Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Just means we need to rebuild the core of the side in 40 days. Don’t panic mr manwarring 
  • Hemeds available!!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    If he wants to go then fine, good luck to him, time to move on innit 
    Only if it's true....... 
    That’s worth remembering. Have a feeling though that Birmingham or another will announce Chuks next Thursday. I think he’s intent on departing. Whatever Nigel said to him obviously didn’t work. 
    Would Chucks pass a medical?
  • edited June 2021
    Hemeds available!!
    You can get cream for that from your local pharmacy 😉.
  • Ferryman said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    If he wants to go then fine, good luck to him, time to move on innit 
    Only if it's true....... 
    That’s worth remembering. Have a feeling though that Birmingham or another will announce Chuks next Thursday. I think he’s intent on departing. Whatever Nigel said to him obviously didn’t work. 
    Would Chucks pass a medical?
    Depends if they've agreed an allowance in his medical for his psychological issue in trusting his body.
  • Would Jed Steer be available?

What is his position at Villa? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Team for friendly one...

M.Brewer
    Barker - Inniss - Gunter
    Jaiyesimi - Gilbey - Watson - Morgan - Clayden
    Stockley - Washington

I've clearly missed news somewhere, but who is Clayden?
  • edited June 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Team for friendly one...

M.Brewer
    Barker - Inniss - Gunter
    Jaiyesimi - Gilbey - Watson - Morgan - Clayden
    Stockley - Washington

I've clearly missed news somewhere, but who is Clayden?
    Charles Clayden... U23 got signed from Leyton Orient a few years ago

Came in around the same time as Toby Stevenson
  • with Amos and Aneke gone it reduces our age average which is one is NA's aims
  • Sponsored links:

• League 1 season starts on August 7th so I hope most of our signing will be done over the Next 28 days. 
  • All the best chuks.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Two good players that have rejected our contract offer. Can’t say I’m happy 
    One wants to be with his family so no matter we offered him 50,000 a week don’t change anything the other a player who found a club that going to give him one last chance at championship level as a sub ….. 
    you mates with him and know that yeah? 
  • with Amos and Aneke gone it reduces our age average which is one is NA's aims
    Would have rather Pearce and Watson leave to achieve this  .
  • Go and be on the bench at Birmingham.
  • I'm more than happy to see some of the younger lads given a chance. Surely this is the league to do this in? Onwards and upwards.
  • It’s good that our new goalkeeper coach can poach players from millwalls u10s.....
  • Go and be on the bench at Birmingham.
    Just like he would be here.

Chucks you will be missed, good luck in your nect chapter. 
  • edited June 2021
    I'm more than happy to see some of the younger lads given a chance. Surely this is the league to do this in? Onwards and upwards.
    No point if they aren't good enough the youngsters that should be given a chance now were Morgan and Doughty and who ever their peers where.  Its not Thomas's fault that pipeline was ransacked. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So what’s needed now ?

1 Goalkeeper ( 2 if AMB goes out on loan) 
    2 x Centre backs
    1 x Left Back
    2 wingers
    2 x Central midfielders ( perhaps interchangeable with wingers ?) 
    1 Striker

Thats a very tall order to get top two quality. 
    Make that at least 2 strikers. We currently only have 3 (not inc Davison) and one of those is Schwartz, who the vast majority dont rate. I think he may be ok but we seriously need someone like BWP with pace to play up front.
  • J BLOCK said:
    People trying to justify it. Ultimately two key players we’ve offered contracts too have rejected. Let’s not make excuses. We’ve also signed zero new players for the team that finished last season. 
    Amos to Wigan maybe, but Aneke has had the opportunity to go to a league higher

Cant blame him regardless what we offered
  • As I said last season, I don’t feel any emotional connection to any of these players and they failed to make the playoffs. Not bothered if any leave and we got a totally new squad.
    Exactly my thoughts. Not bothered who goes (with the exception of Inniss)
    You might be soon when we cant get anyone in & we are relying on loans again. 

I'm sure even the most optimistic, rise tinted glass wearer would have thought we would be in a better position than this entering July.

And just imagine if we had got into the play offs....seeing as what supposedly holding us up was not knowing what division we would be in. The season only ended 8 weeks ago !!
  • As I said last season, I don’t feel any emotional connection to any of these players and they failed to make the playoffs. Not bothered if any leave and we got a totally new squad.
    If Morgan left I'd be more gutted and that's truthfully.

I still think there is so much more to come from this kid and Adkins found that out too late IMHO
  • edited June 2021
    As I said last season, I don’t feel any emotional connection to any of these players and they failed to make the playoffs. Not bothered if any leave and we got a totally new squad.

I'm sure even the most optimistic, rise tinted glass wearer would have thought we would be in a better position than this entering July.

And just imagine if we had got into the play offs....seeing as what supposedly holding us up was not knowing what division we would be in. The season only ended 8 weeks ago !!
    Come on... 5 days... Everything can change in that time. We don't enter July until midnight Wednesday. 

As a 🌹 👓 wearer I have concerns, but I'll need to see how the next stage pans out.

I'd like to officially use the phrase: "The next two weeks are crucial".
  • J BLOCK said:
    People trying to justify it. Ultimately two key players we’ve offered contracts too have rejected. Let’s not make excuses. We’ve also signed zero new players for the team that finished last season. 
    Not only lost 2 key players but released a load as well. Also dont forget the loanees who made a difference last season. Look at the team for the last game of the season & see how many are now not here.

Does anyone think that we're not bringing in five loanees regardless of the perm signings we make?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!