Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    I had this list for rumours mentioned/missed by Lifers:

In my defence, Stockley had verbally agreed and all parties had it down as 'Done' whilst he went on Holiday... 
  • edited June 2021
    does seem a bit of a harsh red but y’know football’s a funny old game and we’ve all seen them given.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Chuks will be a massive loss for us next season. You can’t replace that quality in L1 without spending a lot of money or getting lucky.

we can all moan about his injury problems but he still scored 15 goals and let’s face it if he was fit we’d be looking at a £4-5m player.

On Chuks part you can’t blame and he’s done nothing wrong and left in the right way.

Right now we are left looking significantly weaker than last season with no incomings rumoured.
    Of course we are. And so is every club in this division.
    Each and every club has players out of contract and not yet replaced.

And that's because it's still only 25th June.

You say that but I just Darragh @ Peterborough and they are about to announce 2/3 signings on Monday.

We can keep saying it’s June & nothings happening - but it is and lots have signings have been made. Things need to start moving next week so 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I had this list for rumours mentioned/missed by Lifers:

Well one of my Chuks has to be right 😂😂😂
  • Sod off Bowyer 
  • At least he can’t score against us next season . 

Fuck of Bowyer 
  • Wonder how many people will be bothered by this

Seeing that Aneke should have accepted something from us or should have long gone away by now...
  • Puts a load more pressure on the window. I thought Chuks, Stockley, Schwartz and Washington would probably be enough but Chuks departing leaves a big hole.

We now arguably need to sign a striker that will get 20 goals this season, there or thereabouts. Especially as it remains to be seen what will happen to Ronnie.
  • Shame he is gone but is replaceable seen as though he is massively unfit
  • Sponsored links:

• No chance he's passing a medical haha. Don't think he'll do a great deal at that level. 
  • Looks like currently our squad is worse than it was last season. 

We don't even have the excuse of starting after everyone else like last year.

Other teams making good signings and we're still sitting around sorting out contracts for 30+ year olds. 
  • He’s a good player and if he can stay fit, he’ll be an asset for them.

In a way I’m kind of glad we don’t have the crutch of a half fit striker in the squad being our best weapon. 

There are plenty of gettable goalscorers at this level who can play 90 minutes week in week out and we no longer have to strategise our game plan around how many minutes can Chuks play this week?
  • Would have been happy to see him re-sign as he is a known quantity and avoids adding another piece of the puzzle to the rebuild. But you can't always get what you want. 

In a way I’m kind of glad we don’t have the crutch of a half fit striker in the squad being our best weapon. 

There are plenty of gettable goalscorers at this level who can play 90 minutes week in week out and we no longer have to strategise our game plan around how many minutes can Chuks play this week?
    Can we find the right player for a small sum though? 

Considering we also need to find another 8 players or so for the first team. 
  • Hopefully we’ve got someone lined up that play more than 60 minutes a game. Bowyer preparing Birmingham for league 1 by the looks of it. Makes sense Chuks going there as Bows will know the mystery problem and manage him properly. 
  • Wierdly Chuks is a player who I 100% didn't want to go, but I am also not sad or disappointed that he now is.
  • Puts a load more pressure on the window. I thought Chuks, Stockley, Schwartz and Washington would probably be enough but Chuks departing leaves a big hole.

We now arguably need to sign a striker that will get 20 goals this season, there or thereabouts. Especially as it remains to be seen what will happen to Ronnie.
    I would like to think that the scouting team have been planning for this and it isn’t a case of starting from scratch from now. 
  • Sponsored links:

No way we'll be spending the kind of money required to get a player with the same goals/games ratio as Chuks. Never mind the fact that he was best in the league.

The only way we'll get a player like it is if we happen upon a more unproven player and it clicks for them here. It's a big ask.

We know by now we're not going to be "blowing the league away" financially and in a way I'm glad we're not, I'd much rather have a sustainable club that'll still be here in a few years time.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Chuks will be a massive loss for us next season. You can’t replace that quality in L1 without spending a lot of money or getting lucky.

we can all moan about his injury problems but he still scored 15 goals and let’s face it if he was fit we’d be looking at a £4-5m player.

On Chuks part you can’t blame and he’s done nothing wrong and left in the right way.

Right now we are left looking significantly weaker than last season with no incomings rumoured.
    Of course we are. And so is every club in this division.
    Each and every club has players out of contract and not yet replaced.

And that's because it's still only 25th June.

You say that but I just Darragh @ Peterborough and they are about to announce 2/3 signings on Monday.

We can keep saying it’s June & nothings happening - but it is and lots have signings have been made. Things need to start moving next week so 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
    It's June ..... and what happens at this time is that there's stuff going on behind the scenes.
    That doesn't mean there's nothing happening.

It often takes a lot of work to sign a player, especially those better players out of contract ........ they'll get a number of offers from different clubs.
    They are not usually in a rush to jump at the first offer they get. Their agent will make sure of that.

Sometimes you miss out on a player. That's what Pompey said when they missed out on Stockley.

Most players available haven't signed for anyone yet.
    And there's more players yet to be made available by their clubs later in the window.

Posh believe they've got a couple of deals in the can. Maybe they have.
    But they'll still be a long way from completing their team rebuilding. 

Same for most clubs, including us.
    It's obvious we're not trying to sign any player just to make up numbers - there's a plan. It'll come together for us sooner or later.

BTW I'm on your side, fingers crossed and all that. :smile:

• edited June 2021
    He’s a good player and if he can stay fit, he’ll be an asset for them.

No way we'll be spending the kind of money required to get a player with the same goals/games ratio as Chuks. Never mind the fact that he was best in the league.

The only way we'll get a player like it is if we happen upon a more unproven player and it clicks for them here. It's a big ask.

We know by now we're not going to be "blowing the league away" financially and in a way I'm glad we're not, I'd much rather have a sustainable club that'll still be here in a few years time.
    Sure but due to his limited game time, he only got 15 goals across a 46 game season. We don’t need a 25-30 goal man to replace him, just someone steady, 10-15 a season who can provide competition to Stockley and Washington.
  • edited June 2021
  • Looks like currently our squad is worse than it was last season. 

We don't even have the excuse of starting after everyone else like last year.

Other teams making good signings and we're still sitting around sorting out contracts for 30+ year olds. 
    I expect that 90% of football clubs squad's are worse on the 25th June, than they were last season.
    I'll judge the squad in 9/10 weeks time, when the window closes.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Camara from Plymouth anybody.
    Would be on my list of possibles
  • Probably the best player in the league but he can’t play 90 minutes and would have likely been on very high wages. The club would have been well aware he was likely to leave and will no doubt have contingencies.

All his good work was without fans and as such will be quickly forgotten once the season gets underway. 

Let’s utilise the money saved on his wages and go and get a replacement. My ideal replacement would be Stephen Humphrys. 
  • If he goes then we move on and get a fitter replacement.

Imho not good enough for championship but as we saw with Taylor many players happy to sit on there arse and earn money.

It would server Bowyer right if his fitness problems got worse because he knows exactly what problems chucks has.

Think Brum will be in trouble next season but time will tell.
  • edited June 2021
    Looks like a complete rebuild with Amos looking like he’s heading out too, wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Blackburn or somewhere similar. Fresh start think it’s what we all need. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!