Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Maybe we need to go back and have a look at this 'strict' budget. If we're losing players to Wigan then I'm sure it's not just our squad players choosing other league One clubs over us. 
    In the case of Amos, I think it was stated on here possibly before the end of last season that he wanted to go back up north (proper north, not dale stevens north).

if this is true, we might have offered more than wigan but non financial factors took precedence
  • At least we've kept the two old men who are somehow slower than Gary Doherty, but eh, at least #walkingisbrilliant
  • J BLOCK said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I had this list for rumours mentioned/missed by Lifers:

In my defence, Stockley had verbally agreed and all parties had it down as 'Done' whilst he went on Holiday... 
    Yeah I did question green or red, but it seems Pompey were almost a spanner in the works. I added the bit about offer made to clarify that we were certainly in talks. 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    At least we've kept the two old men who are somehow slower than Gary Doherty, but eh, at least #walkingisbrilliant
    Yes but they don’t kick the toe of their boots into the cinder track before entering the pitch! ‘One GaryDoherty, thank goodness there’s only one Gary Doherty’ 😁
  • So Chuks to Birmingham is probably the move that stings, he is a good player that can cause damage, problem is he can't stay fit. 

Can we get Leko in from them is a question I'd be asking. 
  • Would have liked both to stay but they are not so we move on. Still have every confidence in Thomas and his team and that we will have a good season COYR 
  • Sponsored links:

• We won’t be losing Amos to Wigan because of wages. It’s purely about location.
    I suspect they will be paying better wages as well . 
    Wigan look like they mean business - Unlike us
    I think that’s a bit of an overreaction mate. We have no idea of the finances going around in League One, if they’re offering better wages it’s not because we can’t match it, they just value the player higher than we do.

There will be signings - some great, some good, some not so good. When the season kicks off we’ll be as ready as anyone.
  • We won’t be losing Amos to Wigan because of wages. It’s purely about location.
    I think that’s a bit of an overreaction mate. We have no idea of the finances going around in League One, if they’re offering better wages it’s not because we can’t match it, they just value the player higher than we do.

There will be signings - some great, some good, some not so good. When the season kicks off we’ll be as ready as anyone.
    We could have a younger keeper lined up on less than Amos, which increases the budget overall 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So Chuks to Birmingham is probably the move that stings, he is a good player that can cause damage, problem is he can't stay fit. 

Can we get Leko in from them is a question I'd be asking. 

I'd be asking a lot of questions about Leko's recovery from his injury too.

I agree, but also worth remembering our owner is half way to being a billionaire, he's not as wealthy as some football club owners around this level. 

Hopefully we have a contingency in place for these out of contract players going, otherwise I see another tough season.

Sandgaard knows this, we know this, this season there are NO excuses. 

• WSS said:
    I'm really not bothered by people going in all honesty.

Thomas doesn't want to fail and I don't think his ego will want to lose any goodwill. Unless as a fanbase we've been hoodwinked yet again by a load of false promises I think 'Charlton will come good.'

24/7 news and social media doesn't help but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised come the end of August.
    Well, they'd better start getting players in sharpish. Pre season starts on Monday & at this rate they will be playing 5 a side. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    No chance he's passing a medical haha. Don't think he'll do a great deal at that level. 
    Agreed, another striker gone to sit on the bench who won't get many goals. It's a bit different at that level chuks 
  • Plus the season doesn't start for ages yet... How many players will we have for friendly no.1?

Who will come in?

Who might still leave?

We could have a younger keeper lined up on less than Amos, which increases the budget overall 
    That’s it in one - Sancho and Ronaldo wanted an extra 5k so Amos had to go 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Not bothered by these players choosing to go elsewhere, if there hearts were really in for the fight with us they would have signed something a while ago. They are players that were part of a team that managed to completely fail at getting into the playoffs from a really good position. Get rid and move on with fresh players wanting to be with us. I slated both Watson and Pearce last season and hope they are restricted to bit- part appearances, as neither are starters for me,But at least they are happy to accept there positions in the squad and still put it in for our club. Nobody we currently have including chuks is worth worrying about losing. Let’s move on👍
  • Amos joined Wigan, because he has always wanted to play at a place that has a pier
  • Of the out of contract players we offered contracts to I wanted to keep Aneke most, then Matthews, then Amos, then Watson, then Pearce... Disappointed so far.  

Have any of the kids offered contracts signed up?  It seems odd if we can't even get the 17 yrs olds to sign their professional contracts.

Always put the "blow it out of the league" down to American naivety/enthusiasm but thought we might be better placed than we are currently.  Long way to go yet I guess.
  • edited June 2021
    Just made our job that much harder.

I just hope that TS is as good as his word because we need some serious money to be thrown at this if we want to at least make the play offs. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    We won’t be losing Amos to Wigan because of wages. It’s purely about location.

I agree, but also worth remembering our owner is half way to being a billionaire, he's not as wealthy as some football club owners around this level. 

Hopefully we have a contingency in place for these out of contract players going, otherwise I see another tough season.

Sandgaard knows this, we know this, this season there are NO excuses. 

Agreed, but at this level anybody offering astronomical wages (like the rumoured 10k a week at Ipswich) will be looking at a very harsh abyss if they don’t make the Premier League soon. 

We have a long term plan with a very astute owner who cares about the football club, I wouldn’t swap that for someone a little richer. 

We’ll certainly have a contingency in place - it really wouldn’t surprise me if both were replaced next week. Things will start to move very quickly now. 
  • Amos to Wigan is not a shock for geographical reasons . At 31 he may want to move back north .

Sometimes location works in our favour . Sometimes not .

MacGillivray has been linked but I suspect he will also attract Ipswich . They have taken Pompey's GK coach .

Other options ? AMB would need competition . 

There are plenty of free agent or loanee keepers available .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!