Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    Looks like a complete rebuild with Amos looking like he’s heading out too, wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Bolton. Fresh start think it’s what we all need. 
    It’s not Bolton.
  • Sage said:
    Might as well say it and add to the news, Amos looks set to be heading back up north, around 15-20 miles from Manchester…
    Well if you've said it first I've heard the same.
  • Sage said:
    Might as well say it and add to the news, Amos looks set to be heading back up north, around 15-20 miles from Manchester…
    Heard this a couple of months ago. He’s built a new house up there and is desperate to start living in it. 

I’d be comfortable giving AMB a chance but there’s always MacGillivray.
  • Sad about Aneke because when he’s fit he tears up this division. 

Gotta say I wasn’t massively impressed with him when we were last in the Championship. Big step up but I think with regular game time he can make it. Needs to stay injury free though.

Bowyer’s business is interesting so far. If it doesn’t work it could go very sour very fast. 
  • Sage said:
    Heard this a couple of months ago. He’s built a new house up there and is desperate to start living in it. 

I’d be comfortable giving AMB a chance but there’s always MacGillivray.
    I believe Adkins said previously if Ben goes AMB will stay and play
  • Jesus this kid got Cousins and Power right so must be something in it. Losing players to Wigan, fan fucking tastic 
  • Sage said:
    Wigan is what I heard but unreliable source. WIOTOS and all that.

He is a Macc Lad.

Don't want to lose Chuks, will be hard to replace, harder than Amos but WIOTOS.

• Sponsored links:

• Wigan had a takeover after us don't make sense.
  • Maybe we need to go back and have a look at this 'strict' budget. If we're losing players to Wigan then I'm sure it's not just our squad players choosing other league One clubs over us. 
  • edited June 2021
    I’m not too fussed on either going however I’m worried that neither of these players must be sold on the project here, if they were they’d stay, especially Amos as he’s going to another league 1 team who seem to be throwing the gauntlet at getting out of this division where else we seem to be sitting on our hands, which I no doubt know it’s the the case but outside looking in. 
  • edited June 2021
    Sage said:

He is a Macc Lad.

Macclesfield or Manchester Henners? Mind you they’re not that far apart 😉
  • Laddick01 said:
    I’m weirdly excited about these departures. Hopefully things get moving now as we know our situation.
    Things are finally moving. No more excuses, let’s go get the players in.
  • Maybe we need to go back and have a look at this 'strict' budget. If we're losing players to Wigan then I'm sure it's not just our squad players choosing other league One clubs over us. 
    Tbf it sounded like Amos was in a unique position where he'd have moved up north to anyone in this league.

I doubt we were going to offer him enough to reconsider as, whilst he's a decent enough keeper, he's very replaceable.
  • Perhaps we have someone lined up and Amos didn’t fancy being on the bench every week.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Bournesnr said:
    Perhaps we have someone lined up and Amos didn’t fancy being on the bench every week.
    Yeh thats what I thought.  If he became second man at Charlton now it's career over really.
  • Ouch.

Chucks would have been a great asset off the bench.

Not to bothered about Amos going as it sounds like a better fit for him and I am keen to see what AMB is made of.  Underlines the fact that there will be some strong sides fighting for promotion this season and we will have to build a very good squad in order to be in amongst them.

In TS we trust.
  • Anyway, those out of contract players will be joining clubs this week, so sure we’ll announce a few 
  • Rothko said:
    Shocker! bloke from Greater Manchester signs for club in Greater Manchester
    Stop talking sense mate ffs
  • RedChaser said:
    Sage said:

He is a Macc Lad.

Macclesfield or Manchester Henners? Mind you they’re not that far apart 😉
    Born in Macclesfield
  • edited June 2021
    We won’t be losing Amos to Wigan because of wages. It’s purely about location.
    I suspect they will be paying better wages as well . 
    Wigan look like they mean business - Unlike us
    Eh?
    How on earth can you say that ffs?
  • edited June 2021
    We won’t be losing Amos to Wigan because of wages. It’s purely about location.
    I suspect they will be paying better wages as well . 
    Wigan look like they mean business - Unlike us
    I’m just glad we’ve still got a club to support Beds, keep the faith let’s wait and see what transpires 😉
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!