Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• So many wet beds! 
  • edited June 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Has Amos ever moved for a fee?
    Nope but neither did Sol Campbell

Edit neither has the stuff of many a wet dreams Scott Fraser. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    It’s also been suggested to me that Jonnie Williams is an option to come back…. And if that’s our level of ambition then I’d say we’re going nowhere this season.

An injury prone, high earning player who doesn’t have a natural position, doesn’t contribute goals or assists and couldn’t get a game for us or Cardiff 👍🏼
    I have heard that J Williams maybe changing his name to A Trialist after a two week break.  I didn't want to mention it because I thought it was cause a melt down, with people saying exactly what you just have. 

But hay ho. 
    Oh bloody hell. That will cause the usual Johnny debate on here lol
  • Redrobo said:
    Nope
  • RedRyan said:
    Anyone know where Amos was born or if he's ever had a house built near there?
    I think we need a house buying (building?) analogy to help us understand what’s going on here.
    You’ve laid the foundations 👍
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd welcome Williams back. Adkins seems the ideal manager for him. Proper arm round the shoulder type.
    Dazzler mate ! Come on we are all hoping for some decent signings that can get us out of this league. You seriously think JW is one of the players we should be bringing in ???
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd welcome Williams back. Adkins seems the ideal manager for him. Proper arm round the shoulder type.
    Agreed, if anyone could get a tune out of Williams again it would be Adkins. But Jonny would have to be a lot better than he was near the end. Maybe stay on his feet for a start. But when he’s good I enjoy watching him.(would we be going backwards though?).
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    If Williams comes back, I'm gonna kick off.
    We need to win the toss first
  • edited June 2021
    I’d be fuming if we re-sign Jonny, love the guy but screams desperation. Move on. 
  • Anyone know where Amos was born or if he's ever had a house built near there?
    I know this. I know this…….Plymouth?
    You can get a 3 bed house in Plymouth for 100k
  • Williams coming back is pure Twitter nonsense 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd welcome Williams back at the right price... Adkins seems the ideal manager for him. Proper arm round the shoulder type.

Stockley
    A. Playmaker Williams Darjeeling tea

Not a bad attack in a 4231, Gilbey and a proper young dynamic DM plus defence and thats your starting side. 
  • Rothko said:
    Williams coming back is pure Twitter nonsense 
    I don't mind that either.
  • I'd be disappointed with us signingr Mo Eisa as a Aneke replacement
    Honestly we are not going to be signing a pure proven goalscorer as Anekes replacement. Aneke was the proven goalscorer and we’ve lost him. 

If there’s another such player at this level then he’ll attract interest from the championship and we’ll lose out. 

We’ll be shopping for players like Eisa who obviously have quality but haven’t quite hit their peak and hoping that we can make it happen for them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Nope but neither did Sol Campbell

Edit neither has the stuff of many a wet dreams Scott Fraser. 
    Ha, I am sure that a load haven’t, but I think Amos has had about 11 clubs! 
    I think Sol who played the vast majority of his career in the Premiership was never sitting there hoping someone would pick him up!
    Honestly we are not going to be signing a pure proven goalscorer as Anekes replacement. Aneke was the proven goalscorer and we’ve lost him. 

If there’s another such player at this level then he’ll attract interest from the championship and we’ll lose out. 

We’ll be shopping for players like Eisa who obviously have quality but haven’t quite hit their peak and hoping that we can make it happen for them. 
    Spot on.

You would think Stockley would get at least 15 goals if he plays enough. The big task this season is getting more goals from midfield, spreading the load out a bit more. Hoping for some mobile and exciting players to come in that can carry the ball, score and create.
  • Aneke did to us what he did to Franchise when he came to us. Division up move, more money and a new watch. Don’t blame him, but he was never going to sign unless we were in the Championship 
  • edited June 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd be disappointed with us signingr Mo Eisa as a Aneke replacement

Spot on.
    But there are players out of contract in the Championship who could do a job for us.
    A couple who have played for us before! In SG we trust.
  • This will all be forgotten when we announce a double swoop for Joel Randall and Carlos Mendes Gomes early next week.
    Doh
    I think it shows that if we are after players that Championship clubs are also interested in we have no hope.

• Piggot not yet signed anywhere.
  • Piggot not yet signed anywhere.
    He will next week.
  • Rothko said:
    Williams coming back is pure Twitter nonsense 
    Have you seen it on twitter, I haven't 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!