Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Team for friendly one...

M.Brewer
    Barker - Inniss - Gunter
    Jaiyesimi - Gilbey - Watson - Morgan - Clayden
    Stockley - Washington

Now name the seven subs 😉
    Youth
    Youth
    Youth
    Tooth
    Youth
    Youth
    Youth
    👍 I bet Pearce will delighted with being called a youth 😁
  • Watson is CM, Pearce is the tooth as in long in the tooth.
  • So what’s needed now ?

1 Goalkeeper ( 2 if AMB goes out on loan) 
    2 x Centre backs
    1 x Left Back
    2 wingers
    2 x Central midfielders ( perhaps interchangeable with wingers ?) 
    1 Striker

Thats a very tall order to get top two quality. 

• Looks like Wigan are taking their rebuild seriously..... 
  • Sage said:
    Now we have lots of work to do, we were hoping to keep them but you now have to add a keeper and a striker on the list of what is required.

I am calm, but I do think it’s going to be a harder season than many would’ve anticipated going into this summer and this is not a reaction from the news today.

Sandgaard would do well to appoint a CEO who runs things on the ground whilst he’s in the US. I get it’s his way and all those reasons, but we need that figurehead in the UK. 
    I did suggest someone to Thomas via LinkedIn and that individual did try to make contact but didn’t hear back.  Looks like he’s just about to land Amos for his new club.

I do understand why Thomas wanted to do this himself at the start. Coming in and getting to understand the Club and everything that was needed.  The structure has been improving with every appointment since and I think this will be the last piece soon.  
  • So what’s needed now ?

1 Goalkeeper ( 2 if AMB goes out on loan) 
    2 x Centre backs
    1 x Left Back
    2 wingers
    2 x Central midfielders ( perhaps interchangeable with wingers ?) 
    1 Striker

Thats a very tall order to get top two quality. 
     1 GK
     1 RB
     2 CB
     1 LB
     1 RW
     1 LW
     2 CM 
     2 STR

• If there gone,there gone. Onwards and upwards. 

Chuks as an asset but is also a luxury at this level.  Any other club will use and abuse his body and soon be wondering why. 

Amos, be here twice maybe he didn't want to play 2nd string again. 

Still plenty of time to go....
  • Laddick01 said:
    This makes you realise how poor this division was last season. This year clubs will throw money around.

From what we’ve seen so far I think top 6 will be really competitive.
    I’m sure we will be competitive but we are nowhere near it right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if we may try and bring either Bursik (Stoke Goalkeeper who played on loan for Peterborough against us) or Alex Palmer (West Brom Goalkeeper who was on loan against us for Lincoln). 

Both good young prospects who may struggle for Championship game time next seaso
  • Wonder if we may try and bring either Bursik (Stoke Goalkeeper who played on loan for Peterborough against us) or Alex Palmer (West Brom Goalkeeper who was on loan against us for Lincoln). 

Both good young prospects who may struggle for Championship game time next seaso
    It makes sense to bring in a loan keeper, considering AMB is being prepped for the role. 

It doesn’t make sense to give a new keeper a multi year contract.

• Amos is a decent League 1 keeper, plenty better in my opinion.

Aneke was not Championship standard at all. I would bet he doesn’t get more than 5 goals for them given that he can’t play a whole game and Championship centre backs are a lot better than those in league 1.

I really can’t believe Sandgaard would do all he has already and then falter when he has the chance to make a real difference and put more blocks in place into realising the dream he has made so public.

Now we are clearer in terms of what we need to do. Two players have decided to go elsewhere, players at other clubs will do likewise. I think we will start to see some movement now.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Team for friendly one...

M.Brewer
    Barker - Inniss - Gunter
    Stockley - Washington

I would go with Gunter right back, purrington left back, Pearce in the middle and Morgan on the left instead of barker and Clayden starting
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Team for friendly one...

M.Brewer
    Barker - Inniss - Gunter
    Stockley - Washington

Has Clayden signed a contract?  I thought he was in the "offered a contract to" list of kids.
  • edited June 2021
    Wonder if we may try and bring either Bursik (Stoke Goalkeeper who played on loan for Peterborough against us) or Alex Palmer (West Brom Goalkeeper who was on loan against us for Lincoln). 

It makes sense to bring in a loan keeper, considering AMB is being prepped for the role. 

Would be delighted with Bursik as he looked excellent for Peterborough and then Lincoln in the first Play-Off game - They've got Adam Davies @ Stoke as their No.1 still so may want to loan him for stability as well, seeing he had four loans last season

Shame we cant bring in Rob Elliot who might be happy being an experienced No.2 for a few years.

It also does not make sense to play someone else's kid if we think ours is good enough.

I want/expect either a multi year contract for an experienced number 1 or someone that is obviously back up like Sullivan. 
  • As I said last season, I don’t feel any emotional connection to any of these players and they failed to make the playoffs. Not bothered if any leave and we got a totally new squad.
    Pretty much as I see it.
    They weren't good enough last season so why would they be good enough this season 
  • I'm not that bothered about either leaving tbh. Trust the management and decide when they are finished the recruitment process. 
  • Sponsored links:

• AMB being talked up a lot. Has one year left on his contract.  If that good why have we not extended it?
  • As I said last season, I don’t feel any emotional connection to any of these players and they failed to make the playoffs. Not bothered if any leave and we got a totally new squad.
    Exactly my thoughts. Not bothered who goes (with the exception of Inniss)
  • edited June 2021
  • Maybe we need to go back and have a look at this 'strict' budget. If we're losing players to Wigan then I'm sure it's not just our squad players choosing other league One clubs over us. 
    Amos wants to move up north and if Wigan the only team that offered him that chance he don’t have much choice … sure he would have liked Man City but it is what it is if he desperately wants to go home .. nothing about losing a player to Wigan he has no choice 

Pretty much as I see it.
    They weren't good enough last season so why would they be good enough this season 
    Agree, they were not good enough to reach the playoffs, at least until Nige arrived that was, but we had a good response to Bowyer going and Nige arriving, now we are losing good team players, and I will certainly be bothered if we don't get ourselves sorted pronto, it just seems one way traffic at the moment, in the wrong direction.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Two good players that have rejected our contract offer. Can’t say I’m happy 
    One wants to be with his family so no matter we offered him 50,000 a week don’t change anything the other a player who found a club that going to give him one last chance at championship level as a sub ….. 
    Pretty much as I see it.
    Maybe but I think Chuks and Amos are good enough for promotion from this league.

Debatable whether Pearce and Watson are though. It's disappointing but maybe understandable why the good players are leaving and the old donkeys are staying
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!