Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Chuks hasn't gone to Birmingham yet. Surely all we know is that they would be interested or is there something else I have missed?
  • Options
    Chuks leaving for the Championship has been obvious since all the contract talks stalled earlier in the year.

• Options
    Chuks hasn't gone to Birmingham yet. Surely all we know is that they would be interested or is there something else I have missed?
    An article from a questionable source

https://the72.co.uk/240473/birmingham-city-set-to-sign-charlton-athletics-chuks-aneke-on-a-free-transfer/
  • Options
    Chucks to become one of the ‘bench warmers’ next season. 😂😂😂
  • Options
    wasnt he last season ?
  • Options
    I respectfully suggest to Chuks that he speaks to Lyle Taylor before committing to a mid-table/relegation threatened Championship club.

Big school is tough.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Chucks to become one of the ‘bench warmers’ next season. 😂😂😂
    So a step up from what he is now then.
  • Options
    I haven't got a problem with TS saying we are going to blow the division away. Obviously the statement needs backing up, but he surely said it because he believes it.
  • Options
    The club published a story at 12:00 and 13:00 is it 3rd time lucky? 
  • Options
    I haven't got a problem with TS saying we are going to blow the division away. Obviously the statement needs backing up, but he surely said it because he believes it.
    He also booked flights for the play off final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So Stockley didn't buy a house in Bexley or Chislehurst and he didn't, nor his agent, play one club off against another. 
    I heard he is living at Danny Green's place.

Danny invited him round for a drink a few weeks ago having bumped into him in Makros.  Jayden thought it was really nice and Danny invited him to stay the night in the spare room and then he just never left.  Danny's dad is going ballistic.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    DOUCHER said:
    It would make sense if Chucks went to Birmingham - Bowyer knows his problems, Chucks has Championship ability, Chucks will likely want Championship pay despite his problems and Chucks was apparently the only player to wish Bowyer well following his departure and for some reason his playing time seemed to drop off dramatically under Adkins.
    I agree with all that, but I do have to point out that it was you who first circulated the rumour about Chuks falling out with LB, about him supposedly making Williams cry. 

I only bring it up because a lot of fans seem to be holding a grudge over that, but it doesn't seem to be holding much weight.
    True, that was what I was told - maybe it led to a making up / closer relationship ???
  • Options
    Money talks 
  • Options
    Chuks going isn’t the end of the world especially as it’s not to a rival. Gutted he’s going but we can’t complete with champ teams. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The club published a story at 12:00 and 13:00 is it 3rd time lucky? 
    Nope, only 54 minutes until 15:00 though :smile:
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Just another reminder of the team that kicked off our automatic promotion year under Powell

GoalkeeperRob Elliot
    DefenderChris Solly
    DefenderMatt Taylor
    Defender/Centre backMichael Morrison
    MidfielderDanny Hollands
    MidfielderJohnnie Jackson
    MidfielderDale Stephens
    Midfielder/ForwardScott Wagstaff
    ForwardPaul Hayes
    That was a half decent side tbf. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Godstone is a good choice, would have gone for Oxted, but ya know
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    Just another reminder of the team that kicked off our automatic promotion year under Powell

GoalkeeperRob Elliot
    DefenderChris Solly
    DefenderMatt Taylor
    Defender/Centre backMichael Morrison
    MidfielderDanny Hollands
    MidfielderJohnnie Jackson
    MidfielderDale Stephens
    Midfielder/ForwardScott Wagstaff
    ForwardPaul Hayes
    That was a half decent side tbf. 
    Half decent?  Tough crowd this.  A decent team might have got 102 points :p
  • Options
    Stockley moving 10 mins from where I live and about 15 from JFC. Will see him out and about for sure, as I do JFC, as this neck of the woods is really nice but pubs, restaurants etc are far fewer than in towns and cities. 

Anyway back to transfer talk, I too would not be overly disappointed if Chuks chose to move on. He has done his best and returned some very nice goals/moments for us while here, but would prefer to have another striker that could cut it for 90 mins if possible. In last few seasons I would have been more concerned, I just feel confident that TS will have a sensible, but useful enough budget to deliver what we are looking for to have a real automatic promotion place push.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    So what rumours do we have live atm?

GK MacGillivray is the only name I have heard other than Amos.

RB Todd Kane. Or is this just because he has links with Nigel from a loan spell.

LB Connor Ogilvie? Or is it just wishful thinking.

CB Will Boyle of Cheltenham.

Right footed wingers Josh Martin, Viv Soloman-Otobar

Midfield Regan Slater, Joe Morrell, George Dobson and Scott Fraser have all been linked. 

Two ex Hull free agents Jackson Irvine and Jon Torel have also been mentioned by click bait sites. 

Left footed utility man Shane Ferguson is still available. 

Forwards Colby Bishop was mentioned a few pages ago. 
    Pretty sure Morrell, Bishop, Fraser and Ogilvie haven’t been linked with us, fans have chucked them names around online.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    So what rumours do we have live atm?

GK MacGillivray is the only name I have heard other than Amos.

RB Todd Kane. Or is this just because he has links with Nigel from a loan spell.

LB Connor Ogilvie? Or is it just wishful thinking.

CB Will Boyle of Cheltenham.

Right footed wingers Josh Martin, Viv Soloman-Otobar

Midfield Regan Slater, Joe Morrell, George Dobson and Scott Fraser have all been linked. 

Two ex Hull free agents Jackson Irvine and Jon Torel have also been mentioned by click bait sites. 

Left footed utility man Shane Ferguson is still available. 

Forwards Colby Bishop was mentioned a few pages ago. 
    Pretty sure Morrell, Bishop, Fraser and Ogilvie haven’t been linked with us, fans have chucked them names around online.
    Yeah only name I've had mentioned to me out of those is Ogilvie, but I think there's a fair bit of competition for him though. 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Chuks will be a massive loss for us next season. You can’t replace that quality in L1 without spending a lot of money or getting lucky.

we can all moan about his injury problems but he still scored 15 goals and let’s face it if he was fit we’d be looking at a £4-5m player.

On Chuks part you can’t blame and he’s done nothing wrong and left in the right way.

Right now we are left looking significantly weaker than last season with no incomings rumoured.
    Of course we are. And so is every club in this division.
    Each and every club has players out of contract and not yet replaced.

And that's because it's still only 25th June.

• Options
    I had this list for rumours mentioned/missed by Lifers:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!