would have moved on. He’s also been down South for about four years so don’t think it’s purely down to that, money talks and it looks like Wigan are paying out top dollar. 
    We offered two year deal and said he would be number one … Wigan only come in fir him over the past week and the only team who given him the chance to move back to the family home 
  • I really don’t think getting Williams back is a good idea. Lots of love for him, but time for all parties to move on. 
  • Can't believe people would take Williams back.

About MacGillivray. Didn't Adkins say recently that if Amos went then AMB would be our number one. If so then MacGillivray won't come to sit on the bench. You'd need an older pro as backup in that case.
    I think Adkins was using the media to try to get Amos & his agent to sign a contract with us with that comment. He hoped it would limit their demands by announcing that he had someone else in the squad good enough to be number 1. In reality I expect the club would much prefer AMB to get some loan experience before being relied on.

Similarly NA also told the media that all our out of contract players had told him they wanted to stay!!....in the hope that this comment encouraged them to sign up.
    Sounds like Adkins & Sandgaard need to 🤐 as it seems the more they say the worse it gets.
  • McGillivray. I’ve just spent the last ten minutes practicing saying his name so it trips off the tongue. I’ve nailed it. We won’t be signing him now.
    I'd prefer we kept Amos as his name is a lot easier to type and spell
  • Sponsored links:

• tajaddick said:
    He is will 33 come the end of August so if we are thinking of signing him then we are f**ked. And he's 6ft 2. We've already got 2 tall strikers- what we dont have is a BWP or Darren Bent - a pacy striker that can run off the shoulder of defenders.
  • edited June 2021
    tajaddick said:
    He is will 33 come the end of August so if we are thinking of signing him then we are f**ked. And he's 6ft 2. We've already got 2 tall strikers- what we dont have is a BWP or Darren Bent - a pacy striker that can run off the shoulder of defenders.
    In a preferred one up front then Gregory as cover could be a very smart move. In that system you need hold up play not channel runs which is what Washington is good at.
  • edited June 2021
  • Is Stephen Humphrys on our list. 

He should be.

Would be perfect for giving us the depth we need now Chuks has gone. Potential to develop into a great player.
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbf Gomes is the first one that has gone elsewhere that we were actually interested in, 99 times out of 100 a player will sign for the team in the higher division. Same with Aneke.

Still confident our squad will be right up there come August.

PS the player that is close to signing is a good one.
    Cawley said we wanted Graham? 
    And he was correct. Adkins was very keen on him, but Birmingham stepped in with a better offer.
  • At worst, Williams won't make a League One squad worse. He certainly won't make our current squad worse. Apologies for stating the blindingly obvious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stop talking about Williams, some snot nosed teenager mentions him on Twitter and this site goes into meltdown.

Stop wetting the bed, change those sheets, relax and look forward to Belgium v Portugal later. 
  • At worst, Williams won't make a League One squad worse. He certainly won't make our current squad worse. Apologies for stating the blindingly obvious.
    Obviously not, but could the budget be used in a better way? I expect so.
  • We need to judge the quality of our recruitment when we kick our first ball in anger. So far there are signs that we should be a little concerned but that can change with some good signings in the coming days and weeks. I don't think I have to advise fellow Charlton fans not to get too excited until there is something to get excited about. 
  • Sage said:
    When did this “invest many millions” ever get said? I think people have heard what Mumford said and twisted it and ran with it.

A ground-breaking deal for the club between 3-5 years is what I believe was mentioned. Doesn’t say millions are going to be pumped in. I think you have to think outside the box. What are these sponsors going to get involved in? I have no idea, and it’s the club’s prerogative to announce it in due time, but I personally think we are leading ourselves up the garden path of disappointment if we start thinking millions and millions are going to be pumped in to the club.
    This. The reality is that Charlton isn’t a very good business (as opposed to club). It can make a profit in the PL but so can others. It needs a benefactor as well as a focused approach to maximising its opportunities off the pitch as well as on it. TS is a fine benefactor, for which we are grateful, and we’ll see over time If he can run a football business as well as he evidently thinks. There is, currently, very little evidence to judge. No fan wants him to fail.

Good post Airman.
    I am going to state the obvious here but the main reason many of us Addicks are so anxious about the lack of activity re incoming new signings is the amount of ‘kickings’ we have taken over the last 5 years or so.....we have a very obvious streak of apprehension and cynicism running through our fan base, it’s palatable and totally understandable.
    Years of what’s going on off the pitch being more important and discussed than the football on the pitch......its been very very challenging.
    Is there a set of fans anywhere in the country that has been more provoked and mentally screwed up over such a long period of time than the Addicks.....if so, I would be more than a little surprised.
    so many "Addicks" have way too much time on their hands, limited imaginations, access to the internet and cripplingly fragile egos fueled only by how much internet bullshit coverage, likes, LOLs and terminal pointlessness they can wallow in

• Stop talking about Williams, some snot nosed teenager mentions him on Twitter and this site goes into meltdown.

Stop wetting the bed, change those sheets, relax and look forward to Belgium v Portugal later. 
    I didn't see it on twitter and I highly doubt the person who told me did either. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Stop talking about Williams, some snot nosed teenager mentions him on Twitter and this site goes into meltdown.

I didn't see it on twitter and I highly doubt the person who told me did either. 
    So where did you see it or where did the person you know it hear it from? Was it Nigel, Steve, Johnny? If not, get some dry sheets on, relax and watch the Euros…
  • I'm waiting for the evidence to buy a season ticket as I am fed up of the mediocrity and false promises we always get. I am still expecting positive action so not in panic mode but Chuks was a big marker for me and it is an understatement I am disappointed he is leaving. Cue people being ok about it because of his lack of minutes last season. To be honest, I have no interest in these views as I believe they lack football knowledge. We have to be better than last season and it isn't easy to replace what Chuks gives us, but we shall see. I will worry after the Euros if there is something to worry about!   
    The more S/Ts we sell the better squad we could afford.
    Talk about wanting your cake and eating it.
    You want everyone else to fund better players before you put your hand in your pocket and then you add insult to injury by saying many of our fans lack football knowledge as well.

100% spot on
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Stop talking about Williams, some snot nosed teenager mentions him on Twitter and this site goes into meltdown.

So where did you see it or where did the person you know it hear it from? Was it Nigel, Steve, Johnny? If not, get some dry sheets on, relax and watch the Euros…
    Sorry?  What bed have I wet?

If we only pass things on directly from Nigle Steve or the player this would be a very short thread.  I heard that we had offered him the chance to do preseason with us after a 2 week break.

I passed that on.  I will watch the Euros when there is a game on, thinks for the advice, I didn't know they were on until you mentioned it. 
  • Scoham said:
    Nixon with the groundbreaking news that we’re interested in MacGillivray.
    why does the repugnantnicko get any credence among Charlton fans?
    He's a proven gutter dredging scum bag who barely gets a look in at m"rd0(h's despicable red top rag

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!