Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Sage said:
    Now we have lots of work to do, we were hoping to keep them but you now have to add a keeper and a striker on the list of what is required.

I am calm, but I do think it’s going to be a harder season than many would’ve anticipated going into this summer and this is not a reaction from the news today.

Sandgaard would do well to appoint a CEO who runs things on the ground whilst he’s in the US. I get it’s his way and all those reasons, but we need that figurehead in the UK. 
    Has that actually affected anything yet?  I understand why he did it but it is a bit unique. 
  • Sage said:
    Now we have lots of work to do, we were hoping to keep them but you now have to add a keeper and a striker on the list of what is required.

I am calm, but I do think it’s going to be a harder season than many would’ve anticipated going into this summer and this is not a reaction from the news today.

Sandgaard would do well to appoint a CEO who runs things on the ground whilst he’s in the US. I get it’s his way and all those reasons, but we need that figurehead in the UK. 
    It feels like that is Ged Roddy to a certain degree.

I know that's not his actual job but still.
  • Sage said:

Interesting. I've seen a lot of people express surprise that he's doing it his own way but this is the first time I've seen someone say we'd be better off with a CEO in the UK.

Would be interested in understanding how it might change things
  • Wasn’t one player from last season I’d shed a tear for if they went, so hey ho. 
    Completely agree with you, but it's just another two signings we now need to make. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Sad about Aneke because when he’s fit he tears up this division. 

Gotta say I wasn’t massively impressed with him when we were last in the Championship. Big step up but I think with regular game time he can make it. Needs to stay injury free though.

Bowyer’s business is interesting so far. If it doesn’t work it could go very sour very fast. 
     Anekecis rarely fit though.
    Laddick01 said:
    Sad about Aneke because when he’s fit he tears up this division. 

Gotta say I wasn’t massively impressed with him when we were last in the Championship. Big step up but I think with regular game time he can make it. Needs to stay injury free though.

Bowyer’s business is interesting so far. If it doesn’t work it could go very sour very fast. 
     Anekecis rarely fit though.
    An unfit Aneke svote just as many as a fit Connor Washington......and seeing as no-one on here rates Schwatz then we need as least another 2 good strikers, and preferably 3. 
  • Got two right chucks Amos now Mathew's to millwall
  • Always preferred Chuks Aneke to Ed Aneke if I'm honest.
  • Have to admit I did expect a bit more incoming activity by now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• All we need now is gallon to brum.
  • GK -
    RB -
    CB - Inniss + Pearce
    LB - Purrington
    CM - Watson + Gilbey + Morgan
    Wing - DJ
    ST - Stockley + Washington + Ronnie

Think this is our signed up current senior squad as it stands (correct me if I'm wrong).

Not looking great right now tbh when you see it on paper. Lots of work to be done so let's hope we start seeing some movement next week.

• Who says Wigan are offering Amos more? Maybe we offered him a contract to number 2 as we already have Mcgilvery lined up.
  • RedJohn said:
    anther day without a signing means another day closer to a signing.
    Straight from the Michael Owen school of punditry.
  • Gallen not gallon.
  • Jac_52 said:
    GK -
    RB -
    CB - Inniss + Pearce
    LB - Purrington
    Wing - DJ

Think this is our signed up current senior squad as it stands (correct me if I'm wrong).

Not looking great right now tbh when you see it on paper. Lots of work to be done so let's hope we start seeing some movement next week.

I think we have gunter as well
  • Jac_52 said:
    GK -
    RB -
    CB - Inniss + Pearce
    LB - Purrington
    Wing - DJ

Quite right thanks
  • Jac_52 said:
    GK -
    RB -
    CB - Inniss + Pearce
    LB - Purrington
    Wing - DJ

A promising youngster if I'm correct 
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicks59 said:
    Gallen not gallon.
    Use the edit button @Addicks59 click on the little wheel top right of your post) 😉
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Who says Wigan are offering Amos more? Maybe we offered him a contract to number 2 as we already have Mcgilvery lined up.
    We did not offer Amos a contract as number 2 in league 1.

I don't care if you think he is shit or brilliant there is no way we would offer a contract, and actually expect him to sign it, as a number 2.

Now we might have offered him 50p a week knowing he wouldn't sign it so it looks like we tried but I highly doubt it. 
  • Team for friendly one...

M.Brewer
    Barker - Inniss - Gunter
    Jaiyesimi - Gilbey - Watson - Morgan - Clayden
    Stockley - Washington

• Dazzler21 said:
    Team for friendly one...

M.Brewer
    Barker - Inniss - Gunter
    Stockley - Washington

Now name the seven subs 😉
  • Adkins went on record to say Amos was number 1 next season, he’s not been offered a contract to stay as number 2. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Team for friendly one...

M.Brewer
    Barker - Inniss - Gunter
    Stockley - Washington

Now name the seven subs 😉
    Youth
    Youth
    Youth
    Tooth
    Youth
    Youth
    Youth
  • would ideally like Chucks to stay but would of preferred Stockley over him purely on fitness basis.

If Chucks goes it might open up a space for a quicker forward/winger to play of Jayden. 

Whatever happens I am confident in the owner that we will have a squad at the end of August that will allow us to challenge and build a base for years to come. 
    Stockley was here for the second half of last season, we had both strikers, so it's not as if he's a Chuks replacement.

Therefore we're now considerably weaker up front. I felt we probably needed to sign another striker even if Aneke did stay, so now we need to sign 2.
  • Wigan have money to throw around this summer. Nice payday and local to home for Amos. No brainer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!