Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I had a look at all League One transfers to see how slow we have been on transfers compared to our rivals. The answer is unsurprisingly a bit slow, but the other "big" clubs have been slow too. 

https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/06/27/league-1-transfer-window/
  • edited June 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    Another rumour for you just been told Fredie ladapo his younger brothers is in our under 18's.
    Is this an actual rumour or just taken from another forum where this afternoon a member simply said they would like to think we would be looking at him?
  • I had a look at all League One transfers to see how slow we have been on transfers compared to our rivals. The answer is unsurprisingly a bit slow, but the other "big" clubs have been slow too. 

https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/06/27/league-1-transfer-window/

From that list, out of the ones with no signings, 3 are relegated teams (and Sheff Wed are under a transfer embargo) so probably have decent enough players for League 1. I also expect not many other teams have "lost" 12 first teamers & so dont have much to make up. The list posted earlier by another poster showed both players leaving & those joining. Oxford released just 1 player. 

We are so far behind most other teams in this League. In 8 hours time the players will be reporting for their first day back. Currently just 11 of them played for the first team last season. 

• I hope we are more advanced in transfer business than when we kicked off at Sunderland a few seasons ago and lost 2-1 to a late goal after Grant and Taylor looked good in Tandem. We should be as we have a better team including the owner preparing our squad.

So do I ....... mind you, that season we still got promoted though!

• Sponsored links:

• Silly season well and truly under way .. Charlton quoted over 1mill for a Crewe player and Sheff Wed want 5 mill for Josh Windass from Millwall ..
    no wonder there no actual money transfers taking place 
  • Southbank said:
    https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-transfer-window-2021-8040208

Almost every League ! club has signed more players than we, and most have not let as many go. Does anybody understand why we are behind and what our strategy is? We cannot be offering enough money to keep players like Chuks and Amos. Are we hoping to pick up bargains from the basement at some time? It does not smack of a promotion building strategy.

Some cracking goals from Scott Twine
     Heard he's been stringing clubs along.
  • it's almost like TS reads this thread....
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-transfer-window-2021-8040208

Almost every League ! club has signed more players than we, and most have not let as many go. Does anybody understand why we are behind and what our strategy is? We cannot be offering enough money to keep players like Chuks and Amos. Are we hoping to pick up bargains from the basement at some time? It does not smack of a promotion building strategy.

Some cracking goals from Scott Twine
     Heard he's been stringing clubs along.
    Yeah, he’s knot all that
  • Not in the know at all but I reckon 2 or 3 will be incoming this week to calm everyone down..
  • Silly season well and truly under way .. Charlton quoted over 1mill for a Crewe player and Sheff Wed want 5 mill for Josh Windass from Millwall ..
    no wonder there no actual money transfers taking place 
    Wednesday trying to cheat the rules again by selling a player they don’t own for £5m!
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 year deal from Wigan, is pretty good, I wonder if we only offered him a years contract?

No idea how good the Pompey keeper were being linked with is, whether he’s better, worse or about the same, anyone have any thoughts on the Pompey keeper?

This is how it works:
    Now Ben Amos has decided to go South to Wigan; apologies I was using Dale Stephen's Satnav. North to Wigan we are certain he should've visited  Spec savers because he can't see the ball from 25 yards or more.

Ben was certainly in credit, and a competent League 1 keeper but MacGillivray is far better if he stands at the valley holding scarfy high and states that CAFC are a massive club and he will grasp this opportunity with both hands; better than punching.

If Mac doesn't sign, then he wasn't all that anyway.

Best. Summary. Ever.
  • edited June 2021
    Can I Praise @ElliotCAFC for genuine ITK info and passing it on. In Elliot we trust.

I like the idea that a goalkeeper has been building a house with all the money he has acquired from 13 years of being a Professional and that Ben is good at DIY and is good with his hands.

Can you confirm the wall Amos built in front of his Conservatory, stops the balls from his Neighbour's house from hitting his windows ?

• Chunes said:
    I wish Thomas had tweeted something like: "This is a lot harder than I thought!" 

That would've really got this thread going
    July 2nd: TS launches new account on Grindr
  • Amos to Wigan confirmed on their OS
  • I am absolutely outraged that we haven't got the Sanchez Watt deal over the line 12 hours after it was confirmed.  I am going to tag Thomas in to a tweet to show my outrage :wink:

Re Lapado unless Rotherham are trying to "jog him on" they are going to want a good fee and whilst he won't be on silly money he would probably be our highest earner, or close to it.  Like with Eisa for what he would cost he would have to be the "main man" and I think we have already signed him.

I can't see why Crewe wanting a good fee for a player, who I assume is Dale, is an issue.  There would have been outrage if we had sold Doughty, Bonne or Phillips to a club in the same divison for a bargain fee last summer.  Why should they?   We either pay it or we don't and move on.  If we even want him.

Anyway, there will be dry sheets a plenty come the end of the week.  It's going to be a good week. 

Make the most of your day :smile:
  • 3 year deal from Wigan, is pretty good, I wonder if we only offered him a years contract?

No idea how good the Pompey keeper were being linked with is, whether he’s better, worse or about the same, anyone have any thoughts on the Pompey keeper?

This is how it works:
    Now Ben Amos has decided to go South to Wigan; apologies I was using Dale Stephen's Satnav. North to Wigan we are certain he should've visited  Spec savers because he can't see the ball from 25 yards or more.

Ben was certainly in credit, and a competent League 1 keeper but MacGillivray is far better if he stands at the valley holding scarfy high and states that CAFC are a massive club and he will grasp this opportunity with both hands; better than punching.

If Mac doesn't sign, then he wasn't all that anyway.

Exactly
  • So Amos signs for Wigan on a two year deal and not three like the mail reported! 
  • FWIW 

I have no idea if MacGillivray is better than Amos, but he managed just two clean sheets fewer than Amos who had misfits in front of him a lot of last season. The key difference is MacGillivray should be hitting his prime and it seems wants to join (if all the rumours are true) conversely Amos has done well last season, but no longer wishes to be here. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!